My path to atheism: Yours? Rebuttals?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Dinosaur, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

An atheist, as a person who does not believe in God, implies God Is, but the atheist does not believe.

If the atheist lack a belief in the assertion that God Is, or God exists (in the way any object exists, then it implies God does not exist as far as the the atheist is aware, and thus requires some kind of proof, to account for such assertions.
    Why is it "special pleading"?

Did I say "God is actually everything", or is this another of your misinformed summation. Anyways, can you please provide the quote(s) where I said this.

You're the one who believes it's possible to believe, or lack belief in something that does not exist.

Your reply, as usual is loaded with atheist assumptions. As if we have to look at it from such a perspective.

But you're right I'm not offering any alternative so that you can decide if you want to believe God is real. God does not exist as far as you're aware. That is but one position.

Maybe that's how you choose to interpret what I said. But as usual you are mistaken.

The alternative to become atheist and believe that God doesn't exist. But as you said, we cannot choose to believe, or lack belief. It's simple. The atheist, is as the term suggests, "without God", which is why they cannot believe.

Obviously not. God does not exist for atheists (despite assertions or not), and God Is, for theists.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not. I'm telling you that God does not exist, as far as you're aware. Despite lack of assertions. IOW, it is a fact.

Later on you say "I am not claiming to know things I don't know", yet here you are doing just that.

I don't need to insist. That is the case. Unless you want to claim, or assert that God does not exist.

It's all laid out, very simply. I think what's happening here, is you deliberately obfuscate
    , in bid to trip me up, to give you some way gaining ground. But it's really simple James. God doesn't exist as far as you're aware. And everything you remark about God, is done from the perspective that God does not exist. Not satisfied with that, you want to extend that world view to every body.

You see it how you see it (atheist perspective). Fortunately not everyone has it.
    I do understand your anxiety, but it comes as a condition of your atheist position. God does not exist as far as you're aware, and you see everything gfrom that perspective.

Jan.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

You are fighting out of your weight and you don't even notice you're on the floor.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Is this how you pull the wings off flies?

Jan.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

• Member has been warned because this post could be construed as a threat against another member, in breach of our site rules.
    Come visit, I'll show you.

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Where are you?

Jan.

9. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Now that would get me in trouble.

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Why would it?.

Jan.

11. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Not you, you're totally inconsequential.

12. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Thank you.
    At least you have the decency to insult me outright. I now know where I stand with you.

Jan.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Given that this has devolved into barely veiled threats, I think it's run its course...

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.