Posts per day

LOL! You Crack me up.

I don't worry. I just find it funny that some people spend that much time reading, watching TV, texting, etc.

What about people who come back with new accounts [do-overs] and hence have a post count that does not reflect their real contribution?

If I add my old account(s) to this one, and divide by the number of accounts, it drops my post count to a mere 1.31 posts a day since 2004... I have less total posts in 5.3 years, than you post on average in 1.7 months. Just to give some perspective.

I don't think that people who have multiple accounts over the years is all that normal, and even the one other that does that I know about still has 1/23rd of your average posts per day across all his accounts.

James R,

Would it be possible to parse out how many words per posts some of them have, and how many posts are in each fora? I think that's a factor too. If you are constantly mis-posting stuff in the wrong place, have your posts repeatedly cesspooled and/or only post in the "social" fora, it factors in as well. Just would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
If I add my old account(s) to this one, and divide by the number of accounts, it drops my post count to a mere 1.31 posts a day since 2004... I have less total posts in 5.3 years, than you post on average in 1.7 months. Just to give some perspective.

So do overs do change the picture. Meanwhile I have no issues with my post count. I like the interaction and hence I continue it, inspite of snarky attempts by the admin and moderators from day one [when I complained of atheists stalking me] to make life a little less rosy here.

So, maybe James could tell us what it means when people who rarely post have issues with people who post more and often stimulate and drive discussion. I for example enjoy Orlys threads, she comes up with the most unique points of view. I'll take Ankles or Cankles over much of what the average posters post

I'm not even sure what your interests are. Last I remember you posted pictures of your kitten. Or something like that

Last edited:
I've been here for about six and a half years and I'm averaging about .74 posts per day.

Here are the numbers of posts per day for all members of sciforums with more than 10000 posts:

***********************************************S.A.M. 47.33
**************************Orleander 25.88
*************************draqon 25.24
*****************Enmos 17.17
**************shorty_37 14.03
**************Baron Max 13.55
*************John99 13.52
************Buffalo Roam 11.87
************spidergoat 11.70
**********cosmictraveler 9.90
*********leopold99 9.47
*********GeoffP 8.89
*********lightgigantic 8.60
********Oli 8.21
*******Asguard 6.63
******James R 6.38
******superluminal 6.25
******(Q) 5.62
******Tiassa 5.53
*****Truthseeker 5.38
*****ElectricFetus 5.14
*****one_raven 5.04
*****Fraggle Rocker 4.68
****hypewaders 4.21
****Xev 3.93

What can we deduce from this (if anything)?

Mine is actually 13.9 now..... I have slowed right down, because it's summer and there are much better things to do.
Some ppl should get off the computer and go outside more.

That anyone who's post count is more then 20 /day has nothing better to do with themselves?

Anyone over 40 has no life whatsoever?

Last edited:
So you only post here when you have no life? That explains your very first post.

Hey I had 75 a day when I was working on my degree. I've actually toned down now that the atheists have stopped stalking me.:D

Plus I graduated so I'm more relaxed now.

Well at least your posts have substance, which is more than can be said for some prolific posters around here...

Still though, you must be a quick reader/typist.

So you only post here when you have no life? That explains your very first post.

You are the one here every waking moment 7 days a week, so I think it is clear who has no life.

What I am saying is when the weather is nice, it's time to pry yourself away from the computer and enjoy actual reality, with family and friends.

How can you spend any time with family or friends if you are ALWAYS on the computer?

I only talk on this forum and find that takes enough of my time. Sometimes it's even too much when I am in a serious debate. How you can spend not only time on this forum but other forums too. It seems crazy to me to spend that much time sitting in a chair chatting on the internet.

Where do you find the time to actually live life outside the internet.:shrug:

Last edited:
What about people who come back with new accounts [do-overs] and hence have a post count that does not reflect their real contribution?

Agreed. A number of posters readily agree to having sockpuppets and using them, so..

I'd estimate that most regular contributors average about 5 posts per day over time.

A higher post rate, I think, may indicate one or more of the following, for starters:

• Posts are of a low quality or "knee-jerk" variety.
  • Poster thinks sciforums can be used like a Facebook status box.
  • Poster is happy to start threads on just about anything that pops into his or her mind, and lacks the ability to self-censor and reflect on whether other members may be interested.
  • Poster spends too much time on the internet.
  • Poster places too much importance on internet forums, probably at the expense of his or her "real life".
  • Poster has an unhealthy obsession with one or more topics discussed on sciforums and feels compelled to post on them to excess.
  • Poster is very fast at processing information, is an excellent and efficient writer, has lots of intelligent things to say and is very good at multitasking internet use with his or her real life.

I would add;

• Poster needs constant attention, validation and/or interaction and does not get this from their real life.
  • Poster craves conflict and drama and didn't get enough in High School.
  • Poster considers themself to be of lesser intelligence, and needs to prove to him/herself that they can have intelligent discussions.
  • Poster has overall esteem issues and uses the anonymity of the internet to test out new personna to wear.

I'm a bit offended actually.. whoops, that's three posts in a row. Baaaad Enmos!

Funny how some passive-aggressive people say they don't care what others do as long as no one gets hurt, but they throw a fit about how many times a person posts on a forum. lame and yet hilarious

well, that covers it all doesn't it. LOL How much time on the internet is too much time? :shrug: an hr? 2 hrs?

Too much time is when your internet usage starts to interfere with your offline life.

We're talking about post rates here, not total posts. New accounts are unlikely to materially affect a member's rate of posting, unless they are posting to two different accounts concurrently. Since we discourage simultaneous sock puppets here, that doesn't happen a lot. Consecutive socks ought to have the same post rate as each other.

Would it be possible to parse out how many words per posts some of them have, and how many posts are in each fora? I think that's a factor too. If you are constantly mis-posting stuff in the wrong place, have your posts repeatedly cesspooled and/or only post in the "social" fora, it factors in as well. Just would be interesting to see.

There's no way to do that easily, as far as I am aware. Posts that end up in the cesspool, however, do not count towards a member's overall post count, and therefore do not figure in the post rate either. Therefore, a poster who has lots of posts in the cesspool should actually have a greater rate than the one that is recorded on their profile. I guess one way to look at it is that post rate refers to the rate of non-cesspooled posts.

So, maybe James could tell us what it means when people who rarely post have issues with people who post more and often stimulate and drive discussion.

What do you think it means? You go first, then I'll post my opinion.

What do you think it means? You go first, then I'll post my opinion.

Personally the only time I look at anyones post number is if I am interacting with them and they are new to me, ie have I interacted with this member before? Is he/she new? Is this person really a newbie? Or a sockpuppet?

So I have no clue why anyone elses post count is relevant except in the context of interaction.

Where do you find the time to actually live life outside the internet.:shrug:

Its called multitasking, you should try it. This year alone I spent six months in the US, in three different states, a couple of weeks in London and now I run around in India between two cities. :p

I bet I've seen more of the world than you have :)

Its called multitasking, you should try it. This year alone I spent six months in the US, in three different states, a couple of weeks in London and now I run around in India between two cities. :p

I bet I've seen more of the world than you have :)

I multitask everyday of my life or wouldn't get as much done as I do.

There is no doubt you have seen much more of the world then me. Personally I wouldn't want to travel around the world by myself, that isn't for me.

I much rather have the life I have surrounded by my family (kids). Like tonight for instance we all sat out and had a fire in the backyard, making smores just relaxing and joking around with some other friends of ours. I find that much more fulfilling then traveling around the world all by myself, but to each his own.

Back