What does God want?

We're all equal, Dave. God loves you too. And, no, you're not required to agree with me.
I assert that it is impossible for a theist to have a rational discussion about god without, at some point, assuming the premise in the conclusion, and then attempting to gaslight those who call them out on it.

Heh. And of course, the theists get to decide what constitutes "proper"for them.

Actually its determined by philosophy not a particular take on it (eg a/theism).

If someone wants to have a philosophical discussion yet is philosophically adverse for whatever reasons, then it takes the same path as a discussion of physics where one or more players just simply can't manage the groundwork.

Actually its determined by philosophy not a particular take on it (eg a/theism).

If someone wants to have a philosophical discussion yet is philosophically adverse for whatever reasons, then it takes the same path as a discussion of physics where one or more players just simply can't manage the groundwork.
That might be true - if it applied here. But your side does have have the high ground.
You beg the question - assuming god exists without being able to defend it.
The onus remains on your side to make your case.

That might be true - if it applied here. But your side does have have the high ground.
You beg the question - assuming god exists without being able to defend it.
The onus remains on your side to make your case.

If you want to be involved in a discussion about what God does or wants, its kind of a given at the start, even if only for the sake of argument, that all interested parties will begin at the point of assuming God exists.

If one cannot or will not begin at that point, its difficult to fathom what purposes they would hope to derive from such a thread.

Okay, I will spell it out for you, X. It's about L.O.V.E. Without it we become machines. Ask me again what God wants.
I think the op asks the question and if you wish to contribute with an answer go ahead...if you want to play the mysterious game that is up to you.
Or lets play this game...what am I thinking now..dont know well let me ask...what might I be thinking...
Well thats a silly game dont you think.
Alex

I think the op asks the question and if you wish to contribute with an answer go ahead...if you want to play the mysterious game that is up to you.
Or lets play this game...what am I thinking now..dont know well let me ask...what might I be thinking...
Well thats a silly game dont you think.
Alex
I'm starting to think you're toying with me, X :biggrin:

If I was toying with you others would know but you would not.

But no I am not toying with you.

A question...what do you mean by "toying with me"☺

Alex
You appear to be intentionally missing the point, but I might be wrong on that take. Never mind. Have a good weekend and stay happy.

Best Wishes,
Bowser

If you want to be involved in a discussion about what God does or wants, its kind of a given at the start, even if only for the sake of argument, that all interested parties will begin at the point of assuming God exists.
Nicely done.

After posting #23, I came to this same conclusion. For the purpose of this discussion, God is assumed to exist. That premise is implicit on the subject.

I was all prepared to return here and hand you that response. But ya got here ahead of me. Points go to you.

Also, apologies to [B]Bowser[/B], for my inadvertently not arguing in good faith.

Last edited:
You appear to be intentionally missing the point, but I might be wrong on that take. Never mind. Have a good weekend and stay happy.

Best Wishes,
Bowser
I am just a mug so dont think I am intentionaly missing something as you can bet that I just dont get it...I am a very simple person.
You enjoy things also.
Alex

My straightforward question this time around is: based on your own understanding, what does God want? I'd also like to know: how do you know what God wants?

I look forward to your responses.

Perty simple realy:::

God wants everthang to be exactly as it is because all thangs are Gods creation.!!!

Thanks for the replies so far. Only Musika has answered the second half of my question, though, which was about how you know what God wants.

Probably like most decent folk I expect what he (James who like everything and everyone is God) would like when he asks a question is the curtesy of an honest reply which is not a series of evasive questions.

What has become of honesty such that it is the enemy of crazy believers.

Evasiveness is the manner of Satan and his prime tool to spread his deception, so I bet God wants folk to be direct and honest...hang on I just picked that idea out of thin air...the madness is contageous...I must take a bath in that special water priests drown babies in.

So what does God want.

No Gay sex.
No condoms.

Let me add to the list.

He wants you to kill your neighbour if you find him working on a Sunday.

And personally I can understand that one.

I like to lay in bed until late on Sundays (well most days given I enjoy astronomy which is mostly a night time hobby) and these folk who start mowing their lawn early really deserve to die.

And if you did kill your neighbour when you find him working and offerred the authority of the bible you would get off the murder charge....not guilty by reason of insanity.

However these days God does not want anything as he has not called in for a long long time to ask.

Of course the evangelists say God wants your money but they are just lieing blood sucking scum bags who take advantage of the dumb and the stupid who fill their venues hoping to max out their credit cards to fund that particular blood sucker into yet another personal jet.

God wants stupid people it could be argued as they certainly are attracted to God.

God wants insane people it seems.

What a pity these faith healers can not cure madness and delussion.

God wants murders for Sunday clean ups and seems rather tolerant of child molesters.
How can any believer stay on board a ship where the crew molests the children of the passengers.

Answer ...unthinking boundless stupidity.

Hang on this God cant want anything...he does not exist except in the imagination of crazy folk.

Alex
///
He wants you to kill your neighbour if you find him working on a Saturday. In the jewish bible & the christian bible, the Sabbath is Saturday.

<>

Thanks for the replies so far. Only Musika has answered the second half of my question, though, which was about how you know what God wants.
///
He said from scripture, from practitioners & from setting priorities, which the 1st 2 are definitely unreliable & the last is not necessarily reliable.

<>

If we begin by assuming that God is a metaphysical condition sans intentional motive, then one can visualize a demiurge which strives for "movement in the direction of greatest satisfaction."

He said from scripture,

Seriously?

from practitioners

Really seriously??

from setting priorities,

Actually this one I can go with
Tomorrow I will set my priority to obtain 1 million dollars
Accordingly god will want me to have 1 million dollars

Anyone expect god will come through?

:)

Back