Nigger Crap

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Orleander, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Don't worry, there is no risk of that happening here.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heavyarms Registered Member

Hey listen I have black, arab, jewish, and portugese friends and i also have black blood in me. My ancesters were slaves! But that crap happend long ago. And if you happen to get upset by some jokes that your just an idiot! And if you think I'm black no my skin is white. You just need to remember that a joke is a joke it only becomes racism when you let it. Two black guys walk into a bar............. They shot up the place! Ha! Ha! Ha! My friend Kegan would lough and he's black and in the marine corps. Get over yourselfs!!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

My thoughts were along similar lines when I first saw the section.
    I suppose it's a pressure valve, like the cess pit section.

I find it hard to comment on because I don't know what the
    usual content is, and this is my last post on the thread for that reason.
    If much of it is like the posts that Orleander posted,
    I think that the site owner needs to take a closer look.
    In the UK, I think it would be illegal.

Thanks for bringing it up Orleander.
    If you have been receiving flak, well done.
    I think you are right in saying that it shouldn't be on this website at all,
    and I'm not sure why the site organisers tolerate it.
    Personally, I think it's days are numbered.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

I've thought about an example where a joke can have the same punchline but one can be humurous the other malicious I could only come up with one.
    Off a sketch where people at a dinner party talking about WW2 and Auschwitz.....
    " Yes my grandfather died there...."
    Mutterings of 'hmm yes attrocious....must be awful...condolences...'etc
    "yes he fell of the guard tower"
    shock humour, when you don't expect it. And no real biased in its opinion at no-ones expense except the audience as they squirm in their seats.

The offensive version....
    "Yes my grandfather died there, was there for 12 months"
    Mutterings....... etc
    "Yes he turned the gas off for the night, fell down the stairs and broke his neck".
    Even though the puchline is there it is overshadowed by the sublimanal and the obvious the build up "was there for 12 months" is in direct corralation with the career portrayed and the focusing on prolonged genocide totaly overshadowed any intent of humour (shock factor)

Can you not ban any offensive thread titles(incl' expletives, slur of gender/race etc) and have any potentialy offensive only allowed with a minium of 3 letters changed for symbols I.E. 'U suck my chods u f~#^ing moron' and (so no loop holes) the word cannot appear similar I.E. 'U suck my chods u fu#k*!g' would be blatant then the "N" word could be used as N*#ge! with no slim/to no chance of problems with search engines yet allow free speach in all topics without fear of distorted outward scrutiny by people accidently stumbling

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

My apologies, I admit I got slightly carried away. Although I did find some of the jokes funny (in a friendly way). As you know, I am very tolerant of other races and hope to continue to debate with the fellow intellectuals on the board.

Peace

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That was very gracious of you Norse. It takes a big man to apologise. Welcome back.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

How is there a difference? Because a different word is used? So if I say the elegant gown, it's different than saying the majestic gown? Does using pronouns change the thought that you're expressing? I can't understand how saying nigger instead of black person in a joke that was insulting nonetheless and was supposed to be makes any difference. Please explain

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

To do so would require considerable effort on the part of the Moderators and we're all unpaid volunteers. We don't even all agree on the subject. One of us started a thread with "fuck" in the title.
    Surely you understand that words express connotations as well as denotations. "Elegant" and "majestic" are in fact nearly identical in both dimensions; I, the Head Linguist around here, had to look them up in a dictionary to find even the slightest difference between them in a modern American context.

But that's hardly true in the case of "black person" and the N word. The N word simply had to be replaced because it was the word that slaveholders used for their "property" and the word itself evoked images of an era and a condition that triggered a reaction of grief in African-Americans and their champions. Words can do that just as music and other sounds, visual images, even smells and tastes can do. You can't possibly not know this.

America spent the entire 20th century fighting a cultural and political battle over the proper, dignified name for members of that ethnic group. "Colored people" was just stupid because all of our skins have pigment. "Negro" sounded too much like the N-word, especially out of the mouths of even the most sympathetic Southerners because of their accent, the very accent that turned the Spanish word negro into the N-word in the first place. Since the 1960s we've been waffling between "black" and "African-American."

Personally I don't like "black." It makes it sound like we're resigned to having separate communities of "black" and "white" Americans forever, without them ever intermarrying and turning into a population of various shades of brown like the other former slaveholding countries in the Western Hemisphere. "African-American" is more like "Italian-American," "German-American" and "Mexican-American." Those were all immigrant cultures that were assimilated into the Melting Pot and made America stronger. To me it's a more optimistic word. It has a more positive connotation for me, despite having an identical denotation.

But that's just me. Both of those words are neutral to the ears of most Americans of all backgrounds. They carry no negative connotations. The N-word does.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You would be filth-ridden, maggot-infested liar for dragging me into your sordid affairs.

And, that IS an ad-hom, for the record.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That was only wrt Muslims.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That was only with respect to Muslims, who are delusional liars, violent barbarians and such other subhuman species.

Doesn't apply to real human beings, who are allowed to be offended when insulted.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Again, to demonstrate your intellectual dishonesty, you ignore the many times I've stated that religion is one thing and humans are another. I understand that you are unable to distinguish between them, but that does not preclude their distinctive differences.

The fact that Islam demands humans be delusional liars and violent barbarians does not make them any more less a human, it merely means they've been indoctrinated and brainwashed.

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Why don't we cesspool this thread already?

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Political correctness.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are they allowed to be offended when insulted?

Or is being a filth-ridden, maggot-infested liar to be considered an acceptable state of discourse?

And are you addressing the religion there or the "human"?

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Closure and redirect

Mod Hat — Closure and redirect

As I advised Madanthonywayne, I have been leaving this discussion open as a concession to political correctness. The ignorant and hateful do have a right to speak and be heard.

Thus, phrases like "filth-ridden, maggot-infested liar" while not wholly acceptable, must necessarily be given some leeway when the person engaging in such attacks is incapable of better conduct. The greater question of such people's role in this community is reserved for another occasion.

This topic is finished, and redirected to a more appropriate resting place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.