Quotes to remember

wegs

Matter and Pixie Dust
Valued Senior Member
cPxm58t.jpg

Post some, if you like. :smile:

“If the day and the night are such that you greet them with joy, and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet-scented herbs, is more elastic, more starry, more immortal—that is your success.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden

“We cast a shadow on something wherever we stand, and it is no good moving from place to place to save things; because the shadow always follows. Choose a place where you won't do harm - yes, choose a place where you won't do very much harm, and stand in it for all you are worth, facing the sunshine.”
― E.M. Forster, A Room with a View

“Consider it: every person you have ever met, every person will suffer the loss of his friends and family. All are going to lose everything they love in this world. Why would one want to be anything but kind to them in the meantime?”
― Sam Harris, The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason

Nice quotes, MR! Even though I dislike Sam Harris, that's a good quote. ^_^

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic -- the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone.”
― Charles de Lint

“You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I guess we’re all huntin’ like everybody else for a way the diligent and sensible can rise to the top and the lazy and quarrelsome sink to the bottom. But it ain’t easy to find. Meantime, we do all we can to take care of those who can’t help themselves, and those that can we leave alone." - Thorton Wilder (Our Town)

“You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
This!

That is a gem and I may find it useful as a reply to those who love to fight on here. lol

I believe we suffer because were bigoted over hate and anger, and only you can save your self (end you bigotry).

“You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes a day, unless you are too busy, then you should sit for an hour.” ~Ancient Zen proverb
Not exactly meditation, but have been researching and dealing with various threads with a ear only tuned to the TV for a few hours

So much so only listening the automatic shut down cut in because was not looking at the screen so missed the notice had not pressed a button on remote

Message does not say but I guess the programmers of the shut down are thinking "Fell asleep = Turn TV off as clearly not watching"

")

Back