Flag for Earth

I erased South Park from the flag...
I think Matt and Trey would be more than happy to gift their creation to the world.
They'd be proud and honored.

(I provided a link to South Park in my original post. So don't go thinking I'm being a plagiarist here.)

chill out, I'm not their lawyer! :D
I didn't see your first post of it, but remembered that I saw it in one Southpark serie

It's really a sweet flag. And the sentiment behind it is truly one of unity and man's love for his fellow man.

bacteria3.jpg

Here's my entry. It represents the dominant, most abundant lifeform on planet Earth. I think it's only fair.

Yea, but it doesn't represent the Earth, just the dominant life form, but that is not all that Earth is.

Besides on your flag North America is made distinctly seen, aussies may not like it, as well as those in Europe and Asia, etc.,
hardly suitable for the whole planet, imo.

p.s. yes, I'm taking this thread seriously

Sorry. My entry is clearly meant to be humorous.

P.S. I grabbed the first image of earth I came across. No nationalistic bias intended.

Sorry. My entry is clearly meant to be humorous.
One can never know! :D
P.S. I grabbed the first image of earth I came across. No nationalistic bias intended.
And I didn't think you intended, it's just a factor to take in mind when designing a flag for all of the Earth, not just a part of it (geological, biological or otherwise).

p.s. All my respect to micro-organisms, they are fascinating.

cato said:
I like janus58's flag, but put clouds instead of land, so nobody will be upset over one nation being represented and others not.

The beauty of the particular polar projection I used is that it shows all the continents,(Excluding Antartica, which belongs to no one country.)

Here's an alternative version. We remove the moon and black back ground and replace them with a background of 7 green stripes reprensenting the 7 continents and 7 blue stripes for the 7 seas.

eflag2.gif

Here also is a solar system flag. Each planet is represented by is astromonical symbol, and spiral outward from the Sun in order of distance from the Sun. The symbol for the Sun is yellow to show that it is a yellow G class star and the Eath's is green to symbolize the fact that it is the origin of the human race.

ssflag.gif

`

Like the green/blue striped specimin with the globe at center, Janus.
Not to pick nits - but it looks like Ye got 2 Mercuries in the solar system, though...
Somewhat more seriously than my own previous efforts, how about using a mercator projection map of the Earth as the flag ?
mercator.jpg

All the continents are present, plus Antartica, so we can't be accused of "concealing" the bottom of the world.
LoL

LOL two mercuries!
LOL laughing my arse out!
oh boy, i should be going to sleep soon.
anyway, how do you do those flags janus? that's pretty cool.

Janus, I like your flag with the astronomical symbols on it, but jazz it up a little more. Let me see what you can do. More color. Moor Emotion. :m:

`
Oy !

You people keep doing the "rump-chuckle" and we'll end up having to use these flags as diapers !
;)

Actually the Mercury thing isn't that gross an error...
The only difference between the symbols for Mercury & Venus is the wee horns at the top of the circle.
plansym.gif

Killjoy said:
`

Like the green/blue striped specimin with the globe at center, Janus.
Not to pick nits - but it looks like Ye got 2 Mercuries in the solar system, though...

Yikes, yer right. It should be fixed now.

Back