Resources For Learning About The Jewish People and Judaism

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by mmatt9876, May 1, 2017.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He did, I posted the video. That's the one we send to all new recruits.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Back a couple years ago I visited a Synagogue about thirty minutes away from my house in another town and I had a good experience there with the service and the people. I do not have a car right now so I cannot visit the Synagogue any time soon unfortunately. I must agree, actually meeting the Jewish community would probably be the best way to learn about the history, language, and culture of the Jewish people and their religion Judaism. Thanks! I do not know why I did not think of that first.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Sometimes the obvious is missed .

Also though remember , a culture , has its , perspective on life .

mmatt9876 likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

It sounds like Jewish history and Roman history are significantly connected to each other.

8. river

They are , but learn for yourself matt.

There is much , much , much , to learn , understand , ........conclude.

mmatt9876 likes this.
  9. timojin Valued Senior Member

Zoroastrianism does not worship any Idols or object made by man Hinduism does. Perhaps Hinduism did not worship any idols now I believe they do.

10. timojin Valued Senior Member

You can look further back into 300 Bc Greeks had big influence after Alexander the great conquests. then Jews for a short period liberated themselves ( by the Maccabean family ) Than were harassed and they asked the Romans for help, yes than the Romans took control over them in about 30 bc.

mmatt9876 likes this.
  11. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

12. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Is hatred of Jews spread by radical Islam the most widespread form of hatred for Jews today? I think conventional Islam condemns such hatred.

13. timojin Valued Senior Member

In the past before 1945 I don.t believe there was hatred, as a matter of fact , Istam trusted the Jews, wherever Islam occupied Jews were the privileged, in many country they were the treasurers for the nation of Islam. The hatred began when large number of Jews started move into the so called Palestine ( name given by Romans after the uprising in 105 ad to eliminate the existence of Israel because the uprising )

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Have you ever even opened a KKKoran? It's Jew hatred around every corner.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I'm hardly an expert on this issue, but I know enough to answer "no" to your question. Most of the Muslim countries have been living with Jews among their population for so long that the two groups are getting along just fine.

Take Iran, for instance. The country's constitution requires that the government assembly (or whatever its proper name is) must always have at least one Jewish delegate. There are enough Jewish people in Iran that there are almost always at least two in the assembly. And there's at least one kosher butcher in every town.

So no, the antipathy toward Jews that began to rise in the 20th century has nothing to do with Islam. The Christian nations have been the home of the worst anti-Semites for centuries.

16. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

Thank you guys for enlightening me with the knowledge that there is no hatred between Islam and Judaism. I believe they are both great religions and is nice to hear that both peoples live together across the world in peace.

17. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I am not sure where I got the idea that radical Islam was against the Jews. Maybe it was from watching the news on the conflict between Israel and Palestine. What is the deal with Israel and Palestine? I believe the Palestinians want freedom from Israel. Why do they want freedom from Israel? Is it because Israel began building settlements on their land?

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That must be a definition of the word fine I'm not aware of. Jews were always treated as second class. In the Ottoman empire, they were spit on, got rocks thrown at them, were not allowed to own weapons or ride a horse. This is because of the Quran. Their treatment was similar to Christian Europe.

19. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I have given it some thought and I have decided I am not Christian anymore. It just does not seem like Christian ideology lines up with science. I was also turned off from Christianity by the actions of some of its followers in the past against the Jews and Muslims. I know that the actions of people in the past have nothing to do with me or Christians today but I am still turned off by these actions.

20. timojin Valued Senior Member

Have you considered Christians are not Catholics, Catholicism is a Roman religion, which is a combination of Judaism Christianity and other primitive paganism . Islam is a combination of Christianity and Judaism.
    So Do you really know what you want ? If you want to acknowledge God you don't have to join any club , but follow God's commandments.

mmatt9876 likes this.
  21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Mazel tov!

mmatt9876 likes this.
  22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You should learn more about the Jesuits before you dismiss the entire Christian religion. Jesuit universities teach both the Big Bang and evolution.

mmatt9876 likes this.
  23. mmatt9876 Registered Senior Member

I suppose I could give the idea of believing in the Christian faith some more thought and consideration.