x-box vs. playstation 2

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by ralph nader, Dec 16, 2002.

?

which one is better and why

1. x-box

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. playstation 2

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lartox Registered Senior Member

X-Box:

Morrowind and Halo ROCK. Especially Morrowind. I'm in wuv

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Lartox

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

yeah, but i have a PC and I can buy that for at least 150 bucks less.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Marrowmind doesn't even cost 150 bucks...

But I think the PC is still the best of the three, though if I had to choose a console it would be the XB.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Then you obviously haven't played an Xbox before. And their OS's aren't crap, it's that most people don't know how to use them properly. They go around installing whatever they can find, throwing it all together without doing any regular system maintenance and then wonder why they get a blue screen when they open a certain program. If you control what you install, run scandisk and defragmenter every week and reinstall programs when problems appear you will have very little trouble with Windows, trust me.

I run Win98, and for the year that I alone used it (not allowing anyone else to touch it) I've experienced maybe 3 bluescreens (not counting times when I put in a dirty CD

). Before, when I let my computer-inept family use it I was getting several bluescreens and lockups a week.

Mac focuses on friendlyness, Windows focuses on functionality. Two completely different OS's.

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Preach on! That's music to my ears Xelios! I run a finally tuned PC, and if anyone puts a finger on it without my knowledge then I beat them down. My Mom gets blue screens when she uses the computer, that's why Im always in the room when she uses it. She used to think that the only way to close a program was to push CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Now as for the x-box. It isn't complete crap. It has some redeemable qualities, like halo. That's just about all I can think of. I just don't see the point in paying 30 extra dollars to use the DVD player, so you have to admit that Bill is greedy. On another point it may be faster but hard drives do and will crash. A gaming console shouldnt have a hard drive.

9. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Console games suck

10. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I don't see the point in paying for an extra attachment just so I can play with 4 controllers

As greedy as everyone else I'd say. After all, he is loosing $150 on every Xbox sold, and he just gave like $10 million to starving people in Africa. I still don't like MS for being such a monopoly though.

Maybe, all I know is mine hasn't crashed once and I love having it.

And on Windows, I know how you feel CC, my brother just deleted a legitimate Windows Javascript file just because he got an email from some guy he doesn't know telling him it's a virus. 10 seconds on google and I find out it was a hoax. Sigh... now some Java applets won't open in IE anymore. Ah well, this thing needs a reformat anyway, my dad's installed too much useless junk.

11. Jerece Hunters Dumlupinar Registered Senior Member

Ps v2

Ps 2 is the best one because of the reasons given [i aggree to my friends opinions]

12. rickybird Registered Member

Gamecube is better than all o them but in diss I have to say PS2 is way better den de x box cos x box is like a damn cofee machine like a damn helicopter pad

13. man_of_jade Psychic person Registered Senior Member

xbox!

#1, halo
    #2, Xbox live
    #3, Halo 2 comin out next year with xbox live support

although the xbox does have some disadvantages, such as FREAKISHLY HUGE CONTROLLERS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.