Abortion

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by JOEBIALEK, Jan 31, 2008.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i agree i call it the i am sorry you have penis therefore don't get an opinion on this stance

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Same here, I don't recall them ever using the term fetus when talking to me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I accept

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course the yrs of raising them. Sometimes I love them to death and sometimes they make me feel like ripping my hair out!
    I don't beleive in abortion .......unless under certain circumstances. Ultimately it is up to the woman, since it is her body.

Personally it would have to take a pretty extreme situation for me to ever consider having an abortion. In that I mean a condition that threatened my own life, or some extreme medical abnormalites or condition of the fetus (baby)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kadark Banned Banned

So instead of encouraging people to use their head before spreading their legs, you want to patch up their mistakes by terminating their developing babies? That can only work to a certain point. Teach people self-responsibility, and that it is deplorable to commit to creating life, and then stopping it cold in its tracks. Allowing the liquidation of developing babies because of the bearer's promiscuity, irresponsibility, and stupidity is a blatant indicator of a society's downfall.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i have said it once i will say it again the only arguements not in favor of choice are based on religion

9. Kadark Banned Banned

So the only arguments in favor of abortion are based on irreligion?

10. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

So you would punish children who had the misfortune to have parents who were nowhere near ready to have children? Sentence them to be raised by people who were poor financially, immature, and very likely to be abusive to children they did not want, and resented being forced to bear?

And in most cases, it would be a single mother forced to go it alone, since the father would likely leave her. A woman likely to be desperate enough to resort to drastic measures (coat hanger) to avoid having a child she did not want, and was in no position to raise.

And I've shown the result of the draconian measures necessary to prevent abortions if it were criminalized. Ceasescu's Romania isn't a model to be emulated.

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

no medical opinion

12. Kadark Banned Banned

I believe all life is worth living. I also believe that in order to reverse the "single-mother" situation that we see in abundance nowadays, we need to reform our lifestyles to discourage people from, essentially, screwing who they want, when they want to. Aborting the babies that are the backwash of an irresponsible lifestyle does nothing to acknowledge the other flaws of such a society. It merely encourages it, offering "insurance" for those who were stupid enough in the first place to have unprotected sex with a person they're not fully committed to (as in, not married).

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

i do not think it is realistic to expect people to completely supress there biologicial urges

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Absolutely disgusting, Kadark

No, I find it interesting that anti-abortionists scream and cry about babies when they don't give a damn what happens to them after they make it to the world.

Seems rather quite hypocritical, ridiculous, and generally stupid.

Additionally, I would ask how it is you come to ask such a warped question? The statistics came in response to a request for those numbers, and that request came in response to a prior point:

Were you not paying attention? Or did you simply decide to try to avoid that point? Because once again, what the anti-abortionist comes up with is specific misogyny ("use their head before spreading their legs") and bigoted assignations ("you want to patch up their mistakes by terminating their developing babies?"). Pay attention to what people are saying, instead of making it up for them. Hatred, Kadark, does nothing to help your cause.

15. Kadark Banned Banned

Nobody is telling you not to have sex. Rather, the point is to graciously accept the ramifications of unprotected sex with uncommitted individuals. If you can't agree to that, then you shouldn't be having that type of sex in the first place. The goal isn't to strip people of their rights to have sex - it's to inform them of the potential consequences, and how it's disreputable to terminate a developing life because of your irresponsibility and cowardice.

16. Kadark Banned Banned

Where did I indicate I felt this way? You've got the wrong impression of me.

17. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

How do propose to reform those who do not want to be "reformed"? You are talking about imposing religious values on people who do not necessarily want them. Sex is a natural biological urge. If pregnancy is not the desired result, then more thorough education in methods of birth control, and availability of the same, would be good methods for reducing the number of abortions. And ever more research towards more effective forms.

But at least you are honest enough to admit your underlying position. You do not like the idea of people freely engaging in sex without consequences. It is the ideology that saw religious authorities in the nineteenth century condemning effective medical treatment for syphilis as an attempt to thwart the will of god, since venereal diseases were viewed by these small minded, superstitious men as punishment for promiscuity.

18. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

So you want to encourage homosexuality?

19. Kadark Banned Banned

Those who won't want to reform will be told that abortion is out of their realm. This means that people who exhibit this careless lifestyle will have embedded in their minds that they agree to serve the consequences of any and all undesired results for such approaches to sex. Show some self-control, and refrain from giving into sexual temptation at its every invitation.

You're putting words in my mouth like you always do, Repo Man. When did I say anything like what I have quoted above? I don't care what religious authorities did in the nineteenth century. Stick to what I'm actually saying or shut the fuck up.

20. Bells Staff Member

You don't? You do not view the prospect of denying women the right to abortions is not a manner of control? You don't think telling a woman that she has no say in regards to her womb once she finds herself pregnant is not in any way controlling?

You do care about whether she is a slut or not. For example:

Do you think we keep a list and time of who we slept with just in case?

And what of the case where the woman 'spreads her legs', finds herself pregnant and then finds out it is an ectopic pregnancy? What then? Is it ok to terminate the developing baby then?

Just when would an abortion be palatable to you? Is it ok to "liquidate" a foetus if the mother's life is at risk?

And why in the hell does everyone assume it is only promiscuous women who get abortions? You don't think married women who have had a few children and then finds herself pregnant will not get abortion? If it is either have another child or lose the house and find yourself with your husband and kids out on the street, most will choose to have an abortion because they simply cannot afford to have another child.

You and many others have this warped perception that only single women get abortions. I think you would find the rate of abortions for married or partnered women to be fairly on par to that of single women. Is a woman irresponsible if she is raped for example? Is a young girl irresponsible if a male family member rapes her and gets her pregnant? Would abortion be acceptable then? I mean if you are going to use the hypocritical argument, why not go the whole hog?

Do you think a victim of incest should show some self control when her daddy forces her to have sex with him?

21. Kadark Banned Banned

Bells

I guess my reply is that I'm more of a "selective" anti-abortionist. If two people knowledgeably consent to sex, and the result is a healthy pregnancy, then it is imperative that they accept the result and make the most of it. In rare but unfortunate circumstances of rape or incest, the decision is at the sole discretion of the baby's bearer. If the woman's life is at risk, and it's a situation where one or the other is going to die, then it is for the mother to decide. My posts dealt with sex that had formal consent, and I believe you know that.

Aside from those uncommon scenarios, however, abortion is a no-go with me (as it should be with everybody else). I feel being at either end of the spectrum for this issue is closed-minded. Let's only result to using abortion when it's truly needed.

22. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Over and over and over again ... what are people supposed to think?

It's the point you missed. You asked a twisted, bigoted question based entirely on your own superstitious assignations:

"So instead of encouraging people to use their head before spreading their legs, you want to patch up their mistakes by terminating their developing babies?" (#1735460/184)​

And I answered that truck full o'manure:

"No, I find it interesting that anti-abortionists scream and cry about babies when they don't give a damn what happens to them after they make it to the world." (#1735490/191)​

In other words, Kadark, I was correcting your warped, hateful characterization by simply answering the question you asked.

To the other, your behavior is indicative. Given the specific misogyny and bigoted assignation of your response in #184, one would not be unreasonable to wonder what your priorities really are. Don't be surprised if people don't believe your protestations.

After all—

—that post focuses on castigating women and abortion while ignoring the children in need of homes.

Which is, after all, the underlying point you appear to have missed. By miles. And miles. And miles.

23. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Who will they be told by? Who will investigate the miscarriage? Doesn't really matter, this isn't happening in the U.S., Canada, or western Europe.

Condoms break. People make mistakes. Children don't have to be the result. People can show self control if they choose. If they choose to give in to sexual temptation, that is their choice.

It is quite obvious that you do not like sex without consequences. Every post you've made in this thread makes that clear. You think people who have casual sex should have to face the consequence of having a child if a pregnancy results.

If you've a problem with my posts, take it up with a moderator. Or deal with it. Put me on your ignore list if you like. I'm certainly not shutting up. You come here because you choose to, and so do I. I have no problem posting within the rules, and I've never even so much as received a PM from a moderator regarding any of my posts. I believe you have been banned more than once.