Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Does anyone know NASA's position on the man on Mars photo?

  1. #1

    Does anyone know NASA's position on the man on Mars photo?

    This was taken by one of the two Mars rovers...looks like a man. I would like to know if NASA has done any follow-up.

    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...,00.html?f=rss

  2. #2
    solanaceous common tater Spud Emperor's Avatar
    Posts
    3,901
    Yeah, looks like Jesus..but with nice breasts.

  3. #3
    Is there confirmation on that from NASA's website?

  4. #4
    Be kind to yourself always. cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Posts
    30,285
    Why is it blurry? I only remember a clear picture being transmitted by the rover. I'd like to see the original picture this was taken from. Anyone know where the original picture might be located?

  5. #5
    solanaceous common tater Spud Emperor's Avatar
    Posts
    3,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega View Post
    Is there confirmation on that from NASA's website?
    Yep,..Houston, it appears Jesus is a woman, no holy blasphemer batman!..He's a man, with,,,manboobs.

  6. #6
    Can't find it on NASA's JPL site!!

  7. #7
    solanaceous common tater Spud Emperor's Avatar
    Posts
    3,901
    Apologies for being facetious serious dudes, but I've worked it out, it's Jesus with a Mars bone in hand self flagellating for the mysterious appearance of boobs on his otherwise godlike body.

    Get a grip guys, it's a rock, do you have any idea how many people and face shaped rocks are to be found if you look?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud Emperor View Post
    Apologies for being facetious serious dudes, but I've worked it out, it's Jesus with a Mars bone in hand self flagellating for the mysterious appearance of boobs on his otherwise godlike body.

    Get a grip guys, it's a rock, do you have any idea how many people and face shaped rocks are to be found if you look?
    I don't care if it's Jesus or a f**king rock!!!, just wanna see the real mug shot!

  9. #9
    NASA's position: stop littering the internet with conspiracy theories and what looks like shapes and forms in surface background of our images.

  10. #10
    Valued Senior Member Janus58's Avatar
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    Why is it blurry? I only remember a clear picture being transmitted by the rover. I'd like to see the original picture this was taken from. Anyone know where the original picture might be located?
    It's blurry because this is only a very small section of the original photo and thus is getting close to the limits of resolution of the original image.

  11. #11
    Obviously, this is a product of the human brain's capacity for pattern recognition. It happened before with that Mars "face", which, when higher resolution photos became available, turned out to look nothing like a face.

  12. #12
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    10,260
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergoat View Post
    Obviously, this is a product of the human brain's capacity for pattern recognition. It happened before with that Mars "face", which, when higher resolution photos became available, turned out to look nothing like a face.
    Correct - and when viewed with the sun in slightly different position so that the shadows changed considerably.

    When I was kid, we used to have fun finding "faces" in the rough bark of trees.

  13. #13
    Be kind to yourself always. cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Posts
    30,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus58 View Post
    It's blurry because this is only a very small section of the original photo and thus is getting close to the limits of resolution of the original image.
    Where's the original image?

  14. #14
    Sol 1363 (Nov. 3, 2007): Spirit acquired pre-drive, panoramic camera images of targets known as "Posole," "Green Chile," and "Flan," then drove 24.83 metres to Site 5 on Home Plate. The rover acquired post-drive image mosaics with the navigation and panoramic cameras. The next morning, Spirit completed a survey of rock clasts with the panoramic camera and took a mosaic of images with the navigation camera.

    Sol 1364: Spirit acquired images of the distant dune field known as "El Dorado" with the panoramic camera, and after communicating with the Odyssey orbiter during its overhead pass, measured atmospheric argon with the alpha-particle X-ray spectrometer. In the morning, Spirit completed a full-colour, systematic ground survey using all 13 filters of the panoramic camera.
    Last edited by blobrana; 01-23-08 at 12:50 PM.

  15. #15
    IMAGE (121kb, 800 x 550)

    Read more

    Jubba the sniper (NASA LINK)
    IMAGE (nasa link)
    Last edited by blobrana; 01-23-08 at 12:44 PM.

  16. #16
    Be kind to yourself always. cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Posts
    30,285
    Quote Originally Posted by blobrana View Post
    IMAGE (nasa link)

    All I see is rock formations, no people there that I can see.

  17. #17
    Valued Senior Member
    Posts
    3,219
    that took me 3 minutes to find (it's somwhere in the bothem left). I'm amazed on how some must study those pictures rigoresly...
    It looks real nice, altough it doesn't mean anything

  18. #18
    Some other guy
    Posts
    2,257
    NASAWatch has cleared up the image.

  19. #19
    where are the bumpy bits?

  20. #20
    HOLY CRAP!!!! They found Bigfoot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. By Orleander in forum Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology
    Last Post: 01-14-08, 01:54 AM
    Replies: 106
  2. By eanassir in forum Pseudoscience Archive
    Last Post: 05-06-07, 02:59 AM
    Replies: 35
  3. By Buffalo Roam in forum World Events
    Last Post: 01-10-07, 04:03 PM
    Replies: 25
  4. By valich in forum Earth Science
    Last Post: 10-30-06, 11:55 PM
    Replies: 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •