There is one phrase that keeps us all alive

M0OSE

Registered Member
Those who can’t should not attempt.

that is in no way to say to all not to try. It is just to know oneself and one’s own condition.

it is a double edged bit of information that if you are both quick and patient in a delivery you have more chances to succeed.

And that phrase is, "look out!". That phrase has saved millions of lives over the years.

Those who can’t should not attempt.
I think that was the motto of the "Croods" the cavefamily that refused to evolve.

They chanted it along with "Never Not be Afraid" and "All Change is Bad".

A simpler way of saying this is: if humankind lived by the motto of "Those who can’t should not attempt." we would still be living in caves.

There is a pronouncement that some may see as rather cliche but I like it. It is a sort existential grounding of oneself in reality again and getting out of your headspace:

"It is what it is."

Well the needle certainly has to move at some point. Even if it happens to be quite slow and without any forethought.

Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate.-Neitzsche

Your brain might overheat :)

I don’t tell people what to do or how to think. I just provide information.
Not sure what information(information about your opinion?) you have shared.

Most of us have likely learned that we need to cultivate our stronger aptitudes if we wish to be successful in particular fields.

How that is uniquely advantageous to a successful life escapes me .

I am sure there are equally potent approaches to life that would be useful.

I can think of one or two but will not burden the assembled audience with the fruits of my experience..

Good luck with your "information sharing" -a giver not a taker ,I see.

I couldn't skydive at first. Then I did, although I screwed up a lot. Now I hold three world records in skydiving.

Those who can't should attempt - and work until they can.
I wish I could live like that. With an achievable purpose that is not burdensome.

Back