UFOs (UAPs): Explanations?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

You assume too much, me thinks. Do you care if ants are plotting or even enacting their own world war? What if the aliens have a version of the prime directive, such that they can't get involved with us, no matter whether we go all nuclear on each other.
    No, we can not - or at least should not - make any assumptions as to the motives or interests of an alien species. Judging an alien's motives by what we, humans, think/believe is, I believe, to misunderstand just how applicable the term "alien" is to them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

foghorn likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I think it's more logical to assume they don't want to destroy the planet they have traveled all that way to explore and study.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Coud be they have been here a long time an turned earth into a zoo about a million years ago

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Magical Realist likes this.
  8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“The Earth is a farm. We are someone else's property.”
    ― Charles Fort

9. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Frozen in a time bubble? You just have to have an OPEN mind about these things.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Maybe there not hungry, yet.

Maybe I'm more related to a Siberian Tiger stalking me as prey than them.

11. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

It's not the first time this phenomenon has been witnessed. Apparently something similar occurred in Malaysia:

Then there was one in Colombia: https://www.indiatimes.com/trending/wtf/motionless-bird-mid-air-video-viral-518151.html

And another here:

Looks eerie, and clearly a sign that the Matrix has glitched.

12. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

I don't think they would want to destroy the planet, but would they want to stop us from doing so? Maybe they need a highly radioactive ecosystem to live in. Maybe they see us as a threat and will be happy that we never become space-faring. Who knows. Aliens are, well, alien.

Magical Realist likes this.
  13. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Mybold

''All that way''
    It may be no distance at all for extra dimensional entities which just pop up now and again for their own reasons.
    Then again, they maybe here all the time and for their own reasons just sample the '' Only four dimensional experience'', which gets the native four dimensional inhabitants puzzled by what their seeing?
    I'll let you expand on this theme.

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Penetrating the veil between dimensions may require a more advanced technology/science than what might be required for intersteller travel imo..

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

This is a well-documented and unexplained phenomena that has been witnessed by seafarers for centuries. It relates to some uaps also being usos(unidentified submerged objects) and supports the general thesis of an intelligent and non-human presence on our planet.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2004/apr/01/farout

"It's often said that we know outer space better than the depths of our own oceans. Certainly they're home to some little-understood natural phenomena, of which none is more dazzling than the lightwheels.

These spectacular submarine lightshows range in size from a few metres across to filling the entire visible ocean with phosphorescent colour. They take many forms: long, straight bands stretching across the horizon; simple rings and ellipses; concentric circles that pulsate from a brightly glowing centre; and curving, spoked wheels which rotate, sometimes at dizzying speeds. The displays can last a few minutes or several hours, with numerous patterns appearing in sequence, or even simultaneously..."

"....Some have connected the pulsating signal-like patterns to the communications devices on ships and submarines, but lightwheel reports pre-date radar and sonar, even radio. Others have attributed the patterns to whale communication, tectonic movement, geomagnetic pulses from the earth's core or, more fancifully, to the beacons of a great submarine civilisation. We can guess, but we just don't know. Awe-inspiring and beautiful, unfilmed and unphotographed, the lightwheels remain an unfathomable mystery."

Further information and eyewitness reports:

http://www.cropcircleanswers.com/marinelightwheels.htm

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Oops! MR, you "accidentally" dropped a paragraph when you copied the entire the article verbatim! What rotten luck you have!

Here, I'll help.

"Ordinary bioluminescent surface phenomena are seen most often in warmer waters like the Persian Gulf, the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea. Generally occurring between March and June, they consist of millions of micro-organisms and larger plankton that drift near the ocean surface. These micro-organisms glow when shaken or disturbed, lighting up the wakes and bow waves of ships, or the crests of waves, sometimes forming great milky blankets over the sea. Less common are balls of light and long worm-like shapes seen glowing underwater, as described by Thor Heyerdahl on his 1947 Kon-Tiki voyage; these have been attributed to shoals or large single fish moving among the luminous organisms."

(Yeah, cuz that's not trolling, no.)

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

There's no evidence that any other dimensions exist - other than the one's we're already familiar with, I mean - so there's not much point worrying about penetrating any veils yet.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Are you planning on declaring that underwater "lightwheels" can't possibly be due to bioluminescence, Magical Realist?

I hope not.

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

We can't know the motives of the aliens. It could be that they really want to hide. Or it could that they really want to communicate with us. What's really surprising is that they've done such an awful job of both of those things.

I mean, if they want to communicate with us, there must be easier ways than mutilating a few cows in out of the way places and kidnapping some unreliable human beings to probe them and re-release them back to their communities with wild stories that no sane person is going to believe. I can think of a few approaches that ought to make for more effective communication than that.

On the other hand, if they want to hide from us, and they have all this amazing cloaking technology and stuff that Magical Realist keeps insisting they have, then why do we keep spotting their spaceships regularly?

At the very least, they could fly their super-advanced tic tac craft in such a way that they wouldn't so obviously defy the laws of physics. They could even try camoflaging them. Perhaps painting them to make them look more like human aircraft, or whales, or something would help to hide them better.

And what's with all the bright lights? They must surely know that bright lights in the night sky only attact attention. Some advice: if you guys really want to hide, turn off your lights! They are a dead give-away. If you leave the lights on, people will think you're stupid! Might as well hang a banner from your tic tac with the words "Look at me!"

Sheesh!

20. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Don't limit yourself MR. Why this talk of technology? Maybe there are entities that have evolved naturally to be ''where'' they want when they want??

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..bioluminescent plankton don't have the intelligence to form vast moving circular wheel patterns in the ocean. Is that what you are claiming?

"Reports of “Marine Lightwheels”, or “Submarine Lightwheels”, have been recorded by mariners for more than a hundred years, and one source states that they are also mentioned in ancient Indian literature. Almost exclusively seen in the waters of the Indian Ocean, the Persian Gulf, and the South China Sea, but also reported in the Gulf of Mexico and off Western Australia. All in close proximity to the latitude of 19.5 degrees. A fact I find very interesting.

There are hundreds of reports on record describing these gigantic rotating rimless wheels of light, seen on or just under the surface of the water, though there are also a few reports of the phenomenon appearing aerially just above the water’s surface. While the source of the light itself has been attributed to the bioluminescent marine organisms, or Noctiluca miliaris (plankton), present in profusion in these waters, what is it that is stimulating them to produce the vast and complex geometrical displays that have been reported?"--- http://www.cropcircleanswers.com/marinelightwheels.htm

22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Who said anything about intelligence? I mean other than you. Is that just an unspoken assumption on your part?

Nature's pretty good at forming large geometrical patterns without any help from intelligence - or even life.

C C likes this.
  23. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Nor does water, right? But if something falls into a pool of it, you end up with a circular pattern of it...

Then you have whirlpools... another circular, and this time moving (rather than just the surface moving up and down), water phenomenon:

My point is not that these explain the circular patterns of light in the water, but that you don't necessarily need anything intelligent for nature to produce some fairly interesting phenomena.

C C likes this.