"Quotes of your point view"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Freedom"

Enlightened to the truth that time and space are mere illusions and once ascended beyond them one can now be free

You know that I write slowly. This is chiefly because I am never satisfied until I have said as much as possible in a few words, and writing briefly takes far more time than writing at length.

-Carl Friedrich Gauss

When I have clarified and exhausted a subject, then I turn away from it, in order to go into darkness again.

-Carl Friedrich Gauss

"You shall know nothing if you have not known everything. And if you are timid enough to stop with what is natural, nature will forever elude your grasp!"

-Marquis De Sade

"You shall know nothing if you have not known everything. And if you are timid enough to stop with what is natural, nature will forever elude your grasp!"

-Marquis De Sade

Kind of stupid, in my opinion. Well i am not big on quotes, they just seem to sound good...in a poetic manner, but offer not much value.

I have a weakness for Wilde

"Many a man hath done so; sought to fence
In straitened bonds the soul that should be free
Trodden the dusty road of common sense,
While all the forest sang of liberty...." - Oscar Wilde 'Apologia'

Reportedly from a Czech Newspaper, but the origin of this quote is under dispute with at least one source claiming it originated on an American blog. Regardless of where it originally came from, I like it:
" The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".

"If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."

- J. K. Rowling
"How beautiful an individual to believe such a thing"
-Theo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back