Request for Input - SubForums and Mission Statement

Should the non-science sub-forums be rearranged / changed?

• Yes - Condense The Fringe to one sub-forum, including Religion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Eliminate The Fringe entirely (combine with The Cesspool), this is a Science site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are absolutely right but even though, i've assessed one would have to be a generally mean hearted, disgusting or evil human being to not like the topics in the fringe subforum.

Or, perhaps, they just want actual, reliable, tangible evidence before they believe in extraordinary claims...

it is very clear that it's really me and MR at this point who had any real interest in the fringe. that is not enough members to warrant a subforum.

Good pont... i changed my vote to Yes - Eliminate The Fringe and Religion entirely (combine both with The Cesspool)

It seems to be the easiest an most likely way to get back to civil behavior plus less work load for the Mods.!!!

you are absolutely right but even though, i've assessed one would have to be a generally mean hearted, disgusting or evil human being to not like the topics in the fringe subforum. its not just the lack of scientific evidence bs that's been the mantra, it's more than that. you can tell it's also because it's not mainstream interest. in other words, it's like your typical oprah watching suburban housewife or schmo who thinks he's better because his interests are never 'wacky' as in out there, so not weird. so that means you and the majority of the members here are pretty much the real nasty jerks, no matter how polite you may try to appear online.

it's like most of my neighbors in this middle to upper-middle class condominum complex and how they discuss bonnie raitt or mariah carey or what concert they went to, how many margaritas they drank or their job or what mainstream tv show they watched etc and think they are so interesting but are obnoxiously boring as hell as they are crass too, even though they are your typical conventional nod to some fundamental religion such as raised catholic etc in their level of assuming that shit is the bomb as well as their shit don't stink. nothing 'out there' or you are the fringe or wacky. they are the important ones that count. they are shit and no better!
Maybe you don't like people so much....:)

please hypocrite who believes in the flying spagetti monster.

Kindly show where I have said I "believe in the flying spaghetti monster", or is this just more attempted slander?

I change my vote to Leave things as they are an trust that James R knows whats best for Sciforums.!!!

Basically, the question boils down to "What, precisely, is SciForums meant to be?" So, what do you think this site should be about?

Just because people who like to use the word science happen to be not smart enough to handle subjects like literature and history does not mean that poll will ever be a good idea.

Just because people who like to use the word science happen to be not smart enough to handle subjects like literature and history does not mean that poll will ever be a good idea.

*shrug* James is the one that said it should be put to the membership, Tiassa.

Just because people, who like to use the word science, happen to not be smart enough to handle subjects like literature and history doesn't mean that a poll will ever be a good idea.

That reads better, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back