Psychosis ~What is it?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Quantum Quack, Mar 4, 2006.

1. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

And. Brent.
    I apologize for never responding to that thread from before. Or responding to this post you've made mentioning me now.
    I wish I knew how to help you. But, I don't. As I've stated, and as Quantum Quack agrees, I think that a huge portion of your problem lies in difficulties in communication.
    The only advice I can think now is "practice makes perfect."
    But who knows. Maybe there's some kind of communications course you could take? Something with experts actually working with you on a personal basis? Show you how to express yourself effectively?

Anyway.
    I'll TRY to find some time to read what you've written here and to respond to it as I am able. But, at the moment, reality has sort of grabbed me by the balls. What can I say? It's funny. Sometimes the 'real world' just grabs you and won't let you go. Things are happening right now and I don't have the time I used to.
    So. I'm sorry.

Wes's advice is good also. About how you should simply BE Brent rather than Brent reflecting on Brent.
    This all goes back to Existentialism of course. You should understand the point without any long exhortations.

However. 'Being Brent' without being able to communicate with others in your life doesn't solve the problem, does it?

Maybe you just need to get laid?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Funny. Where'd you read that? Now I'm putting people down?
    Hmm.
    Imagine that.
    (No. Seriously. Imagine it. Oh. That's right. You did.)

Do you think that this is all that happens? That only emotional and intellectual retards make bad decsions and screw up the lives of their 'betters'?

Are you one of the 'betters', by the way?
    By what criteria, I wonder?
    You're such a snob, aren't you?

Anyway.
    Am I supposed to take your passive agressive jabbering and somehow interpret it to mean me? That somehow I've made a bad decision that is screwing over my 'betters'? And that now I'm insulting my victims in some manner?

Or are you just writing random shit from your paranoia handbook?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The emotional and intellectual retards that I mention parasitize society and set the stage for conflicts such as the one we are having here, Invert. I really do think you do some of your crap on purpose, but we are working against a world view that was put together by these emotional retards, too much of which you mistake for correct. Too much of it is easily disproven and people like you refuse to believe the evidence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Evidence....? You’re funny.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Does your collection of anti-establishment diatribes constitute this "evidence"?

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Don't forget my usual stink-finger salute.

9. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Non-sequiter. No is being put down because of it at this time.

Again, non-sequiter, as no one is slapping or fucking anyone around. I have every right to dissapprove of you or an attitude you represent. I have not or would not slap or fuck you around.

The fact is as I've experienced, that such "intelligent, senstivie, responsible treatment" is basically to indoctrinate you into some bullshit schema where you don't have a choice. It never really works unless you choose. If you have to be bullshitted by others into choosing what's right for YOU, I don't think it's a healthy choice, because it founds your future perspective in disempowerment, rather than empowerment.

The realization of choice is an act of empowerment. By that I mean it lends to understanding of self and confidence, rather than introducing yet another fictional mental scapegoat for one to latch onto with the addictive tendency that was previously put towards a substance.

You can ask for anything. It's my opinion that only the realization of choice will free you from the demon. It's fine with me if you disagree.

That's fine but it seems to me that in doing so you are not helping yourself, as you ask for something that doesn't really exist. So you further avoid your possible realization.

Lol, so I presume I am one of the emotional and intellectual retards to which you refer? You're one of the "more intelligent and better people"? I have "victimized you" and now seek to insult you?

Do you know that what you wrote is abusive and insulting? Do you care? The thing is metakron, you can't really insult me or victimize me. You have no power over me. You seem to however, imagine that I have some power over you. I don't. You're projecting your rage at me for a fictitious power I have over you, which is really just you - playing the role you think you must.. not realizing you could choose another part.

To you, I am no more in reality than a bodyless string of text on a message board. You give that power. IMO, you shouldn't unless it benefits you. Perhaps your scars are simply too deep for you to ever heal. It's a shame.

Perhaps empowerment is forever hidden from you.

Perhaps I'm completely full of shit. Either way, best of luck to you.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

It takes more, Wes. I am already painfully aware of programs that force drug users to total abstinence or suffer massive consequences which include being kicked out of the program. One of the consequences, by the way, is that the program can claim a much better success rate for those who complete the program, even if it's less than ten percent of those who enter. Whoever is kicked out, the program didn't fail them, they failed the program. Do you see what is wrong with that logic?

If you take what I said about emotional retards personally, maybe the shoe fits. If you think I am projecting my rage at you personally, well, I've hardly spoken to you in this thread. I mean these things in a general sense. As you well know, when I feel like calling you dirty names I can be very direct.

I do not like it when people who show that they have at least some intelligence ally with and become apologists for evil. Evil is pretty impotent without help.

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Which means you miss the point entirely. I did not once mention a program. I mentioned the user, utilizing his choice.

I just don't care about that, and it's entirely irrelevant to anything I said.

I see you, avoiding what is actually said in favor of yet another non-sequiter.

No, I just presumed you must have meant me or invert.

What you said was quite angry and directed at me. Without your clarification, it would seem that anger in a post to me to be anger at me.

Seemed to me that you were. I must have misunderstood.

*sigh*

Which people? What are you talking about?

I don't understand how you could mistake what I said for "approval of programs that 'bully' their patients". I spoke of no program besides to say something about that programs usually suck. You don't respond to what is said. You seem to hear whatever you want to hear. It makes attempts to communicate with you seem rather pointless.

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

maybe this could use a reply.coz, my last post was lame. i don't really know what purpose this really has---that is, my posts. the last one specifically: i guess that maybe it's interestings all?

neway im typin 1 handed so that i can attempt to talk. communicate. the thread seems like i can jump in

this post (typing 2 handed again..), seems a little important. like, this is the main deal or issue. I have tried to define my problem to you all.. and.. I think that ..well hells bells I have tried many things It's like I know everything except how to live, at least it is getting to that extreme idea(l(s)....

what was I saying. If this is the main issue (it IS hard to argue aganist), then I should be very happy with that. At least discussion to the point of being ABLE to (I will quote Sartre here)

There is always some way of understanding an idiot, a child, a primitive man or a foreigner if one has sufficient information. In this sence we may say that there is a human universality, but it is not something given; it is being perpetually......

Now that part there is very important to me. There are always bits like that which are..........

If we could define what is wrong with me then my use at sciforums would disappear and I could be satisfied.... this is baloginia.

Actually this was a good post.
    Ask me a question and I will answer it. Anything.
    Yes I have experienced so many things with my amazing (as my councelor or psychologist once called it) "a gift"; I have experienced so many things. Yesterday was a day I was seeing my mothers plants. A year ago was when I was experiencing amazing personal encounters. a year and a half ago was when.... and so on.... a month ago is when I was considering Nietzsche and my being exactly similar to him in his way of penetrating glares--- yesterday was when I was attempting a very strong choice and powerful eye. a strength of straining when you have no energy?

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

last night i experienced on tv the world being fundamentally lesbian in an eposide of law and order criminal intent (I swear I hate to watch tv a lot of times because of such experiencing). i say that the world is fundamentally lesbian now, but. why did i think that? well it was because just i had a sence of utter a being a giving up (as an answer--that is); and it was just being what I am, a sence of reflecting after trying to examine my mind, observe my mind. a sence of emptieness that every person has and the way of talk is fundamentally lesbian, ONLY ON TV!

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Wes Morris, any time someone contradicts you it's a "non sequitur", so stop following me around.

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

That's clearly false. You have the mentality of a helpless child. Please if you insist you're correct, demonstrate the accuracy of your claim. You're a liar.

Why do you bother? Do you think lies such as the above help you in some way? What way?

Hmm.. I must say though, that in my experience it seems like most of the time YOU attempt to contradict me it's a non-sequiter. You simply don't address what was said, but rather some apparently deranged tanget that you must prefer for some reason.

I surmise it insulates you from the actual issues and allows you to view those who might challenge your thinking on such issues from a xenophobic, obviously superior (to your thinking) perspective. It allows you to lie and be "better than everyone else" as I believe you stated somewhere above.

I would have to start that in order to stop it. If you had not, for instance, addressed me directly or responded to one of my posts... we probably would not be talking now.

Oh, and uh... were I to want to follow you around, you commanding me not to do so wouldn't be much deterent.

Feel safe though, as I don't follow anyone 'around' these forums. I do enjoy some particular posters, but generally what catches me is the topic. Seemed like an interesting thing to try to define psychosis. I have a nack for comprehending mind, so I thought I'd give it a shot to see what the quack had to say.

YOU addressed ME, yet accuse me of following you around.

So I'd say that makes you a deluded liar, eh?

What alternative conclusion should I draw?

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

A song occurs (as is so often the case. For reasons I'll not go into at this time.)

This song fits in so many ways.
    Not only the acts within this thread.
    Brent's questing for words.
    Metakron's finger-pointing.
    (And others.)
    But, it also fits many aspects of my own 'real-world' experience of the present and the somewhat recent past.

I could write a thesis, but fuck it.
    It's all in the interpretation and I would 'victimize' you by robbing you of your own interpretation.

I know the pieces fit
    'Cause I watched them tumble down
    No fault, none to blame
    It doesn't mean I don't desire to
    Point the finger, blame the other
    Watch the temple topple over
    To bring the pieces back together
    Rediscover communication

----Schism - Tool----​

Or how about some Perfect Circle? (Maynard is God.)

Pay no mind what other voices say
    They don't care about you, like I do, (like I do)
    Safe from pain, and truth, and choice, and other poison devils,
    See, they don't give a fuck about you, like I do.

Just stay with me,
    safe and ignorant, go,
    back to sleep, go
    back to sleep

Lay your head down child
    I won't let the boogeymen come
    Count their bodies like sheep
    To the rhythm of the war drums
    Pay no mind to the rabble
    Pay no mind to the rabble
    Head down, go to sleep
    To the rhythm of the war drums

----Pet - A Perfect Circle----​

Wes,

Liar.
    Where ever you go. There you are.
    Platonica's already made this point... Perhaps it was another thread...

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I thought I was raising a finger, actually.

The theory that someone should be forced to stop using drugs cold turkey is one that is terribly near and dear to a lot of hearts. I can't help thinking of those hearts as being cold and lifeless. Did you ever dig into the nature of cruelty? What is more cruel than being offered a treatment for an illness that is worse than the illness, is likely to do you more harm than the illness, and once you are in that treatment, they screw you around? From bitter experience I have a really good idea how many so-called health professionals will screw people around. One big step toward my own recovery was realizing just how wrong they were to treat me that way.

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Metakron,

What it all comes down to, in the end, is that you're not going to quit doing drugs unless you choose to. You have to choose.
    The methods are not under discussion. That's another topic entirely and there are many methods and some would work better for this person, some better for that person.
    But, the common denominator is that they have to choose. They have to want to quit.
    If they don't want to, then they won't. It's that simple.

How many people are in treatment as a requirement for some court action? Mandatory treatment? Yeah. Right.
    They make the faces and pretend. Meanwhile they have a straight friend pee in a jar for them to pass the UA's. Some actually have the cajones to quit temporarily to pass the tests on their own. But as soon as they can, they're back to their old self.
    Why?
    Because they choose to do so.

Choice is inevitable.

Stop running from choice.
    I still laugh when I think how Brent said you remind him of Sartre... Existentialism is centered around choice and responsibility. You are polar opposites to Existentialism.

That's your choice though.
    Muaha!

19. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I am not all that sure that drugs are that harmful anyway, but I am quite certain that the behavior of the persons who want to force people to stop is harmful. It is bullying behavior even when Dr. Phil does it.

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

you like tool too huh.
    not that i'm much able, (i say), to listen to him anymore.

all i want to do is find out what's wrong with me and fix it.
    invert nexus, and qq and wes, i want to know what the fuck is wrong.

right now i'm starting to think i have a serious problem. something that can never be ignored. i think i have like schizophrenia or something. and I am wondering. I am wondering because I think that I am infact doing something wrong. I am the fault. That sucks but it's true. It is like I am extremely sensitive.

I wish I could define it.
    I was wondering if someone would help me define it.

NEXUS... he reminded me of sartre because of his hypocritical shit. Don't make fun of me i don't take it too easily.

All you lucky ass fucks. Piss me off.

Maybe I should start being an asshole: i'd get my point across then.

21. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Brent,

Ah.
    Ok.
    And. I wasn't making fun of you.
    Sorry if it seemed I was.

As to there being something seriously wrong with you. Who knows? We can't say. We are only able to say that you have difficulties expressing yourself. At least in this online, textual medium.

My gut feeling is that there is nothing seriously wrong with you. Other than communication difficulties. And a tendency to delve too deep into your inner workings.
    A bit of a hypochondriac. (Mental hypochondriac. Is this a neurotic?)

I think that relaxing would be your best bet.
    Let things flow, Joe.

My thoughts that maybe getting laid might be in order were only half in jest. You might be surprised how much good getting your dick inside some hot number can do for a man. Ignoble? Perhaps. But true just the same.

Anyway.
    Good luck to you, my man.

Metakron,

"Drugs" have their pros and cons, of course.
    But that is, again, not the issue.
    The issue is choice.
    This also says clearly that this isn't about anyone being 'forced' to do anything.
    It's pretty obvious that nobody can be 'forced' to quit drugs. Or to give up any addictive behavior.
    The person has to choose.

How about people that go into prison for years and have to quit smoking? They're forced to quit. Right?
    Well. What happens when they get out?
    Most will light up within minutes of release.

Turns out they weren't forced to do anything at all. Except chill on ice for a few years.

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Heh.
    I'm brought to mind of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (the movie... never quite got to the book... got it sitting on the hard drive somewhere... really should someday...).

There is the scene where they've picked up the hitchhiker and Hunter is wondering to himself how long it's going to be before this stranger detects the air of drugs and malevolence that surely emanate from their very being. And what would they do when if he did?

DUKE, sweating bullets, STARES AT THE HITCHHIKER in the rear view mirror.

DUKE (V/O): How long could we maintain, I wondered. How long before one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family.

The HITCHHIKER's eyes notice a thin line of blood trickling down GONZO's neck.

DUKE (V/O): Would he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car?

DUKE's mouth moves intermittently - sometimes in sync with the words, sometimes not.

DUKE (V/O): If so - well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere. Because it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency, and they'll run us down like dogs...

DUKE (out loud to himself): Jesus! Did I say that?

DUKE (V/O): Or just think it? Was I talking?
    Did they hear me?

Muahaha!!!
    That, right there, is some good shit.
    And is a clear example of what can happen when you get lost in self-examinations.

Another example would be how words seem to become nonsensical the more you repeat them over and over.
    The.
    The.
    The.
    The.
    the.
    the
    the the the the the the the
    What a dumb little word that is...
    is is is is is is is is is.....

Anyway. Duke (Thompson) was a master communicator. Therefore he was able to explain his inner workings to himself (when sober, anyway).
    Of course. He still put a bullet in his brain... so goes to show how much effective communication skills do for you...

Sometimes you just can't win....

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Brent,

By the way. I notice your new user title. "Crystal Eye."

Did you know that Trilobites had crystal eyes? Calcium Carbonate if I remember correctly. There is, I believe, no modern correlate to their eyes.
    Off-topic, of course. But, this is, after all, the Psychosis thread....