Who designed the designer?

I don't think you grasped what I said. I said how could God prove he exists "based on my definition ie human"
I did grasp it. But, as you point out, your idea that 'it can't be proven' is predicated on a belief that he's human.

It could still be proven that God exists, and that you are wrong in your belief.

That being said, if this guy-that-looks-human snapped his fingers and turned the world inside out, and day into night - "God" would still rise to the top of my list of possibilities.

How could he make himself into a 100ft human being?
100 mile tall...

The question... your answer: He can't prove he exists because he doesn't exist. A double negative.
That is a belief.
You don't know he does not exist. None of us do. Not even us atheists.

I did grasp it. But, as you point out, your idea that 'it can't be proven' is predicated on a belief that he's human.

It could still be proven that God exists, and that you are wrong in your belief.

That being said, if this guy-that-looks-human snapped his fingers and turned the world inside out, and day into night - "God" would still rise to the top of my list of possibilities.

Exactly, not it is. A possibility is pointless.

100 mile tall...

Thanks, that sorts that out.

Although I don't mind a thread going off topic it just occurred to me that we still have no idea of who the designer is or who designed the designer.
Of course there is no designer but I wonder what story supporters of the designer idea offer on this aspect.
Alex

Could it be that the design was a gradual or rapid (inflationary epoch) self-assembly and formation of dynamical geometric and energetic fields, yielding the emergent physical particles and the mathematical nature of the self-referential system?

Could it be that the design was a gradual or rapid (inflationary epoch) self-assembly and formation of dynamical geometric and energetic fields, yielding the emergent physical particles and the mathematical nature of the self-referential system?
The "design" of the Universe is the way it because it is the way it is

If if if the "design" of the Universe was any other way, it would be because it was the other way

No matter which way the Universe is / was "designed" it would be because it turned out that way

And no matter how the Universe turned out someone would question "Why is the Universe like this?"

Umbrella answer - because it is not any other way

:)

That turns a basic question into a complex one. No need for this thread title if you were talking about that?
Actually they are very a propos. Physical patterns are designs by definition.

The question is if the patterns (designs) are self-ordered or if someone ordered them. I maintain it is the mathematical nature of the universe that allows specific patterns (designs) to self-order without the need for a motivated supernatural mathematician..

Back