Quotes to remember

Your secrets are safe with me: I wasn't even listening.
anonymous:
Do not take life too seriously; You will never get out of it alive.
anonymous:

Singing in the shower is all fun and games; Until you get shampoo in your mouth, then it becomes a soap opera.
anonymous:
upload_2019-8-3_12-21-47.jpeg

Last edited:
“Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it.”
― William James, The Principles of Psychology

“The thing I remember best about successful people I've met all through the years is their obvious delight in what they're doing and it seems to have very little to do with worldly success. They just love what they're doing, and they love it in front of others.”
― Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember

''Stop planting flowers in other people's backyards who aren't going to water them.'' - Unknown

What do you all think this means?

''Stop planting flowers in other people's backyards who aren't going to water them.'' - Unknown

What do you all think this means?
possibly : Do not help people who will not appreciate the help or who will not help themselves...?

"You must go in quest of yourself, and you will find yourself again only in the simple and forgotten things."
~ C. G. Jung

''What if I fall?''

"Oh, but my darling...what if you can fly?''

- Erin Hanson

" A wise old man was talking to a boy and said,
“There are two wolves always fighting inside me.
One is filled with anger, hate, jealousy, shame and lies.
The other wolf is filled with love, joy, truth, and peace.
This battle rages inside of you and all men.”

The boy thought for a moment and asked “Which wolf will win?”

The old man answered
“The one you feed.” "
- unknown

Did George W. Bush really say "A lot of our imports come from other countries."?
Sounds right. The line of Republican Presidents from Reagan to Trump has no real gaps. Any one of them could make this a hundred page thread.

This site is still up: http://www.dubyaspeak.com
It has a category labeled "Dubya the Geographer"
We import about 60 percent of our oil from overseas — fortunately, most of it from — a lot of it from Canada and Mexico.
I'd like to go down to South America. There is a complicating factor there. The Mexican presidential election is taking place, and I certainly don't want to get involved in that.
I would like to see Habitat For Humanity come down here.
As reported on CNN, Dubya's assessment of who should be helping those affected by the tornado that hit the town of Americus, Georgia. Apparently Dubya didn't know that Habitat for Humanity is based in Americus. Read more about this incident. Americus, Georgia, Mar. 3, 2007

Last edited:
Back