A daughter of a Jewish mother and Muslim father

What is the identity of this woman?

• Total voters
So she falls under Halacha laws? If she marries a Muslim man, her children will be Jewish?

Yep. It carries through the mother's line. If her father had been a Jew, she would not be recognised as a Jew at all.

She can practice as a Muslim or any other religion. Her mother is a Jew and in Judaism, she would be recognised as a Jew, no matter what she practices as her religious beliefs. It would also matter more if her maternal grandmother was also Jewish. Then it kind of seals it more I think.

So she falls under Halacha laws? If she marries a Muslim man, her children will be Jewish?

Typically speaking, it's the mother's religion that is usually taught to the children since she gave birth. But it doesn't matter.

A person is a person, who the hell cares otherwise?

So how many generations would the women and their children be Jewish?

She can practice as a Muslim or any other religion. Her mother is a Jew and in Judaism, she would be recognised as a Jew, no matter what she practices as her religious beliefs. It would also matter more if her maternal grandmother was also Jewish. Then it kind of seals it more I think.
No, I believe that's incorrect. If you adopt another religion, you are no longer Jewish, no matter who your parents are.

She is whatever she choses to be. The decision is hers and not up to the consensus of strangers.

In islam , your a muslim if you have Eimaan and practicing Islam. It's not your genes that determine what you are, but your intellectual conviction.

I going with she what ever she want to be answer. Other people telling her what religion she is is wrong, in fact I disagree with all religious indoctrination of children!

In islam , your a muslim if you have Eimaan and practicing Islam. It's not your genes that determine what you are, but your intellectual conviction.

Yeah I know, I was just curious how the maternal lineage worked.

Rabbis would call her a jew.
Israel would call her a jew.
Muslims would call her a Muslim.

I would call her whatever she wanted to be called.

does she go :blbl:

seriously what is that about? when the women go bl blblblblbl blbl. anyone know whjat i am talking about?

Religious belief isn't genetically inheritable. This individual will be whatever their beliefs make them. It's utterly irrelevant what their mother or father believe in.

Religion is egotistical production.
She can imagine her self to be any thing she wants.
Most mind are in a similiar fairytale land and imagine themselves to be _______ . > (fill in the blank)

Is this woman a Jew? Or a Muslim?
"Jew", "Muslim", "Christian", "Buddhist", "Atheist", "Agnostic", etc are all subjective labels.
When Alice says that Bob is (insert label here), I think that the truest understanding of that statement is simply that "Alice labels Bob as ..."

In that framework, the answer to Sam's question becomes clear:
Different people will apply different labels to the woman. She is not objectively jewish, muslim, atheist, or whatever.

...who practises Islam. Is this woman a Jew? Or a Muslim?

hi S:
I think once she practices islam it automatically disqualifies her from Jewishness, it would be the same thing if she became a Christian or Hindu, because there would be some rule that trumps the Jewish mother rule making you Jewish, probably in the Talmud rulings on "what is a Jew"

Back