Proof that God does not exist.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Jan 26, 2018.

1. river

Alex ; to your last response , brilliant !!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you very much river I appreciate that you saw my post so favourably.

It was from honesty and kindness.

Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

I would NEVER abandon , my wife nor my children .

For any religion .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

You are a good man river.

I suppose however a religious belief has split some families.

And when you see some of the extremes...honor killing of a girl who left the house with out the required company and murdered by her brothers.

What were they thinking?

And when someone asks what harm does religion do perhaps they could consider honor killings.

Alex

8. river

Tradition , man is superior to the female .

Ever seen the consequence in India where females have acid , splashed on their face , by males ? It is beyond comprehension .

Everytime I see this , it brings me to tears .

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Oh yes so horrible.
    These sort of things make me an atheist.
    I dont believe a God could let such happen therefore there is none...or...if there is a God and he (could not be a she cause would not be so stupidly cruel) allowed such things I would still proyest even though he could crisp me in a blink. I would never support what appears to be a cruel uncaring God.

Man if I was God I would work on fixing a few things real fast.

Did you read the link I posted you will like it.

Alex

10. river

No , to be honest I didn't know you had a link .

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

12. river

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thank you for considering to put it on your list...however tend to the important things in your life as I only alert you to a triviality.
    Alex

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The arise of suffering is an unexscapable part of life.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  15. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

So, the question is why we procreate, rather why procreation is purpose of our life? You don't seem to have any answer for that. When I say finding the treasure (God) is the purpose of life, then I can be excused because I am making a faith based statement, a statement which an atheist can outrightly ridicule, but when you make a statement claiming yourself as scientifically oriented rationalist atheist (SORA) then don't you think you should substantiate your claim?

And by the way, what would be the purpose of life (or remaining life) of a mule, a transgender, an impotent, women beyond menopause, a sterilized person, those who have self imposed break on procreation etc?

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Reproduction is not our purpose. I don't excuse statements because they are faith-based, which is the worst possible reason for anything.

17. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Very true because this purpose is based on the premises of belief in the existence of that fatherly figure. And why blame me for not able to supply you any definition which will suit your rational approach, I never claimed that the definition or characteristics of God will be rational as per our understanding of what is rational or not.

By the way may I ask you what is the objective purpose of our life?

18. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

We have two atheists here, one (Alex) claiming reproduction as purpose of life and another you contradicting him!

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is no objective purpose of life. There are subjective ones, like the one you have chosen already laid out in a religion.

And if you admit faith isn't rational, we are done here. Proof is by definition a rational process. I don't have to prove something doesn't exist when you've already stated you have no rational reason for believing it in the first place.

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Alex is wrong. We do have a strong biological impulse to reproduce, but I don't feel that's the same thing as a purpose. Purpose requires an agent dictating that purpose, even one's self, and a universal purpose would require a universal agent, for which there is no legitimate evidence.

21. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

It could be your ignorance. You are making a statement that your life is purposeless. I have no problem with that.

No one is seeking any proof from you on the context, you just refer to a dictionary and find out the meaning of "faith", that would suffice.

22. RajeshTrivedi Valued Senior Member

Good one, but the lack of proof does not rule out his existence (his = universal agent = God?)

23. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Iron rusts, we too are a chemical process.

Are you just saying you have personally rationalised your thoughts so as to believe in a god or gods (Eastern)?