Suffering Extreme Anxiety Because of LHC in CERN - Please Help

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Michael83, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Oddly I kinda agree with this. If the LHC, destroys the planet there will be no consiquences to live with......so whatever. If its discoveries lead to more efficient energy sources etc......I think the risk is worth it.

either keep using our rediculously inefficient resources and live with the consiquences, and "die" a slow death.......or take a chance of finding an efficient energy source and dying a quick death with no consiquences.....Id take the later....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

``It's better to burn out than to fade away.''

Neil Young.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zephir Banned Banned

Maybe you just have the well developed instinct and you can see the near future. It's a sort of well proven airplane catastrophe vision. The LHC facility poses REAL threat for civilization and it should be nuked, I mean it seriously.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If so, nobody is prohibiting the scientists to build their accelerator in free cosmic space at the safe distance from Earth and to evaporate together during failed experiments. :shrug: We all will celebrate & honor them after that.

Not saying we save the money for deep vacuum, hellium cooling, vibration isolation and many other things.

But to be brave doesn't mean to be stupid. Many people are frustrated their lives in quiet, so they have a decreased self-preservation instincts. Such people are often promoting wars and they're enjoying other catastrophes. But why to respect such asocial people?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zephir Banned Banned

This is the another story. For example, the mainstream science covers not just the risks of LHC experiments, but the significance of Aether and Heim's theory as well. The theory of ingenious Burkhard Heim is able to predict the foam structure of most of elementary particles, and to calculate the mass, charge and many other properties with high precision. Whereas we can say safely, even if we detect the Higgs boson on the LHC, we wouldn't be able to compute the particle properties better then before, as the abstract & void contemporary theories of "mainstream physics" (i.e LQG, string theory, not saying so called the "Standard Model") simply doesn't enable this even theoretically!

The Heim's theory was proven already by it's amaizing precision of calculations (they even weren't passed by peer review until now!) and the ability to predict many other subtle phenomena, like the gravitomagnetic interaction, which was confirmed recently (under ostentatious ignorance of mainstream physics, of course). None the mainstream theory is able to do the same, so that the mainstream ignorants are trying to improve their impotent theories to keep their salaries, so they're promoting another and another dangerous and expensive experiments. This is why the US goverment has stopped its SSC project in 1993 already, because it realized the cost & the threat of such experiments and their theoretical insignificance before years.

This is the true story of contemporary "science".

8. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I think that all civilizations that reach this point destroy themselves by creating black holes or negative strangelets in advanced pyhsics experiments. That's why there are no detectable advanced civilizations in the universe. We are at this point and are close to being finished.

Hope this helps, and goodbye.

9. zephir Banned Banned

The question is, what we can do against it? Suddenly the publicity has realized, we have no public control over these experiments. A small group of voluntaristic scientists can destroy the Earth without public feedback a much more easily, the Hitler & Stalin ever did an we will even pay them from our taxes.

Everything what you'll need to do for this is just to concentrate the money. This will attract the people and companies, which can do everything just for money. This understanding is fascinating me.

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Nothing. It'll all be over soon enough. Probably relatively quickly and painlessly too.

Ah well.

11. zephir Banned Banned

This can be just an illusion, too. Here are realistic scenarios, under which the black hole can live inside of Earth interior for years and swallow it gradually.

12. Michael83 Registered Member

I don't know if some of you are joking or being serious, but I do not appreciate you saying things that will scare me. Obviously you have never suffered from such an ailment and I do not think you would appreciate people saying things like that if you did.

Many of you must lack basic social skills.

13. Michael83 Registered Member

I do not know whether or not to take your posts seriously given this statement.

No one can see the future. "Instinct" as it is called, are merely logically calculations of the sub conscious where our conscious can see the final end prediction, but the actual calculations taken to arrive at that prediction are hidden in our sub conscious.

As I am not an expert at all in any science, clearly even my "logical instinct" is not a valid measure of prediction.

14. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

What if they make some experiment that annihilates the entire universe?

15. zephir Banned Banned

This is virtually impossible, because the vacuum is conditionally stable. Without it every black hole would initiate the phase transition of Universe already. But the same cannot be said about the matter. Because the matter is principially unstable in contact with vacuum, we aren't supposed to be here at all... For creation of matter and antimatter from radiation you'll need the photons of energy at least 0.5 MeV each. On the other hand, the same huge energy will be released during anihillation. Therefore the dynamic equillibrium between matter and energy is shifted towards the energy inside of our Universe generation. We can see, the matter is transforming and evaporating into energy (i.e. "glowing") whenever possible and the speed of such transmutation is the higher, the higher is gravitational field / the density of matter. This is why, the huge black holes are converting the matter into energy of accretion radiation nearly completelly. Therefore by placing of sufficiently huge and dense particle of matter into every massive object it's possible to achieve the release of energy hidden inside of matter and conversion of it into energy of gamma radiation.

Here many other examples, how to illustarate such concept by Aether theory. You can think, the matter is formed by condensed mercury dropplets, which are separated mutually by the forces of surface tension. At the moment, the surface tension at the center of pile of mercury dropplets will be released for example by adding of surfactants or other dense liquid metal (the molten gallium, for example), the whole pile of mercury dropplets will collapse and condense like the nest full of eggs. You can test such behavior by adding of small amount of spirit into soap foam - the local decreasing of surface tension will result into immediate collapse of foam inside its whole volume. This process can serve as illustrative model of placing dense strangelet inside of Earth's core, because the existence of matter inside of our Universe is virtual by the same way, it's a sort of metastable foam only, which had appeared in subtle amounts as a byproduct during huge space-time transforms (so called "Big Bang").

This is why, these experiments are so dangerous, when carried out near Earth or even bellow the Earth surface. The common argument is, the Earth is bombarded by particles of comparable energies in the form of cosmic radiation without long term effects. But the particles of cosmic radiation are heavy just because of their high relativistic speed, they're formed by quite common protons, in fact. By Aether theory, theirs energy is caused by the large volume of vacuum dragged by the motion of particle, not by rest mass of particle as such and it's not concentrated into particle center. Furthemore, just because of this high speed, these particles cannot spent a lotta time during passing through Earth. While the situation at the case of LHC collision experiments is quite different. During this the extremely heavy particles will appear in head-to-head collision with potentially zero momentum and resulting speed, of course. They'll have the opportunity to react with matter at the moment, they will not decompose readilly, so they can leave the accelerator.

16. Michael83 Registered Member

zephir, If LHC is so dangerous, why do most renown scientists on this matter believe it is not a danger?

I have not read of any credible scientists who deal with colliders speaking out against this.

Furthermore, the same thing was said with RHIC, but clearly 8 years later, it has caused us no harm.

17. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Ahhh indeed...

18. zephir Banned Banned

If the most renown scientists are believing, cold fusion is impossible at room temperature, why some others are studying it? They want to become famous because of finding sperquark or Higgs boson?

After all, the same scientists have told us before some time, the Aether doesn't exists, or the Sun is revolving around Sun, etc.

19. newtonFan Registered Member

Michael83, allow me to chime in mostly about your anxiety since 1) I have experience with it and 2) can't speak to the physics theory. This is what I did: I know that it's all in my head, but sometimes, at the peak of an attack, you can't really shake it off with just logic. You MUST exercise. Your mind and body have a very close symbiosis and you must cater to it. Eat healthy. Get your blood sugar checked by a physician. Sometimes, anxiety is caused by weird blood sugar fluctuations. I won't insult your intelligence by telling you how to eat healthy or detox your body. Second, find some sort of spiritualism or God. Once you realize that it's "all good", then you'll relax a bit more. If you seek professional help, and you might need to, stay away from the meds. I took Lexapro for six months, and it made things worse. You might want to try acupuncture from a good acupuncturist. That's about it... it's not rocket science.

20. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Good question. But I thought this thread was about anxiety due to your belief that the LHC is dangerous?

Would it help if I bet you $100 that the LHC doesn't destroy the world?

21. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I'll give 100:1. Your bet of $100 returns $10,000 if the LHC destroys the world.

22. zephir Banned Banned

You can never pay me this bet, the world the less, if the LHC would destroy it...

23. Frud11 Banned Banned

Money is a concept: the idea of (a) value.
    Money never has "existed", so it's irrelevant if the world (and you) are here to collect or not...

(this make me a bit anxious--does it mean my bank balance is irrelevant? Can I get money from one of those machines, or what? If it's irrelevant, can I take as much as I like?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.