Your work-out...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by superstring01, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

My workouts in the last dozen years or so have had nothing to do with vanity and everything to do with reality and pursuit of extreme water sports.
    Work might include walking up beaches and cliffs carrying substantial camera equipment or planting a thousand chilie plants in a day or spreading a few tons of mulch or compost by hand or harvesting same and fun would incorporate diving to depth in remote areas in pursuit of delectable table offerings or pure sport which entails putting one's self in the way of thousands of tons of angry water( waves).
    Fit 'til death with pain as a constant companion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I like the planting 1000 chillie plants training.

peace.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

I prefer the naked bodysurfing by moonlight but that's just me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Hey String, try this exercise, also good for your hair:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

God, Ahnald was a beast. I met the governator last fall during the wildfires around San Diego. He isn't anything like he was (comedy Hercules in New York example), but for a guy my dad's age, he is still very imposing.

I have to hand it to Stallone, though. I don't think I've ever seen someone at 60 have a physique most 20 year olds only wish for.

10. superstring01 Moderator

Christ. I wish I had a body like that.

No. I'm 33 now and I have reasonable and attainable goals. While I may -- with a certain amount of commitment -- be able to achieve that body, it would come at significant sacrifice to my current career and social life. I'm content with 90 minutes a day, five days a week, at the gym.

~String

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

I'd rather have my face and my body, than his;

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

OK, I will ask for advice too. I want to work on my abs, but due to my bad back, it usually screws up my discs.

So is there an ab exercise that I can do without using my back? I remember seeing some kind of handheld machine pulling it towards the ab, but I don't think I am going to buy that...

13. Harnu Semper Fidelis Registered Senior Member

Not much you can do for your abs without a little bit of strain or movement on the back I don't think. you can try leg lifts. Lay on your back, put your hands under your butt and lift your legs in the air repeatedly while keeping your back flat on the ground. Or lay flat, put your arms our on the ground almost at a 45 degree angle away from your body and just flex your abs hard enough that your head and some shoulders come off the ground. Don't go all the way up like a crunch or sit up, just that little bit of movement can get reallly tiring

14. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

Well met, heh.

Drop! Flutter kicks!

Lifts are good if torsion hurts your spine. Also they're lower impact, and more of an isometric exercise, as you exert force against gravity (static resistance) rather than your body's own inertia (dynamic resistance).