Insight from Asian Genes......

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by TruthSeeker, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker,

If you were not planning to have a serious discussion, then there was no real point in posting your insights. So one may ask, why did you post you opinions on SciForums? Was it just to incite anger among other people?

If that is the case, then no, you are not racist. Just a prick who obviously doesn't care enough about his family, but would rather do stupid things instead.

[Renrue]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Good summary Renrue. Although, I still think there is an even chance that TS simply didn't think, then didn't want to admit he hadn't thought, so tried defending it. Now he has been called even on that, he pretends he wasn't really fussed. It looks like immaturity to me. Still, that is curable.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I dunno. I just do. I have almost 8,000 posts here. Why do I do it? Just for the heck of it! Why should I have any other reason!? There are a few people in this forums that post their "theories" and even copyright them! Who cares? Who is reading what we are posting? They are losers. They post stuff here when they should be writting books or making blogs and profiting from it. But it doesn't matter because their ideas are useless 99% of the time! Who would read these forums anyways? I'm not saying the forums is bad, but posting "theories" in a forums in the internet and making a big deal out of it is the works of a loser. If I was really serious about this I would be doing research, writting a book, getting some royalties and getting rich.

Why do you post here?

Would that be relevant or constructive in any way?

I would know nothing about logic if I haven't come to this forums. Wait, that's a fallacy. But these forums slowly gave me a lot of great skills that now I'm capable of using in my life. I use these forums in a very constructive way. Besides, who said I don't care enough about my family!? Did you read how busy I am taking care of family matters? Not mentioning all the time I spend studying and writting a business plan.

And so on...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You have 7 posts. I have 7,747. Do you know me? Have you read even 7 of my posts? How can you say a whole bunch of things about me as if you have known me for years?

You have no idea about who I am. So maybe you should just shut up!

Who are you anyways?

So... le'ts just ignore all the evidence, eh?

Do you seriously think your intellectual property is protected here? Yes, word by word is sort of plagiarism. But how can you even prove that you wrote it if you are not using your real name? My real name is not "TruthSeeker", you know? But I underatand and agree with you otherwise.

Oh yeah, I can. I've been kicked around many times my life. I learn fast with each situation and that makes me stronger, allowing to stand more and more criticism.

Yes, I have failed sometimes. And I'm proud of my failures. Without them I would never have grown. Too many people fail to grow because they are afraid of failing. They avoid failure and ending up failing their entire lives. That's not me. I'm an enterpreneur. I like thinking differently, trying new things, inventing things... even when I sound silly. That's how you learn and grow. If you don't try and fail, you never win.

Have you ever heard of someone who learnt to ride a bike without falling?

What about my child? Wanna try being in my place? I have a stupid government right here and they are telling me that my child have less rights then others because I'm not from Canada. I have lost thousands of dollars that I could have spent with my child thanks to this government. My wife is sick with gestational diabetes and the government is threatening to cut us from the benefits I paid for (which are paying for my wife's health) because I didn't do income tax. Not only that, they also threaten me to not give us child tax! And why didn't i do income tax? Because I'm not elegible for it! Not only that, according to the government I both have and don't have a SIN number, which would allow me to do income tax. So I miss school to try to get to the bottom of this mess. i go to one place and they tell me to go to another. I go to another and they tell em to go back to the first place. At this point, I get enough of this shit, so i tell them to fucking get it going. Finally, they give me an application to get some obscure number (it's a new thing) so that I can file my taxes and protect my family.

That with immigration and a whole lot of other shit that we have to endure, like paying a lot of rent and getting a really bad service... it's a lot of work, you know? And seeing my grades dropping to a B- at school because I can't keep up with everything is also very frustrating.

So don't fucking tell me I should take a look at myself. How old are you? How would you like being a 21 year old immigrant, with a wife and a child, struggling for immigration, having a stupid government practically threathening to kicj you out of the country because you are not a Canadian and realizing that you might never see your child just because you are from a differnet background. Wanna try to withstand that? Wanna try to read dozens of books on investment and enterpreneurship and writting a business plan because the government won;t allow you to not even buy freaking shares so that you can have the least amount of income coming in, just so that you can give your child the life he deserves? I dare you to do half of what I have already done in my life!

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Woooo! My wife just tried the new lingerie I gave her today.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It's going to be a great night!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I wish to place it on record that I was pushed.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Nice furnishings? You really don't know who I am. I'm poor, I can't afford tasteful nice furnishings. I mean... it's ok, but not great...

And she doesn't eat cookies. So you're dumb!

Hello sock puppet. Who are you?

Ok. Let's post it again:

"Inbreeding is a problem in any culture, not just with asians.
    Ok. Let me just redefine this thing. Because nobody here seems to understand anyways.

From dictionary.com:
    in·breed ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nbrd)
    tr.v. in·bred, (-brd) in·breed·ing, in·breeds
    1. To breed by the continued mating of closely related individuals, especially to preserve desirable traits in a stock.
    2. To breed or develop within; engender.
    1.The breeding of related individuals within an isolated or a closed group of organisms or people.

So, inbreeding is a problem because it causes genetic complications. It doesn't matter if it is with asians or non-asians. The "race" is irrelevant. Inbreeding is not genetically beneficial.

So here is the fucking evidence of what I've been talking about for pages.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inbreeding
    "Inbreeding is breeding between close relatives.

If practiced repeatedly, it typically leads to a reduction in genetic diversity. Inbreeding often leads to reduced health and fitness (called consanguinity depression, inbreeding depression); however, livestock breeders often practice inbreeding, then cull unfit offspring, especially when they are trying to establish a new and desirable trait in their stock.

An inbred individual is likely to possess several physical and health defects, in addition to higher incidence of inheriting a poor trait. They include:
    • reduced fertility both in litter size and in sperm viability
    • increased congenital disorders
    • fluctuating facial asymmetry
    • lower birth rate
    • higher infant mortality
    • slower growth rate
    • smaller adult size
    • loss of immune system function.
    "

Th reason why I said chinese could possibly be more inbred is because they lived in isolation within individual farms for centuries, until not long ago (like 50 years or so). That was my whole point. As it is said in the article, inbreeding reduces genetic diversity, which is on eof the reasons why I encourage interbreeding, multicultural acceptance, etc. That's the whole point of the thread. "

That's a great logical argument.

Very little. It is easy to steal intellectual property. Some people even protect their trade "dress"!

Yes. I can still pick it up and do the rest of the work. Then what?

Yes, that's true. Just as I said before anyways.

It's not always indefensible.

And who are you to say that? Not only that, but who cares about the result anyways? You learn with the process, not the results.

Oh well, whatever.

Well, of course. I wouldn't have changed so much if it wasn't for my inner integrity. Have you seen my latest thread? "The True Purpose of Capitalism"? I used to hate capitalism. I would talk about that here. Now I love it, because I'm getting different perspectives. I still can see the imperfections, but those imperfections are often a reflexion of human imperfection. Well, not always, but it's ok. Capitalism can still be improved...

Which changes? I usually don't change anything. I often elaborate my thoughts.

Well, of course. That's not what most parents do though. In fact, I don't think most people know how to do that.

Yeah.

That's true.

I don't think you understand the position of someone who is immigrating to one of the best countries in the planet...

I mean... I'm living in the best place to live in the entire planet. Don't you think I would have fought for that?

No, I can't work on a construction job. I'm only allowed to study. Still, even if I could, I wouldn't leave school and just work. Unless I had a business idea or enough money to invest. But that's not the case. So I rather study accounting and prepare myself for investing and building businesses when I'm allowed to. I absolutely hate depending on the government. It's way too volatile. I prefer to do my own business and take control of my life. But I'm not allowed to do that yet.

Well, of course!

It wasn't a defense. I wasn't serious. I don't care what comes out from this discussion. I just love discussing here. It gives me adrenaline.

You know what? I will tell you something I never said in thsi forums. I'm terrible at public speaking. I use these forums to slowly improve my public speaking skills and to work on my ideas, having them criticized. It's easier for me to do this here first then just jump into speaking right away.

Well, of course there was some degree of seriousness, but I still don't care. I might have thought about it and everything, and I might be accurate, but it doesn't matter. This is not about winning an argument, it's about the thrill of the discussion.

They are talking with me. I just answered spuriousmonkey, not long ago.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

And I also went from a Christian to an Agnostic through these forums. So do you really think I don't have inner integrity?

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And I also went from a Christian to an Agnostic through these forums.

Where shall I send the bill for my services?

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You performed no services, sir.

Besides, you attempted to convert me to your religion: atheism. I didn't buy that!

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Since we only accomplished partial success we will fully refund you.

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Thank you, sir. My account number and my password are... YOU WISH

:m:

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Besides, you attempted to convert me to your religion: atheism. I didn't buy that!

You win some, you lose some.

17. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Well, guess what, the same applies to most countries over the world to different extents.
    There are somewhat isolated (mostly rural) areas in virtually every country even today, so that does not make China something special in this regard.
    Furthermore, in China the urbanisation started far earlier than in almost any other western societies (with exception from Greeks and Romans and possibly some other that I forgot).
    As such, overall isolation in China is likely not to be higher than in other societies. There are likely to be peaks in inbreeding in some isolated areas, but this is found virtually everywhere Clickme .
    And finally, as far as I know there is apparently some rule in most villages (at least in northern China, I think) which explicitly forbids marriages within a village and/or kins. Marriages are usually arranged and the girl is sent to some other village somewhere else.

18. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

In this regard it would be interesting to know where TruthSeeker was born.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brasil....

Some 16 million people live there....

I'm basically the mix of native, portuguese, black and italian.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Your origin doesn't really matter if your cousins keep marrying each other.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What is the probability for this to happen in a very densely populated city?

22. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Well, if the population is truly dense that would tend to suggest it has happened quite a lot.

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What is your reasoning behind that?

If you have a highly populated area, you have plenty of choices. If there are more then 200 people living within 1 kilometer away from you, why would you breed within your family? Wouldn't the probability of inbreeding drop when you have more people to choose from. Thus the reasoning behind the inverse relationship between inbreeding and density....

Basic statistical analysis....