river's goodbye thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
river,

If you wanted to send me a private message, you could use the Conversations function. That would be better than starting a thread titled with my user name.

I have taken the liberty of changing the thread title to something more informative. I hope you don't mind.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by your message. I guess with you choosing to leave and all, we might never find out. Oh well.

Is that intended to be a permanent goodbye, or a sort of "see you tomorrow" goodbye?

If it's the former, goodbye and good luck.

I do mind .

Dictionary definition? You.

There is nothing in my thinking that has not been expressed in the History of Science .

Those that think differently from what is understood at that time . The mindset .

Newton , Einstein etc , all had those that thought they were " whacko " . Nothing new .

Last edited:
Who let you out of your man-cave?
:D
A man was walking down the street when he was approached by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.

The man took out his wallet, took out ten dollars and said, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you spend this on green fees at a golf course instead of food?" the man asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't played golf in 20 years!"

"Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a hot shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?

The man replied, "That's okay. It's important for her to see what a guy looks like after he’s given up drinking and golf."

What your problem with me , river ?
:sigh: Why do you keep making us hurt you like this?

OK, the recent black hole thread is a good exemplar.

You make demonstrably false declarations, to-wit:

"BB is an explosion Theory of this Universe ." (false)
"The Black Hole is the essence of all galaxies ." (false)
"So three dimensions turns into two dimensions because of gravity ." (false and nonsensical)
"gravity waves emanate; not turn inwards upon themselves . If they did , turn inwards , the gravity wave would never exist ." (not sensical enough to even be false )

about things you demonstrably know nothing about, to-wit:

"So BB started with just stars ?"
" so black-holes came before BB"

so little, in fact, that you don't have the vocabulary about said things to even ask coherent questions, to-wit:

"In order for the singularity to have any truth to it , what physical form did the singularity have before it formed ?"
"what form of matter is the singularity is based on ."
"the wave would never be more than a wave . Because it would never have anything on which to focus its energy . To gather . So to speak . The wave would be a wave for infinity ."

and have been warned by the moderators multiple times for it, to-wit:

"Stop trolling."
"Stop trolling."
"And while we're at it, river is also warned for trolling."

I like you river. You are interested in science, and you are inquisitive.
But you don't know enough - by far - to make declarations of your own.
Ask questions. Accept the answers. Or ask for clarification.
And put down the UFO book; pick up a basic science book.

Are we done here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back