The Post Whatever Thread

^^ We often don't see others as they are, we see them as we are. I remember a few years ago, one of my friends who is a self-proclaimed Buddhist, shared a good ''technique'' in how to just listen, without responding, during conversations. Listen as though you're just an observer, and not even really ''in'' the conversation. I suppose we could apply that here on a forum, but then there'd only be one post, from individual thread OP's. lol

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/articl...-actually-help-workers-stay-happy-and-healthy

p09b76p4.webp

Sitting outside on this warm spring day (feels like a hot summer day actually) listening to music and catching up on forum threads. It’s like you’re all here with me. ;)

Last edited:
Sitting outside on this warm spring day (feels like a hot summer day actually) listening to music and catching up on forum threads. It’s like you’re all here with me. ;)
Er, including Theorist and Dennis Tate? Is that a good thing? :confused:

With all this NDE going about I thought I might as well tell you mine.
Well, when I was young and playing in an old derelict house, I remember a wall coming down on me and I thought ''is this how I go?''
I fell to the floor when the wall 'bent' around me... It was only all the wallpaper on that wall coming away from the plaster as one large wall size sheet. My mates could not stop laughing at that for hours. But, I can never forget that thought of ''Is this how I go?''

I've had those "Is this how I go" situations but that has nothing to do the NDEs being talked about here. Those have to do with low oxygen induced experiences.

I've had those "Is this how I go" situations but that has nothing to do the NDEs being talked about here. Those have to do with low oxygen induced experiences.
You can't be serious. That's why I put it in this thread and not the other threads. You seriously pedantic apple.

You can't be serious. That's why I put it in this thread and not the other threads. You seriously pedantic apple.
I'm serious. Did your IQ suddenly go up and did you learn of the Multi-verse Theory of the Universe? For me I was just relived that that wasn't how it was going to end.

I'm serious. Did your IQ suddenly go up and did you learn of the Multi-verse Theory of the Universe? For me I was just relived that that wasn't how it was going to end.
Well, I didn't like to say in my other post #1892, that when this wall of paper was wrapping around my back when I fell to my hands and knees, I did have another thought.. ''Am I going to miss Star Trek tonight?'' You got to admit that was sort of spacey wasn't it?

Last edited:
great movie fantastic design and creative props and mechanics

do Americans have a word for "cheesy" (a nature of content of perceptual narrative personality matrix) ?
i recall the movie having 2 moments in it which appeared to be momentarily cheesy to me
then i realized Americans have no word for that.
(it was likely a mix of my memory's from the previous time i watched the movie & who i was watching with & what the part in the movie was & other feelings at that moment colliding)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cheesy
cheesy unsubtle, and inauthentic.
Specifically that which is unsubtle or inauthentic in its way of trying to elicit a certain response from a viewer, listener, audience, etc. Celine Dion is cheesy because her lyrics, timbre, key changes, and swelling orchestral accompaniment telegraph 'i want you to be moved' instead of moving you. Gold chains on an exposed hairy chest are cheesy because they shout out: "I have money and I am manly" instead of impressing a woman in a more subtle way, or allowing a woman to form her own judgments. The excessive showing off suggests he's compensating for what he does not have--i.e., he's actually poor, insecure, or short with an inferiority complex. Cliches are often cheesy because they are an obvious and artless way of making a point. A movie might be cheesy if it contains 'on the nose' dialogue, like "I can't live without you" or "You had me at hello."
Cheesiness is subjective. What seems cheesy to me, may be a legitimate and attractive hairstyle to you. What seems cheesy to me, may cause you to weep and hug your girlfriend tight.
by redhen February 07, 2007

Back