yard lights..

Discussion in 'Architecture & Engineering' started by NMSquirrel, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Well..the Valves are "normally closed"...so a lack of power would result in them closing. Oh...and thanks Squirrel...thanks to my search for relays...all the side ads on LOLCats are now relay-related.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

this is not at my home,its for where i work..i am looking for a cheap way to automate it..

convienience...
    they had the wired rolled and tied next to the valves and a nine volt battery was the easiest to test..it worked, when the battery is hooked up the valve opens, when there is no voltage the valve closes..(a cheap rechargable would work,would only need 15 minutes of run time..)

i already have the wires hooked up to a nine volt battery connector and set up so we dont have to crawl in the hole to turn it on..(just plug in a battery)(of course its too late in the season to utilize it..)(but wait..so there should be an off switch for the off season..)

i actually have no idea what voltage it is set up for, i imagined either 6 or 12 volt system..

building my own..i would have done when i was younger..looking more for a product that has what i need, that i could modify as little as possible to get it to work for me..
    yard lights came to mind..they are almost exactly what i need...

almost...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

beats the "Are you Single?" ads..

8. cosmictotem Registered Senior Member