At what age sleepovers stop?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Syzygys, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

For those who have here grown up kids, at what age the kids stopped sleepovers? When is it not cool anymore?

Practically speaking, maybe when they can drive and go home on their own?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

My son had his girl friend come for a sleep over...He is 28...does that count?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Michael 345 likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

I am 21, I slept over my friend's house...see nuttin wrong with it. It feels a bit awkward, but its still good thing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well I don't but I'll add my 2 cents worth. At 12 I'd think that no one should be allowed to sleep over unless they are the same sex or there's a problem at their home and then you'd need to call about what's up.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

'Til like 12 I guess.

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, we just have a sleepover tonight and the kids are almost 16. Generally I don't like much noise, so when they are over, I can't sleep very well, let's just put it this way.

Now here is what I don't get, some of the kids live like 2 minutes walk away, so even at 1 am I would rather go walk home and sleep in my own bed instead of on the floor, but that is just me... I assume they are too lazy to go home... The funniest part is that nobody sleeps in the bed,but on any other furniture...

On the positive side, at least we know where they are...

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My son (17) has a friend staying the weekend. They basically just play video games all weekend. Its like there is a rotation system. Everyone takes turns spending the night at someone's house.
    The last girl he had spend the night was when he was about 13. As soon as she got her period, her Mom put a stop to it. My son and her talked about her period so she didn't understand what the big deal was.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't mind 1 extra kid, but 3???? Although one of my friends had like 10 girls sleeping over with her daughter...

What is the difference between playing games at 1 am or 11 am? Because when they stay up late, then they sleep late. So why not just go to sleep in at a decent hour and get up earlier?? I understand the novelty of it, but we make them be quiet, and where is the fun in that???

12. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

What you guys don't do sleepovers anymore?
    I mean, we don't sit under the blankets with a flashlight anymore, but that's cause we can set our own bedtimes.
    Been known to go out for a beer too. In slippers.
    If you have sex with the other person, does that not count?

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Only if your parents still bang on the wall : "Turn that noise down, will you!"

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

My 11 yr old has his buddy over for a sleepover sometimes. My basement is finished so they set up down there. They pretty much fool around whipping stuff at eachother and playing Xbox. They stay up till whenever they pass out. It doesn't bother me because I am 2 floors above them.

15. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Oh, that's kinky. Not for me. But I'm not judging what others need for a good time.

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Duct Tape always works

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i guess it depends what you count as a sleep over, if you mean with kids pjs and pillow fights maybe 10 but if you mean when you have been drinking at a friends place and decide drink driving is NOT cool then never

18. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

I don't think sleepovers ever stop, its part of the human experience.

19. ang2223 Registered Member

I have never allowed them. I have to sets of kids 14/15 and 5/7 both sets one boy one girl. I just thought it better to never start them then to have to end them during teen years. They really don't seem to mind, and i always make it clear to other parents who have allowed my children to spend the night at their house, that the "favor" will not be returned.
    For the most part I don't get much slack about it.

20. draqon Banned Banned

I do sleepovers because my hands can no longer bear to handle the ps2 control...I collapse...

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, I am a light sleeper and even little noises wake me up. Also, just in principle I don't see the need to stay up until 6 am, then sleep until 2 pm...

Oh yes, and next day there are bodies all over in the living room...

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Sleepovers stop when orgies begin.

23. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

Wow. I got a series of images. All of them provocative and none of them, I suspect, what you meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.