Quotes to remember

"Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of ‘not knowing.”
― Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves

Mark_Z._Danielewski_with_hat_and_cat.jpg

Last edited:
“I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.”
― Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy

“Idiots will rule the world, not because they’re capable, but because they are many”. — Nélson Rodrigues, Brazilian journalist, playwright and novelist.

:)

“Perhaps we should not be too surprised that nature sometimes appears counterintuitive to a tribe of observant, carbon-based ape descendants roaming around on the surface of a rocky world orbiting an unremarkable middle-aged star at the outer edge of the Milky Way galaxy.”
― Brian Cox Jeff Forshaw, Why Does E=mc²?

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”
― Max Planck

“There is no meaning to space that is independent of the relationships among real things of the world. [...] Space is nothing apart from the things that exist. [...] If we take out all the words we are not left with an empty sentence, we are left with nothing.”
― Lee Smolin, Three Roads To Quantum Gravity

"This Act [the Federal Reserve Act, Dec. 23rd 1913] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President [Woodrow Wilson] signs the Bill, the invisible government of the Monetary Power will be legalized ... The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency Bill."
- Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh, Sr.

“Coffee is a lot more than just a drink; it’s something happening. Not as in hip, but like an event, a place to be, but not like a location, but like somewhere within yourself. It gives you time, but not actual hours or minutes, but a chance to be, like be yourself, and have a second cup”
― Gertrude Stein, Selected Writings

69625066_794857400951143_1478905832996339712_n.jpg

Last edited:
“Step off assuredly into the blank of your own mind. Something will come to you. Although at first You nod through nothing like a fogbound prow, Gravel will breed in the margins of your gaze”
― Richard Wilbur

240106754_1345235332580011_1468740076996109372_n.jpg

Last edited:
“May what I do flow from me like a river, no forcing and no holding back, the way it is with children.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke

241049275_1345920532511491_3368526585514698399_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back