Can an animal sin?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by John J. Bannan, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

and what is life?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Celpha Fiael within reason, I am superman Registered Senior Member

can we skip all this, just make your point please.

hey i edited that last sentence of mine you quoted, after reading the rules, I thought it too harsh. sorry if it was.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Provita Provita Registered Senior Member

Humans are animals, they belong to the Kingdom Animalia, and according to some people who createdt or follow or believe in the concept of sin, they are completely capable of it. Therefore, some Animals can sin, according to these people.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

lmao good one james good to see you have a sense of humour......but I think there is more similarity for her to compare it to an ape's ( Y )

8. sandy Banned Banned

Soul is mind, will, and emotion. Animals have all three. You may mean spirit. We are spirits. We live in a body. We have a soul.

9. GhostofMaxwell. Banned Banned

So now you are saying animals can sin and go to hell? Or cant you make up your mind?

10. Jeff 152 Registered Senior Member

Where is sam she would love this topic. I remember her argument that since animals dont have religion, they dont have a system or morality, which is why they commit sins, such as:

so sam says that animals do sin, but do they go to hell for it? we never got into that argument...

11. sandy Banned Banned

No. I didn't say that. I don't know where animals go when they die. I assume since they don't have the born-again spirit of Jesus Christ living in them, they just die? But I don't think they go to Heaven. Heaven is for God's children.

From Isaiah 11:6-9...Heaven is a realm for spirit beings only, not fleshly ones that have no "spirit in man" ( I Cor. 2:11) that will preserve their forms of consciousness. Men will live with them on earth, but not in the eternal state...

I could be wrong. I'm not sure about the whole animal thing. Especially pets.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Celpha Fiael within reason, I am superman Registered Senior Member

haha, where do people get the idea that God/religion is a prerequisite for morality? the moral atheist is a conundrum to these people.

13. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Well most people associate atheist with heathen. It just doesn't make sense to them.

14. GhostofMaxwell. Banned Banned

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. The whole keeping an animal in a cage away from its natural habitat could make all the difference when the man up stairs is picking and choosing who to accept into eternity.

15. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Well Sandy, as we're quoting the bible...

Revelation 5:13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing...

Seems to imply that there are animals in heaven.. except dogs that have to stay outside of heaven as also stated in revelations.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Nope, I meant soul. The heaven going thing.
    To me, a spirit is someone's will or spunkiness in them. You can break an animals spirit or crush a child's.

17. sandy Banned Banned

The Bible. His Word.

Spirits go to Heaven. Or hell.
    Soul is mind, will, emotion.

18. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

HAHAHAHA! I find that hilarious. Are you telling me that god and the bible are the foundations for all morality?

I don't believe in a god, but I'm a morally straight person... because I know what is wrong and what is not.

19. Celpha Fiael within reason, I am superman Registered Senior Member

Gah, you know I could imagine up all kinds of invisible and undetectable attributes of a person and attribute them to myself. And I wouldn't have to have proof, reasoning, or scientific evidence of any kind cause it's all supernatural by my decree! Whipee!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  20. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Bioelectricity.

21. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Bioelectricity.

22. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Well isn't that convenient, you let yourself off the hook.

23. Saquist Banned Banned

It's important to note that the Bible makes no note of sin in refrence to animals. This has to be cause that animals are incapable of expressing gods righteous fruitages of the spirit which are found at Galations 5:22-23

On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23*mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24*Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus impaled the flesh together with its passions and desires.

Take for example the "4 Living Creatures" surrounding God's throne.
    A lions face, a bulls face, eagle's face.
    However to the "right" which signifies great favor. They had a man's face. This establishes that man has qualities that animals do not have and we all know this to be true. Something sets aside from animals.