SciForums Is Private Property, Infomration Is Alterable & Deletabl

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by superstring01, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

You're an abusive moderator! Oppressing the poor individuals!

~String

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sniffy Banned Banned

String.

I asked two simple questions (well a couple more actually but meh). The moderators/administrators here proved themselves totally incapable of answering those simple questions. They tried to read something in them that just wasn't there.

Care to look in the thread where this issue originally came up? All posts have been deleted regarding this conversation.

By the moderator of Free Thoughts. It's so funny don't you think?

But in all honesty you've said more than enough.

LOL.

Inconsequential.

Define it for me would you?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I know! :bawl:

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They are not deleted, I moved them. There were ever so slightly off-topic, don't you think?

9. sniffy Banned Banned

Did you remove all the off topic threads then?

10. sniffy Banned Banned

Move em here then and they will be right on topic.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I removed the worst ones, meaning the discussion between you and String, plus a couple more that were posted after I asked everyone to stop being off-topic.
    If you don't like it you can take it up with the admin. And that's the last thing I'll say about it.

12. sniffy Banned Banned

13. sniffy Banned Banned

Thanks that's all I ever asked. So now I know I won't be bothering with any thread that has a poll attached. Not that I ever did. If you care to check.

I read them. Thanks anyway.

PMs too?

You don't know what guns blazing means?

You decided to exhibit your forum prowess and when it went pear shaped.

Well here you are.

14. superstring01 Moderator

Okay. Re-ask the questions.

I can't, it's outside my moderator purview.

I believe he moved the posts. Let's see. . .

Look here: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=96966

Well, he's the moderator and is free to change the forum as he sees fit (within the guidelines that Plazma has established for us).

But, it looks like he just moved 'em.

My original post should have been enough. Sorry it took you so long to catch on.

Well, for starters, acting like a little crybaby because you failed to understand the nature of this private website, failed to read the terms & conditions and failed to grasp the fact that--shit--it's JUST a website, I'm afraid that even the simplest definition wouldn't help you out.

I suggest: LivePerson. They may be able to help.

~String

15. sniffy Banned Banned

Gee string. You are a really nice person. You know.

16. superstring01 Moderator

I don't care to check. I'm enjoying myself too much right here.

Not by me, but I'm assuming that Plazma, James and Stryder can access them. Don't assume that ANYTHING here is confidential. I don't. Though, based on the history of the Admins here, they've never accessed (as far as I know) anybody's PM's. But there may be a legal requirement for them to have access (if, say, law enforcement requested information as part of an investigation). This is speculation, because I've never cared enough to ask. If I want a private conversation, I call or email a person.

All in. Full throttle. Full steam ahead. With gusto. Passionately.

Part of my "guns" would, I guess, include the banning part. Not that you've done anything worthy of banning. But, you get the picture.

I exercised zero mod privileges. Right now, I'm just a fellow member, debating a fellow member.

~String

17. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

it is not a private websight... I casn read everything with out being logged in...

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Privately owned/run.

19. superstring01 Moderator

I can be. Stop acting like a crybaby and I'll be real nice.

Put good in. Get good out.

Remember, you're the one who got upset over, essentially, nothing. It's not like your five years here have been altered or deleted by any mod. Nobody is actually messing with the polls. The site administration probably would look down on that. All I'm saying is that (a) you should recognize where you are and (b) not get too invested in what goes on here.

I care. I'm invested. But if Sciforums and all my posts were to suddenly vanish, I'd move on and find another place. Hopefully I'd come across the people here I liked (I have most of their emails), but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

~String

20. superstring01 Moderator

:::sigh:::

Restaurant analogy again.

My aunt Maggie owns a German restaurant. It's her property. It's private. She can kick people out whenever she wants. She can take possession of whatever she wants. She can alter the information in the restaurant, change the wall paper or menu as she desires. This can all happen, even though she's open to the public.

It's still private. Public means that the PUBLIC has some influence or control over it. Sciforums is privately owned and run. It is open for public use, but everything in it is private property and can be deleted and altered at will.

~String

21. sniffy Banned Banned

22. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

As everyone reads and replys and just goes about with their daily posting.. you hit submit after a long post, just to get an error messages saying the sight has been closed down....

23. superstring01 Moderator

I answered all your questions. You got upset. I can quote your various posts if you like.

It was part of a larger point which you missed. "Guns blazing" would mean "with everything I've got". In my case, it includes the limited ability to ban. This would, of course, be abuse, but it's still there. The point was, I am debating you and having a good time doing it.

Read back. This is a two-person tango you and I have!

Since it's not done except to add appropriate content (extra voting options) or except upon the original poster's request, I think you have nothing to fear. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

Why should you be? That is the predominate opinion of most mods, IMHO. And of the admins. AFAIK, no mod has willy-nilly screwed with the polls on account of: (1) good supervision by the admins, (2) strong moral inclination against such behavior and (3) total lack of desire to do so.

Well, that debate for another time.

I have an account. I've never actually "tweeted" on it, but it's fun to read the stupid things that Sarah Palin, Peter Andre and a host of other idiots have to say.

~String