Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Dune

Votes: 50 7.8%
  • Stargate

Votes: 36 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Culture ARE the masters of reverse engineering. So, if any ship gets near their vicinity, then it's over.

And that's why competent Irkens use inter-galactic range transporters to steal their tech and study and start using it on their ships in another galaxy before invading. Now the Irkens are impossible to beat short of the Sublime in the Culture-verse.

Also, the Xeelee are way behind on inter-universal transport tech next to the Jjaro who can implant such a device in human size objects from what I continue to read about them.:p

Xeelee are only like that because in the Xeeleeverse, like in real life, you require a fair amount of power. Besides, Stephen required a purpose for the Xeelee, why not try to a build a Great Attractor that takes you to other universes? It was all WiS.

And that's why competent Irkens use inter-galactic range transporters to steal their tech and study and start using it on their ships in another galaxy before invading. Now the Irkens are impossible to beat short of the Sublime in the Culture-verse.

First, they'd try to invade the Culture because they wouldn't know how powerful they are and would be massacred and have all their tech reverse engineered, now you have Culture destroying galaxies in microseconds and create Orbitals the size of dwarf galaxies. Is that what you had in mind? Add in Culture have shields as well as teleportation of their own... I doubt Irkens could teleport their ships at all.

Xeelee are only like that because in the Xeeleeverse, like in real life, you require a fair amount of power. Besides, Stephen required a purpose for the Xeelee, why not try to a build a Great Attractor that takes you to other universes? It was all WiS.

I was just being funny that they were behind the race their suppose to be beating, that is what this ":p" was for.:p

First, they'd try to invade the Culture because they wouldn't know how powerful they are and would be massacred and have all their tech reverse engineered, now you have Culture destroying galaxies in microseconds and create Orbitals the size of dwarf galaxies. Is that what you had in mind? Add in Culture have shields as well as teleportation of their own... I doubt Irkens could teleport their ships at all.

Except for the problem that competent Irkens are not foolish enough to invade without intel, and thanks to the fact they can view anything in normal space from another galaxy live such as a single Irken Invader on another planet as seen in "Planet Jackers" they can just set back and watch for a bit. From there the Irkens can easily use their inter-galactic range transporters to start beaming out Effectors, the Girdfire firing thingies and Culture Hyperdrive and such. And on shields it would seem that Irken transporters are not blocked by shields given what we see in Backseat Drivers and "The Most Horrible X-mas Ever".

Except they would have no idea what armaments the Culture have, and would attack before. Losing and having their tech destroyed. Besides, the Culture can shoot Gridfire inside enemy ships. Stop using stupid excuses. Culture can also *detect* it and go into Hyperspace if it's a problem. Want to get your ass kicked like you did with Xeelee and Doctor Who?

I was just being funny that they were behind the race their suppose to be beating, that is what this "" was for.

Good thing Xeelee survive the end of the universe and go back to the beginning of it, so normal Xeelee are as tough as this "Super Dreadnought", and don't deny it because Xeelee live in a time loop.

Except they would have no idea what armaments the Culture have, and would attack before.

So the Competent Irkens would attack without intel despite being competent... because you said so? The Irkens can easily set back in another galaxy and watch the Culture and other powers and transporter their tech out of them when their in normal space to study and learn to use against them.

Losing and having their tech destroyed. Besides, the Culture can shoot Gridfire inside enemy ships. Stop using stupid excuses. Culture can also *detect* it and go into Hyperspace if it's a problem. Want to get your ass kicked like you did with Xeelee and Doctor Who?

What stupid excuses am I using? I assuming that being competent the Irkens will not act like idiots and just try and overrun the galaxy without at least gaining enough intel and basic tech to level the playing field agains the Culture and later the higher up races in their galaxy.

Good thing Xeelee survive the end of the universe and go back to the beginning of it, so normal Xeelee are as tough as this "Super Dreadnought", and don't deny it because Xeelee live in a time loop.

Problem with that is the Xeelee survived a different end of the universe than the Jjaro Dreadnought given the Photion Birds want it to be so the universe doesn't fall back in on it's self in a Big Crunch and go on forever. Surviving the Big Crunch is far more impressive than going to heat death of the universe and then going back to the begining. After all, we see at the very last instant before the end when everything is in a space no large than a electron and its still intact and operating. Plus Durandal having multiple thoughts in this time which makes a Culture Mind look like its frozen in place.

And could you debate on my new thread? This is a waste.

Hm, which one? I already now the Forerunners go splat against the Culture easily.

So the Competent Irkens would attack without intel despite being competent... because you said so? The Irkens can easily set back in another galaxy and watch the Culture and other powers and transporter their tech out of them when their in normal space to study and learn to use against them.

Well, they aren't going to really see anything because all ships are either moving around microseconds or in hyperspace, maybe they would invade because they see nothing of use, except Orbitals that are obviously defended enough to not be sucked into black holes from enemy ships.

What stupid excuses am I using? I assuming that being competent the Irkens will not act like idiots and just try and overrun the galaxy without at least gaining enough intel and basic tech to level the playing field agains the Culture and later the higher up races in their galaxy.

No, the fact you're assuming they can steal from a far more advanced alien. It's plausible that the Minds are the only reason the weapons work, because they control it mentally, and they can't take the Mind, now can they? If they try to steal the ship they'd be destroyed in microseconds.

Problem with that is the Xeelee survived a different end of the universe than the Jjaro Dreadnought given the Photion Birds want it to be so the universe doesn't fall back in on it's self in a Big Crunch and go on forever. Surviving the Big Crunch is far more impressive than going to heat death of the universe and then going back to the begining. After all, we see at the very last instant before the end when everything is in a space no large than a electron and its still intact and operating. Plus Durandal having multiple thoughts in this time which makes a Culture Mind look like its frozen in place.

Well, you can't live during the Big Bang if you aren't omnipotent, can you? You have to survive in the modern universe. The Xeelee could survive the Heat Death and go back to the beginning of it, BUT, the Photino would destroy the beginning of the universe and the Xeelee would have nothing. They would be floating in dead space. They can't time travel back because it has been destroyed too. So, they had to escape that fate.

Hm, which one? I already now the Forerunners go splat against the Culture easily.

I meant debate there.

Oh Em Gee Fail Thread Is Fail...

Can we PLEASE leave the omnipotent shit out of it? It really takes the point out of all this...

I was thinking the same thing... what the entire HELL happened to this topic since I was away? :eek:

But of course, if ricrery's frequenting this place, its bound to go to shit every other week. :shrug:

Oh Em Gee Fail Thread Is Fail...

Can we PLEASE leave the omnipotent shit out of it? It really takes the point out of all this...

*Shrugs* The Jjaro use technology and trapped near omnipotents on Q levels. Given they are not omnipotents I see no reason why they can't be used, at less the Xeelee can be knocked down by them given they easily control multiple universes in a shorter time then the Xeelee and make reality their play thing from what little info we have abou them. Hell, their low end showing are mostly by races using poor knock off of their tech. Besides, you brought in the reality warping ship first!:D

Oh wait, my Bullshit Detector is tingling.

bullshit_detector4.jpg

Better stop breathing and walk away, but seriously, that felt like a good time to use the gag.

I never knew Culture, Xeelee, Irkens and all that are Star Wars or Star Trek. I learn something new every day ( sarcasm )

It is a part of the poll, that doesn't mean it is the topic of the thread.

Star Wars vs. Star Trek (part 2)

Well the poll system is corrupt, because one of the votes steamrolls all. Besides, I have made my point that people aren't listening to.

Ricery, maybe nobody is listening because you haven't actually said anything... for someone who speaks as much as you do, you say very little of substance...

Oh wait, my Bullshit Detector is tingling.

bullshit_detector4.jpg

Better stop breathing and walk away, but seriously, that felt like a good time to use the gag.

It IS a wonderful gag, indeed.

But I dont bullshit OR wank, I'm not a troll, and you can STFU with trying to attack a person's credibility just because their opinion or logic differs from yours. I believe you probably have a forum term for THAT behavior so I suggest you study it and incorporate it into character.
:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back