Black holes do not exist

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by Luchito, Mar 3, 2021.

1. river

Not to the Universe . Movement , dynamics , interactions , attraction , magnetism , electric current ( magnetism and electric current occur together ) vibration etc. Time is measurement of movements of physical objects . When you find out , understand what time really is . Ask yourself , What is the essence of time ? In depth . Then you will understand what I'm saying here .

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

So black-holes can't exist . They don't change the volume of space . Black-holes don't decrease the volume of space .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

They warp spacetime. Just like any ordinary mass (like our sun) does. That's proven. To say that the sun can do it but more massive objects cannot is nonsensical.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Disagree

Rotation , " warps " the energy and matter in space . Spacetime . . Neither space nor time has physical qualities , on their own . So they can't " warp " anything .

8. river

Question , what is the essence of space ? Why does space exist ? And can space exist on its own ? ( space=room ) .

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Einstein has shown otherwise.

Do you own a smart phone with GPS?
    If Einstein were wrong, your phone could not tell you where you are.

10. river

Of course , but it has nothing to do with " warping space and time " .

11. river

I'm Right .

To decrease the volume of space means that any particle is completely destroyed because the volume of space needed to exist , has been destroyed . We don't see evidence of the decrease of space its self .

12. river

black-holes destroyed space . Because mathematically its possible .

In the Physical Universe , Space can never be destroyed .

13. river

From my post#605

Space being three dimensional , depth , breadth and length .

Because the physical is three dimensional .

Thoughts ....

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

In a way, yes. It's called frame dragging.
    Sure they do. Distance is a physical quality.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Space and time are measured linearly. Since frame-dragging results in observed changes in the measurement of space and the measurement of time, that's pretty much a good description of "warping".

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You're just giving your personal opinion. Why should anybody care about that?

If you assert that "in the physical world... a black hole can never happen" you need to use science to support your claim. But you can't do that, can you?

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why do you think a black hole should "decrease the volume of space"? Can you cite one scientific source that says anything like that?
    The only scientific theory that accurately predicts how clocks on satellites behave, compared to clocks on the ground, is the General Theory of Relativity.

If you want to assert that the observed time dilation has nothing to do with "warping space and time", then you need to show us your alternative scientific explanation. Otherwise, it's just your uninformed opinion, again, from the guy who got himself permanently excluded from our science sections for continually posting unsupported nonsense.

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I was checking out some aspect of what I was intending to write about

Came across this regarding Black Holes

Might give some different thoughts about Black Holes

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

For some reason, people seem to think it's just fine to operate in a knowledge semi-vacuum when they discuss astronomy, cosmology or (for some reason) relativity.

We don't see people posting threads on how they don't believe that root canal surgery exists, or how they don't believe in dinosaurs, or how they don't believe in a globalised economy. But apparently it is acceptable to ramble on for hundreds of pages about how you don't believe in black holes, without ever once connecting to any expert knowledge about black holes.

It's an interesting pathology.

20. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Interesting indeed. Perhaps I should start such a thread to see response

I'm guessing though to many people have had root canal surgery ie to much evidence available

For astronomy, cosmology, relativity a paucity of evidence for the theories which in many cases are also contentious between the experts

Very much so. Pity unable to place on a slide and pop under a microscope

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

That's really not the case - at least not for the topics I mentioned. There's a ton of good evidence for black holes. There's an accumulation of 100 years of excellent evidence for relativity. There's abundant evidence for the big bang.

22. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I agree

Perhaps more the click bait science mid represents the science

23. river

Highlighted

A quality but not the essence of the quality . The essence of the quality is physical .

Neither space nor time exist without the physical . Neither can exist three dimensionally on their own , ( without any reference to anything physical ) in the definition .