Quotes to remember

"Mortality is the great rescuer, it finally takes you out of everything, and that makes life good, you know? Read Carl Jung. It makes life richer because this is it; none of us know where we go and this is the fun of it."---Anthony Hopkins

“There is a cosmic “entanglement” between every atom of our body and atoms that are light-years distant. Since all matter came from a single explosion, the big bang, in some sense the atoms of our body are linked with some atoms on the other side of the universe in some kind of cosmic quantum web. Entangled particles are somewhat like twins still joined by an umbilical cord (their wave function) which can be light-years across. What happens to one member automatically affects the other, and hence knowledge concerning one particle can instantly reveal knowledge about its pair. Entangled pairs act as if they were a single object, although they may be separated by a large distance.”
― Michio Kaku, Parallel Worlds: A Journey through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos

"The ordinary miracles begin. Somewhere
a signal arrives: “Now,” and the rays
come down. A tomorrow has come. Open
your hands, lift them: morning rings
all the doorbells;"---William Stafford

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."
- Groucho Marx

“You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves."---Mary Oliver

"There's a whole journalistic-industrial complex dedicated to keeping newsprint, TV screens and radio waves clean of destabilizing scoops damaging to corporations or the state."
- Alexander Cockburn, journalist

I was out salting the driveway---minus 16C
and a guy came by walking his dog
and queried
"Cold enough for you?"

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars and see yourself running with them.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

''Some people will tell you there is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

No, it’s spelled correctly. Having a hot cup of tea can bring about feelings and emotions. Maybe you’re being sarcastic, I’m not sure. lol
Thought he meant the smell of a chest of tea.

Can be evocative of the place of origin and be a sensual experience in itself.

Probably gets the smell of the wood in the tea chest

Put's me in mind of Proust's tome and impossibly lengthy reads.

Yes Michael was being funny.

Last edited:
Thought he meant the smell of a chest of tea.

Can be evocative of the place of origin and be a sensual experience in itself.

Probably get the smell of the wood tea.

Put's me in mind of Proust's tome and impossibly lengthy reads.

Yes Michael was being funny.
Could be - when he speaks of poetry, it gives me the sense that he becomes sentimental over tea.

That quote resonates with me in that my grandmother had viewed tea much like that.

Could be - when he speaks of poetry, it gives me the sense that he becomes sentimental over tea.

That quote resonates with me in that my grandmother had viewed tea much like that.
I always found tea gave you a bigger hit than coffee

,(had to edit my previous post - those autocomplete things that write your words for you without you noticing are really annoying)

''Some people will tell you there is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
My bold↑
Having a hot cup of tea can bring about feelings and emotions.
I would take the tea out of the chest first before brewing up. Otherwise you may be having the wrong kind of '' feelings and emotions.''
A distinctly woody flavour.

Back