Ankles or Cankles

I'm very self conscious about my toes. My Mom once told me I have toes like my dad, "your big toe is almost mushroom in shape" and I rarely wear open toe shoes or sandals. :(

damn that's nasty shit
that's like saying
"you look like a slut when ever you are happy".
slap the bitch for me will you ?

You'd think you guys would have better things to do and FAR more important things to worry about. :p

You'd think you guys would have better things to do and FAR more important things to worry about. :p

i think your not taking this subject seriously enough :spank:
:roflmao:
unfortunately in this age of cosmetic surgery people pick faults with small parts of their body and then deem themselves to be imperfect.

it detracts from the whole learning to love someone etc....

but it sure does fuel a massive industry

actually cankles are NOT a sign of being fat at all. They are a sign that the lypatic system gets overwhelmed either because there is a problem with it or because your BP is to high ect.

Its not excess atipose tissue at all, its odeama

What guy takes any notice of ankles? Feet, maybe, but ankles? Never heard of it.

How could you look at feet and not notice ankles, if the person isn't wearing long pants? Besides if they're hideous how could you not see? Like you may not regularly notice people's teeth but if they're all jacked up, how can you not notice?

How could you look at feet and not notice ankles, if the person isn't wearing long pants?

Because their feet are being focused on, not their ankles. The question answers itself!

Besides if they're hideous how could you not see?

Obviously if they have some obvious deformity of the ankles you might notice it, but from what I understand guys don't actively seek out and assess a girl's ankles on a scale of one to ten. Personally, I have never seen a girl with ugly ankles. Ugly feet, yep. Ugly face, certainly. Ugly hands, definitely. But an ankle is an ankle, it's rather hard to have ugly ankles, unless you have scurvy or rickets.

Like you may not regularly notice people's teeth but if they're all jacked up, how can you not notice?

Teeth are very important, especially since you're looking at someone's face whenever you talk to them.

Really weird.. it appears that the Dutch are the tallest people in the world according to that list.. :confused:

I believe that. When I met the Dutch cricket team I could not believe how tall they all were!!!! :eek:

actually cankles are NOT a sign of being fat at all. They are a sign that the lypatic system gets overwhelmed either because there is a problem with it or because your BP is to high ect.

Its not excess atipose tissue at all, its odeama

Yea, I thought it was retained water. lol that sounds terrible, I don't know how you say it in English.

enmos, say what?
retained water? There is no such thing (specifically), its odema caused by swelling or poor drainage. In the case of swelling your talking about vascualar disease (for instance diabeties), poor drainage would be your have had your lyphnodes removed and there for have lyphodeama (for instance in the arm after breast cancer surgury) or your BP is so high its causing a fluid shift into the intersticial space

enmos, say what?
retained water? There is no such thing (specifically), its odema caused by swelling or poor drainage. In the case of swelling your talking about vascualar disease (for instance diabeties), poor drainage would be your have had your lyphnodes removed and there for have lyphodeama (for instance in the arm after breast cancer surgury) or your BP is so high its causing a fluid shift into the intersticial space

I know, but that's how they call it here ;)

they do here to, however its not medically acurate (well i SURPOSE you could say someone with a full obstruction of the renal system was "retaining water":p)

they do here to, however its not medically acurate (well i SURPOSE you could say someone with a full obstruction of the renal system was "retaining water":p)

I think it's kind of accurate to refer to oedema as water retention though.

retaining it in the interstitial space? maybe i guess but thats not the context its used though is that the whole body is not elimiating enough water and thats wrong. The symptoms of that would be hemodilution and high BP, not nessarly odema (though in late stages that is what you would see of course)

retaining it in the interstitial space? maybe i guess but thats not the context its used though is that the whole body is not elimiating enough water and thats wrong. The symptoms of that would be hemodilution and high BP, not nessarly odema (though in late stages that is what you would see of course)

I thought oedema was water retention through osmosis.. too much 'water attracting' substances are retained and therefor also water.
Is that correct ?
I see what you're saying though.

no odeama means swelling, ie there is to much fluid in the tissue, thats all it means.

Now there are various reasons for this. One is kidney failure which leads to poor regulation, along a similar line is congestive cadiac failure CCF (which is more common than a compleate blockage of the kidneys, i belive its more common that they tend to lose there ability to STOP water leaving the body rather than keep to much) which DOES lead to odeama of the legs AND acute pulmonry odeama APO during sleep. The reason for this kind of odeama is that more fluid is moving out of the vascular space than the lypatic system can return to the heart, once you lay down however all that flows back in and leaks out into the lungs causing APO

Another cause of odeama is an inability for the lympatic system to move the fluid. This is your lyphodeama you see in women after breast cancer surgury (like my mum) where the lyph nodes are removed.

However the most common form of odeam is a sprained ankle where the releace of inflamitory mediators (for instance Heprin) makes the capilleries more permiable which leads to a build up of fluid (odeama) in the interstitial space. This is why you ice, compress and elivate a sprain, they cause vasoconstriction which means less fluid into the tissues.

This is similar for anaphalaxis and septic shock. The capilleries become more permiable because of those same inflamitory mediators and there for you get more fluid in the tissues which is odeama. Problem is that isnted of it being in the ankle, it tends to be around the layrix and there for can cut off your airway (treatment adrenilin and\or ice packs to the neck to reduce that odeama and concider ventilin to help with the broncospasim)

no odeama means swelling, ie there is to much fluid in the tissue, thats all it means.

Now there are various reasons for this. One is kidney failure which leads to poor regulation, along a similar line is congestive cadiac failure CCF (which is more common than a compleate blockage of the kidneys, i belive its more common that they tend to lose there ability to STOP water leaving the body rather than keep to much) which DOES lead to odeama of the legs AND acute pulmonry odeama APO during sleep. The reason for this kind of odeama is that more fluid is moving out of the vascular space than the lypatic system can return to the heart, once you lay down however all that flows back in and leaks out into the lungs causing APO

Another cause of odeama is an inability for the lympatic system to move the fluid. This is your lyphodeama you see in women after breast cancer surgury (like my mum) where the lyph nodes are removed.

However the most common form of odeam is a sprained ankle where the releace of inflamitory mediators (for instance Heprin) makes the capilleries more permiable which leads to a build up of fluid (odeama) in the interstitial space. This is why you ice, compress and elivate a sprain, they cause vasoconstriction which means less fluid into the tissues.

This is similar for anaphalaxis and septic shock. The capilleries become more permiable because of those same inflamitory mediators and there for you get more fluid in the tissues which is odeama. Problem is that isnted of it being in the ankle, it tends to be around the layrix and there for can cut off your airway (treatment adrenilin and\or ice packs to the neck to reduce that odeama and concider ventilin to help with the broncospasim)

Ah thanks, Asguard :)

Back