Abortion

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by JOEBIALEK, Jan 31, 2008.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No it isn't. It prevents conception. Even the pro-lifers say that life begins at conception, not at ejaculation.

Having sex isn't immoral. Having a baby you can't care for is. Most forms of contraception are problematic. There isn't, for instance, a male pill.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Well does life begin at conception? Thats what this is really all about. Some say yes, others say no.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

When you say nothing "wrong" with abortion, what do you mean? Are you saying that it is "right"? How do you determine right from wrong? Do you think the decision to have an abortion comes about from people making "right" decisions?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

its not wrong since when compared to all the alternatives when you are already pregnant abortion is the one that makes you the least dickish

8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

It really depends on what you mean by the right decision. The choice also comes from a moral/societal/religious/personal standpoint. Whats a worse decision for a person who believes that life doesnt begin at fertilization, brining a child inot the world so that it can recieve less care than it requires and can live a life of poverty and struggle, or not bringing one into the world?

It all comes from the background of the women

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  9. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

Two hypothetical but realistic scenario's:

a) Through criminal misconduct Bill causes a miscarriage to Mary. Should he be charged with manslaughter, paid for parasitic removal, or nothing at all.

b) Mary decides to have an abortion to retaliate against her boyfriend. Is this a legal injustice? Though intent is hard to prove, imagine that it could be.

10. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

You are talking about avoiding personal responsibility at the cost of a human life. That pretty dickish.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

a. What are the damages? He should be forced to pay all hospital bills.
    b. No, she has to carry it, it's her decision.

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no because its not human life at the point when it get offed. plus it is better than bringing an unwanted child into the world and how the fuck is it avoiding personal responsibilty?

13. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

We as a country have enough resources to make Brittany Spears rich, yet we have to kill babies because no one can take care of them. haha

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I disagree with you. I would rather a young girl take this, if she was too careless to protect herself. Also what if a woman had been raped, and could prevent a pregnancy by this method.

I am not saying I think women should be careless, and use this as a method of birth control. They should be on the pill or using condoms if they don't want to get pregnant. But in some cases I can see this preventing alot of unplanned, unwanted babies.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

here is a amazing idea instead of running you mouth off on the internet why don't you go adopt one of these babies you don't want aborted

16. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Well, then maybe we as a country should re evaluate our priorities. :shrug:

17. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

What is the difference between the pill and the morning after pill to you? Is it the lesser of two evils? My assertion is that abortion is murder, so murder is acceptable if the morning after pill kills a conceived Human?

I will reassert my posistion that every reason for an abortion is circumstancial and that the conceived egg is a human being.

The problem that underlies this issue are the terms "unplanned and unwanted". Murder is not the solution to these choices.

18. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

Change takes time, but starts with laws.

19. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

Adoption would save lives but will not prevent the massacre.

20. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

Having irresponsible sex is immoral, no? The outcome is a baby-why is killing the baby a justifiable answer to a bad decision?

21. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Now this is getting really ridiculous. You're saying that unless one is a pacifist, you can't be against murder? You see no distinction between murder and war?

If you're a pacifist, fine, be a pacifist. But don't bring that into a discusion on abortion. The two issues are unrelated, and this thread is supposed to be about abortion.

22. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

I am not sure what you mean in answer 'b'.
    for answer 'a', Right now US laws state, I believe, that he could be charged with manslaughter. Who at that point makes the decision the fetus is now legally a baby, or it can be aborted if the female so chooses?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Because if you are unwilling to give a child everything they need, they will hate their own life. They will hate you. They will grow up to be criminals. They will be a burden on society. Why do we kill stray dogs and cats? It's not that we don't love dogs and cats.