Looking for a bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
2512853112_f0ffc6ea26.jpg

This guy is "moth shaped".

Unfortunately no.
Maybe draqon was right and it WAS made of metal.
It was a government mini-spy bug and they saw how dull my life really is, so there's no need to come back.

Unfortunately no.
Maybe draqon was right and it WAS made of metal.
It was a government mini-spy bug and they saw how dull my life really is, so there's no need to come back.

Huh ? What do you mean with that last bit "they saw how dull my life really is, so there's no need to come back" ?

There are many insects that are metallic in appearance, I just don't know any that display the other characteristics.

Huh ? What do you mean with that last bit "they saw how dull my life really is, so there's no need to come back" ?

The government spies that were using the micro-spy fly to see what I was up to.

I saw some type of fly today and was looking for help identifying it.
I live in the lower Hudson Valley in New York.
It was a fairly large fly - about an inch long.
When it landed, it tucked it's wings to make a triangle shape, similar to a moth. So the widest part of it was about the same length as the longest part.
It was a dark, pewter gray in color.
The wings were the most extraordinary part - they looked like they were made of stained glass. The different sections of teh wings were separated by what looked like leading. Some sections were transparent and some sections were black. The wings were all shiny.

That's about as much detail I got before it flew away.

I've never seen a bug like this before, and was hoping it sounded familiar to someone.

Maybe it's a carpenter bee. What do you think of this one?
w ww.lucianabartolini.net/Immagini/api/Xylocopa-violacea.jpg

Cool looking bee, but no.

Carpenter bees around here look nothing like that.

QUOTE=one_raven;1944575]What the hell is up with those wings?
It is an illusion, or are they shaped like a corner?[/QUOTE]

You mean that pointy, extended pronotum? A lot of the true bugs have that structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back