Christians please explain the eating of pork

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by 786, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

You think beef is unhealthy?
    These are the real killers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Back off. You don't know what you're dealing with

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

All Christians pick and choose which parts of the Bible they believe (fortunately!) That's the rule rather than the exception, which when you look at books like Leviticus, is a very good thing.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

This is necessary.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Good you are still managing your thread . I have big questions ? You are Muslim right ? What do you know about Muslim Paganism . Wrong terminology . I don't know how to say it with out sounding offensive . Islamic Mysticism . I want to know more about the 12th Imam coming out of a well and why they say his face is on the moon ? Do you know about any of this from you heritage ?

Captain you don't know how that is so true about those lambs . The one lamb , he done did the deed of all time . Billy goats gruff deed of a red headed step child

8. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

The stuff about the Imam is what Shia's believe primarily and we don't know if their sources are authentic or simply tradition. Anyways I'm not really interested in that topic or have much knowledge of it because frankly 'prophecies' don't matter in my life. I have better things to worry about then someone coming at the end of times, when I probably won't be around.

And stop trolling- this is not related to the topic whatsoever. I won't continue this here anyways.

Peace be unto you

9. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

o.k. i will try . I heard Akmadinajad say the 12 Imam was forced out of hiding and is here already . Course it was interpreted from his language to English and could have very well been propaganda . O.K. Sorry We seem to be done with the pork anyway

10. Frishman Registered Member

Has anyone bothered to mention that Christians can take "do not call anything impure which God has made clean," which I'm almost (call it 80% or so) positive is in the book of the Acts of the Apostles, as literal confirmation that we can, in fact, eat anything? Especially considering the notion that it was said in reference to a vision which commanded Peter to eat of many different animals?

I'm sorry if someone has; I didn't actually bother to read through the whole thread. Too much sniping.

11. billvon Valued Senior Member

CHRISTIANS! Please explain Anders Breivik.

12. greenboy Registered Senior Member

Christian do not sacrifice anything. Because Christ is the ultimate sacrifice, he die for our sins so he was the ultimate sacrifice. Christian don't have to sacrifice any animals for their sins, like in the old testament.

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Correct. And you are also clearly told in the New Testament (by Peter), "call nothing unclean that God has made."

So again, why do you continue to selectively pick out a law from the Old Testament to obey when all of it has been replaced by the New Testament???

14. greenboy Registered Senior Member

Peter Vision

For hundreds of years Christians interpreted Peter's vision as God's permission to kill and eat any animal, but this is wrong this vision was given to Peter to let him know that he and other Jewish-Christians were permitted to go to the Gentiles and to let them know about God. In Roman's God sent Christ to the Gentiles and the no Jewish people, no only to the Jewish people.

15. greenboy Registered Senior Member

skin transplants, pig are similar to us in many respects, pig's skin is used for skin transplants on human beings often, , to make this skin less reactive they only have to change a gene and that gene is called galactose-alpha-1,3,galactotransferase on the pigs. Now for an animal so different (physically) to us. To change just a gene and his skin is going to make our Inmune system not to react against, that tells me the animal biochemically is similar to us. Now they are also genetically engineered for them to develop human's organs, and this is scary to do transplant onHumans, this is very scary, and another proof of their biochemical similarity with us, hopefully these pigs are not going to get mix with regular pigs and making cannibals out of us. Enjoy... Don't eat pork you are better off eating chicken.... I bet you The Good Lord knew that from the beginning and advised us to stay away from the animal.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  16. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

i think pigs sweat too . one of the only other animals besides humans . I think they do anyway

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Just the opposite. Pigs have no sweat glands - that's why the have to wallow in mud or stay under cover from the sun. ( I raised a number of them on my "hobby farm" tax dodge years ago.)

18. markl323 Registered Senior Member

because God doens't care about little things like these. as long as you pray, go to church every sunday, you are saved.

19. greenboy Registered Senior Member

I am sorry but the only thing you have to do to be save is to believe In Jesus Christ and he is the son of God and He is God that's all.

20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Do you have any understanding of these words?

21. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Sorry, no, dont mislead people into the pit.

22. markl323 Registered Senior Member

then i must ask. why do so many Christians go to church? i guess the church makes them feel "guilty" for not coming in some way? it's not like there are free drinks and pork ribs bbq. i went to church once. it was so boring

23. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Bacon....