|http://home.comcast.net/%7Einfinitycrops/dino.jpg|| WARNING: THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN SMALL TRACES OF DINOSAURS.|
Christians, Muslims and other sceptics should proceed with caution.
A government is a structured group of people in charge of running and maintaining a nation.
Governments tend to act in the self interest of the people constituting this government. This effect is correlated to the power of the nation.
Types of Government
- Monarchy - Rule by an individual who has inherited the role and expects to bequeath it to their heir.
- Despotism - Rule by a single leader, all his or her subjects are considered his or her slaves.
- Dictatorship - Rule by an individual who has full power over the country.
- Oligarchy - Rule by a small group of people who share similar interests or family relations.
- Plutocracy - A government composed of the wealthy class.
- Democracy - See anarchy
- Represenitive Democracy - Rule by a goverment where the people elect a leader whom holds the power.
- Theocracy - Rule by a religious elite.
- Anarchy - A lack of government. Allowing people to live as they choose, without being subjected to laws which infringe upon personal freedoms.
Government Economic Hybrids
- Socialism - A system in which property and the distribution of wealth are subject to control by the community.
- Communism - A classless, stateless society based on common ownership of the means of production.
- Democratic-Socialism - A system in where the entire population controls the economy through some type of democratic system, however this often includes extreamism.
- Social-Democracy - A mainstream liberal party in a state with a market economy with a mostly middle class voting base.
- America is all of the above, exept the 3rd to last one
- New York Times: "God and Satan in the same house?"
- The Greatest President of all Time (George W. Bush) [Autobiography]