Can former atheists explain what atheism is?

Damn, but he got old!
Well, he is 77.

But like a good wine, well aged and with greater complexity. I just love the Cajun shuffe, it's hypnotic.
And I love the satire contained in the lyrics.

Last edited:
It looks like Cheryl in Administration might have stuffed up again. We apologise for this error. Cards will be mailed out as soon as we've sorted out the problem. Cheryl will be first against the wall.

So now you are a theist, can you explain why you were an atheist?
I was raised in an atheist household, not around religion. Most of my family are atheist, most of my friends are atheist, etc. Atheism was the norm for me.
I became more actively, consciously atheist when I was confronted by religious people and I was baffled by their beliefs. I did not see the sense in believing something without evidence. To be honest, I still don't; I am a skeptic at heart.

The only reason I am a theist today is because I had personal experiences which acted as proof, to me, of the gods. I would not encourage people to believe things without seeing it for themselves.

I was raised in an atheist household, not around religion. Most of my family are atheist, most of my friends are atheist, etc. Atheism was the norm for me.
I became more actively, consciously atheist when I was confronted by religious people and I was baffled by their beliefs. I did not see the sense in believing something without evidence. To be honest, I still don't; I am a skeptic at heart.

The only reason I am a theist today is because I had personal experiences which acted as proof, to me, of the gods. I would not encourage people to believe things without seeing it for themselves.
I hope she replies.

In this discussion arena, I put it forward as an opinion. If you can correct me I will be happy to change my view. But I doubt that you can, given what you have said thus far.

All scriptures teaches that we are part God, insofar as, we have a spiritual component to us.
This spiritual component is, in quality, the same as God, because it comes from God.
The Bible says we are created in the image of God, which is the same thing.
It doesn’t mean we resemble God In looks. It means whereas God is infinite, Ansolute, and complete, we are finite. But we are essentially the same.
God is perfect, God is the greatest of all beings. God is the most powerful, the most intelligent, the wealthiest, the most beautiful, and so on. If God is not the Greatest, He is not God.
That’s who God is.

Jan.
All of this is simply claims made by man, do you have any claims made by gods?

Those scriptures are typeset by humans, and printed by humans, on human-made paper, so Slart's statement is manifestly true.

If you assert the content's source is other than human, that's your case to make.
You've missed the point. I suggest a re-read.

Back