Off-topic posts from the "Evidence that God is real" thread

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Goldtop, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

So you’re not going to give your opinion on the evidence, I take it?

Jan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

I think your source supports genocide, thinks gays cannot be moral, and believes in evolution.

If you are putting forward that source for what you believe in, then you support genocide, think gays cannot be moral, and believe in evolution.

Simple.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What does this have to with the OP?

Jan.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Observe - and note the odd inability to find the right word or keep the grammar together, the consistently weird ESL-like choice of words and structures that don't actually make sense, the consistent pattern of making less sense to someone reading carefully than to someone casually skimming.
    - - -
    oA theist:
    The ones laid out by Bill Craig.
    What is the evidence that he puts forth that you agree with?
    All of them.
    William Craig has asserted that the Earth is hollow.
    So, you are perfectly comfortable with backing that assertion as evidence for God, are you?

Is that part of the evidence?
    No?
    So wtf?
    - - -
    In the light of that exchange:
    It is not reasonable to believe this is an honest posting. Lying to themselves, or us, or an imagined audience of casual readers, is the only remotely plausible set of inferences.

And in that light, the following tactical maneuvers (all from very recent posting, not the hundreds of archived and similar here) indicate consciousness, self awareness:
    Giving this kind of post the "benefit of the doubt" enables the destruction of discussion in good faith, which is its apparent tactic in pursuit of its most solidly indicated agenda.

The only interesting feature of the posts by these guys in these threads is this:

The overt Abrahamic theists posting in science forums are - all of them, consistently - deeply and fundamentally dishonest in their posting. Their posts are dishonorable, unethical, and presented in bad faith. Their role is independent of their content.

And that is an interesting topic. Anything else involving them has become complicity.
    - - - -
    Or maybe not, or maybe the other way around, or whatever, eh?

Or maybe what these guys are doing here is something else entirely, part of something they and their fellow fundies are doing in the world generally, and its political parallels are not coincidental.

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Because putting forward evidence of God, hollow earth, and homophobia are all related.
    Aren’t they?

Is this how you reason about God?
    Make stuff up in your mind, that suits your current feeling, then convince yourself it undeniably correct?

Huh!

The rest of your post seems to be some kind of fantasy you have in you head. Not that the whole post didn’t have the same kind of feel. The first part was just a little more intelligible.

Jan.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  9. iceaura Valued Senior Member

They are, in Craig's writings.
    That should be irrelevant here, of course, since Craig is not present.
    Not yet - such reasoning requires evidence, etc, posted on this thread.
    You could try posting honestly and in good faith. Then, if I were to continue to describe your posts as dishonest, you could post declarative sentences and direct accusations instead of accountability-dodging bad faith questions.

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

That’s not what a I asked.

Are they part of WCL argument for evidence of God?

Not if you stay true to form, and try to make things that fit your worldview, true.

You should respond to threads as ifyou don’t know the person you’re discussing with, and try to stop controlling both sides of the discussion. You’re always wrong.

You’d just be carrying on the trend of fooling yourself.
    What is wrong with you?

Jan.

11. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Sorry, did I look like I was hiding something? Have I been too subtle?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You lack conviction. You talk like you believe in God, but you don't have confidence in your belief except to yourself.

Which is what I've been asserting all along: your beliefs are internal - that they have no communication with the outside world - believer or non-believer-alike.

That must have been hard to admit.

12. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Ah but we do. We know the you that you have chosen to present here, and that is all that matters. You could be the Pope in real life; it only matters how you comport yourself here.

You argue in bad faith.

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

Q: All or any of which arguments, Jan?
    Jan: The ones laid out by Bill Craig.

You have said you adhere to the arguments laid out by Bill Craig. Bill Craig supports genocide, thinks gays cannot be moral, and believes in evolution.

Let's see if I can make this any simpler.

Joe: "I think genocide is great! It was in the Bible. And God is a man! And of course he exists; if everything exists, he exists too!"
    Jan: "I believe Joe's arguments. All of them. If you have any questions about it, refer to what he says."

Simple conclusion; Jan supports genocide. Supported by Jan's own words.

If you need this made any simpler, I will see if I can do it with one syllable words.

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

You might also need the crayon font

15. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Yes.

An atheist perspective on God, theism, or theists. Cracks me up.

I actually prefer when you are like this, rather than pretending to like science, and believing that you are a reasonable, logical person.
    You just seem to flow better.

Jan.

16. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

I think you need to make it simpler. So calm down, take a deep breath, and think carefully about what you’re going to say.

How is, homosexuality, genocide, and hollow earth, related to the theme of this thread?

Do you think you can answer that for anyone who is not a desperate atheist willing to pull at any straw.

Thanks in advance.

Jan.

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

So how do you determine if something is objectively morally good, or objectively morally bad? IOW what is your reference point?

Jan.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Yes, it is. It is a direct answer of your question.
    Note the comma. Unfamiliar as the concept may be, other people write for meaning.
    For the reality of God.
    Yes.
    I do. I base everything on the posts right here.
    Yours, for example, are obviously dishonest and posted in bad faith, and have been for years over thousands of posts. Who you are, how you came to abuse these forums in that way, and so forth, hasn't come up.
    This isn't a discussion, with you. You aren't on a "side", here.
    We don't know.
    You linked to Bill Craig, and declared all his arguments and evidence relevant here. You didn't say how.

You mean you don't know either?

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Can you point out where homosexuality, genocide, and hollow earth are mentioned,!or implied?

Thanks in advance.

Jan.

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

If you look closely, you will notice that the author you linked there is named "Yazata". My source for Craig's arguments and evidence is named "Craig". It's the source you provided, remember?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

You should inform Bilvon cause he really thinks he’s on to something.

Jan

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Bilvon says he doesn't know either. He keeps asking you - that's what a question mark means in honest posting, if you have forgotten.

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Yes. I used Yazata’s collection WLC quotes on evidence for God.

That is basically all of Craig’s arguments for God’s existence (basically).

What of it?

Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.