The Feminization of Man

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Satyr, Sep 5, 2007.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The previous thread on the same topic was closed, apparently.

Let's hope this one doesn't go off the rails in similar fashion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

I found an interesting video on this topic. If you think that 'feminization' of man is a good thing watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Z8j4QJ0oiY

It's a funny video but there are some good points. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about this.

And the video of which the video I linked is a response of is also recommended.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Reality check for any of you interested. If you reject the so-called 'feminization' of a society. Then go live in north korea and see how you like it. It's truly and totally 'survival of the fittest'(the outcome always being in the basest most destructive sense).

No takers??? Lol, yeah, I thought so.:huh:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

On that level we're not in a feminized society. We're in a society where the weak are (somewhat) protected from the fit.

Because you didn't want to see the video I linked to I'll summarize it for you.

Feminized values:

sensitivity>truth
    feelings>facts
    commitment>individuality

safety>fun <--- thats a major problem for me. I hate how my mom always tried to protect me from every single small threat in society, at the cost of having fun and enjoying my youth. Even now that I'm mature she still does it whenever she has the chance. And when I tell her to stop it she goes all "oh I just want whats good for you". Through my youth my body and mind were indoctrinated/conditioned to fear.

8. peta9 Registered Senior Member

^well, not all mothers go as extreme as yours and it wouldn't matter what society she lived in. That's just her.

So you can't go blaming her insecurities on some feminization of society. Also, it's not clear what kind of fun you are talking about. But I could see how it was a hamper on your fun.

I find it a bit odd you are blaming your mother for that, something that's not even really abusive. You can leave when you become of age. I suggest then since you are so 'spoiled', you try bungee jumping off the highest elevation possible, go parachuting and ride a motorcycle. That should cure you of the programmed limitations to your idea of fun. You act like this is not in your control at all and this is not even that bad when a lot worse things could have happened to you.

You're not seeing the flipside of the coin. Here you are whining about the 'feminization' yet you are not able to pull yourself up by the bootstrings.

How can you possibly consider that "manly" as you would define it if you can't even overcome something like that, eh?? Isn't that what being a man is all about? LOL. So basically you are saying to be a 'man' you need everything to go your way. LOL. It's better you just be honest and be yourself then claim something arbitrarily just because it's a fixed concept you are familiar with.

Sheesh, people.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  9. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Basically the whole feminist thing got way out of hand. Because of what I said and a lot more, a new movement even came into being: masculism. This isn't about the feminist movement, but rather the feminization of society.

If you're interested in this, just watch the video that I linked. It'll give you a nice impression. It's only the tip of the iceberg though. And watch the video that it is a response to. Then I'll get back to you.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

Unfortunate, as she missed a golden opportunity to spare the rest of us.

So...this movement arose from you being a wussified momma's boy and - a lot more? And it's because of the feminist movement, but it isn't about the feminist movement, so maybe they have no causal link whatsoever. Or maybe they do.

Aww. You just discovered Bill Maher. Isn't that precious?
    Go get an original idea and bring it back to show us.

11. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Why don't you do that. Obviously you took what I said way out of context because it doesn't fit in your stupid dumbed down version of reality. There is nothing constructive in your post at all, and you address neither my points, the statements of Maher or the video that it was a response to.

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

It's a rather sad day when Youtube videos are considered a source of discourse. Next up, let's discuss the "Lonelygirl15" videos within a Marxist framework. Oh! Or Baudrillaird for Myspace - seduction theory meets emo girls with the contrast turned way up for their profile pictures.

What precisely is my "dumbed-down version" of reality? It's got to be pretty stupid, if it's stupid and dumbed down.
    Or are these just more of your lame pop-culture buzzwords?

Your arguments are derivative and your "points" have about as much meaning as hearing Lindsay Lohan lecture about Michel Foucault. You also fail so hard because this 50's patriarchial model that you're wanting to return to never existed off a Hollywood soundstage. Do you really think that film is the perfect mirror of reality?

The majority of human beings live lives of quiet desperation because the impulses of the majority are exceedingly simple: survival, gluttony and reproduction. Greatness goes to the few, but see now it's so easy to meet the basic needs of the majority that derivative, boring people think that they, having been fed and bred like cattle, deserve more than they would even bother working towards. Of course this sells all manner of crap, so it's promulgated as some sort of rebellious creed, but the simple fact of the matter is that you have been had. A contented consumer isn't a happy consumer, so your notions of frustrated masculinity are indulged in order to keep you buying more crap.

But I'll play with you. If you can explain precisely what you mean by "feminization of society" we can keep going with this.

Let's hope it does. Satyr was fun for that.

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Good point. Where do you feel that you fit into this?
    I also feel that some people wind up in that state because they've busted their ass for a long time, only to get nowhere near what they deserved; at the same time, bitches like Paris and Lindsey get shit handed to them.
    Example, a good guy finds girl, dates girl. Marries girl. Becomes a good husband and father. Yet, down the road, the woman isn't happy, divorces him, takes half his shit and the kids.

This may not be the whole explanation of feminization of society, but it is a piece of it.
    http://www.mattweeks.com/strike.htm

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

A quote by Maurice Merlau-Ponty:

"The politics of philosophers is what no-one practices"

If life was fair, Hugh Laurie and I would be having sex right now. Really good sex, with handcuffs and biting.
    I can't really do anything about my lack of Hugh Laurie, but your hypothetical dude could have gotten a pre-nup, not married a whore, used a condom or had a vasectomy.
    So I have a lot less sympathy for him than I do for myself.

I don't get it, he basically solves his own problem: don't get married. It's like standing at the edge of the pool complaining that you don't want to go swimming.

"Wahh! Women want to have sex with me!"
    What a tool.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I see you like older men.
    I guess you'd rather have the 'House' inside you than the other way around?
    :roflmao:

You're preaching to the choir dude. I was just using that as an example of people busting their ass, and not get what they deserve.
    I agree. He should have gotten a pre-nup, but men become stupid whenever pussy is involved.

Well of course.
    He wasn't really asking for a solution, as the solution would more so be having the system be much less biased towards women in divorces. I think he was just iterating what is going on and that men today are wising up, as you so suggest above.

I for one, will be damn sure to get a pre-nup before I ever get married (IF I ever get married).

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

I like Hugh Laurie.
    I just got the third set of House on DVD and I'm watching through it. Only bad thing is that now I'm convinced that I'll end up with some weird disease caused by some totally prosaic thing like - your entire body is turning green because you're allergic to a chemical used in the fertilizer that they use to grow weed.

I believe that Mick Jagger had some words on the subject, and he was far less prolix than the article dude.

I think we need to make marriage an entirely civil matter anyway. We don't allow people to be kept as property, and we don't allow the government to interfere with religious matters, and since marriage is basically a religious contract of ownership, why should the government bother? The only practical reason to get married is insurence, and the companies would eventually be forced by market demand to come up with plans for domestic parners.

17. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

So I rushed off to search for the Lonelygirl15 discourses but couldn't find any. I did find this though. Still fancy the geek now?

On the other hand, if you liked it....

18. Gustav Banned Banned

i noticed it too
    my response was gonna be..."excellent insight"

then i got stoned

and got to thinking (i think)...how the fuck did "conventional wisdom" aka the obvious and apparent, morph into "excellent insight"?

now i am on crack
    and feel compelled to offer up... part/minutiae/whole/big picture/whatnot

as an explanation of sorts

19. Gustav Banned Banned

hey baby girl

/breathless

20. Xev Registered Senior Member

For you:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Satyr Banned Banned

Do any of you retards actually know what you are talkin' about?!

John99
    I guess you have a point there.
    What about from a stupid perspective, how complex does it seem then?
    Let's say you are really, really dumb, and you look at a knot....how complex will it seem?

Am I wrong?

spidergoat
    Oh honey, you've been pounding that excuse into the ground.
    Yes, let us all turn pussy and dim so that we can all survive for a few more thousand years as dimwitted hermaphrodites.

Ought to be?!!!
    I'm talking about how it IS!!!!

Grantywanty
    I agree, it was really invented by lobotomized cretins.

So far you are doing just fine, but I get the feeling you'll soon tumble into a swoon of idiotic pontification before you fall flat on your face, crying for someone to rescue you from drowning in your own pee.

Were you called "faggot" in school, sweetheart?
    Why am I not surprised?

Did you think there was a secret agreement or an unspoken rule to pick on pussies, like you?
    It's called instinct.

Am I supposed to fall into this simplistic American dichotomy of liberal/conservative?

That wasn't PC, you imbecile, that's just the law of the jungle, you bleeding heart, "selfless", pseudo-altruists wimps try to avoid by inventing some socially acceptable and unacceptable behaviors to save yourselves from the reality and cruelty of nature.

Why don't you also even the field of competition in the wild and arm sheep with rifles? It's just fair, right?

Did you even read the essay?
    All social rules imposed upon the individual are a form of control and a leveling.

Fascinating spin you gave your response there, imbecile.
    You take an environment that threatens you - let us call it nature and natural selection - impose your moral codes on it, derived through your weakness to cope and adapt, and then you turn the tables accusing the fittest that they are weak because they do not adhere to your imagined moralistic judgments.

The question is if PC is censorship which protects the weak and retarded from the realization that they are weak and retarded?

Bells
    If you manage to shut the fuck up, then you'll find that your stupidity won't become as painfully and shamefully obvious.

Why do you just pop-up everywhere like a pimple, contributing nothing more than a rash?

James R
    Yes, and then let's hope none of the other threads, so closely and strictly moderated to maintain a sense of civility and mundane productivity, do not stray too far from the inanities they frequently involve themselves with.

peta9
    Oh Gawd...another one of you!!
    In any other forum, dumb-ass, you would become my new favorite plaything; an imbecile to toss around when I'm bored, to elevate my self-esteem.

You mean N.Korea is a masculine society? Over there there's a 'survival of the fittest', as opposed to here where there;'s survival of the dumbest?
    Well, go figure.
    It would explain why a moron, like you, is still alive.

Classic American, imbecile, response.

The 'take it or leave it' stupidity, uttered, most often, by the most retarded imbeciles in one of the most retarded countries in the world.

You mean unlike those morons who take everything modern as the height of progress?

Is that what I'm saying?
    Go figure.
    You have a preset response to what you perceive was a threat to your well-being.
    Maybe along with what modern-age technology and 'advancement' offers you should also consider the costs and byproducts.
    Then maybe you won't sound so stupid.

Is this the only argument against the thesis?
    Wow, what a self-serving, subjective, fear-driven response.
    No, you aren't a dimwit, you just seem that way.

Xev
    Is that an example of an "original put down"?
    Nice.

What about punching?

Gustav
    How can you tell the difference?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  22. Bells Staff Member

On the contrary. He got what he deserved. He married a woman, changed and became the opposite of the guy she married. So she left him as a result and took him for all his was worth in a court system that has, in the last few decades, switched sides. Life sucks and you only get what you give to it.

Do you feel weak and retarded when you're called a pussy? Or do you feel more like a man when not called as such? What if you then later found out that the other was prevented from calling you a pussy? Would you feel weak and retarded?

Ah little man. I see you are back in the usual form.

Heh!

Survival of the fittest comes in the form of who can be the best slave to the masters of the nation, in that those who do not stir the pot tend to be the one's who survive. In short, you survive in NK if you are a "pussy". Hardly a masculine construct, but the society itself is geared towards the masculine rather then the feminine.

23. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Me, your plaything? Anyone who can't face reality like you is a 'plaything'. Haven't you figured out it's you who can't handle the challenges of life, faggot-man?

Lol, this statement alone proves your a coward and can't even stand by your own farts out your ass.

And what is your idea of progress, nitwit? Please enlighten us.

All that bullshit there describes you to a T, cowardly faggot, not me. You are not very intelligent but then it's hard to be when you are so scared shitless you can't face the facts or life. How many times have you posted on your 'girlified' problems? It's like a pathetic obsession.