Open Debate: Evolution.

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Muslim, Jun 18, 2006.

1. dyrW Registered Member

thanx

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

To be honest, I am not well read about evolution; so, no idea

Lets stick to evolution; religion is in a different forum.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

That is a prophecy, Mohamed said that time, will come when the whole world will sit around as sitting around a table and plot the destruction of Islam. And the Christians will kill over 1.8 billion Muslims, only about a 100 devout Muslims will survive. So I want this war to continue I want the Christians to attack Iran maybe use nukes and that. So then we cam meet our creator much faster. The final victory will be to the god fearing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What crap!!

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Well, at least we can agree the Quran did not explain anything about evolution or how life began, other than creationism directly from Allah.

Ok. But, the topic of religion will rear its head from time to time when discussing evolution.

9. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

How is it crap its the truth? what kind of a Muslim are you?

Here: http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/Majorsigns.html

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And the shoving of your person off the end of a short pier won't?

11. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

shut up

12. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Losing hope of entering these holy places, Dajjal will turn towards Syria. Imaam Mahdi will already have arranged a Muslim army and will be on the verge of leading the Muslims in morning prayer when Prophet Jesus will descend and Kill the Dajjal. (Usamah / Ibne Majah)

Brief History of Prophet Jesus
    Due to the fact that the Jews had become deaf and blind to the words of God and deviated from the teachings of Moses and the right path, Allah honoured Jesus with Prophethood and sent him as a messenger to the children of Israel. Bearing all hardships Prophet Jesus spent all day and night conveying the message of Allah. Unfortunately, in spite of his tremendous effort the children of Israel did not respond and accept the message. Seeing that the poor and weak were becoming inclined towards him and fearing they would lose their leadership the Jews secretly tried to kill him. However Allah saved Prophet Jesus from their wicked scheme and gave him greater dignity by raising him alive to the heavens.

Allah says in the Quran, "They did not kill him and nor did they crucify him but the resemblance of him (Jesus ) was put over another man and those who differ there in, are in doubt. They have no certain knowledge. They are following nothing but conjecture for surely they did not kill him but Allah raised him up to him." (Surah Nisa)

Allah says in the Quran "When Allah says, Jesus; I will take thee to me and I will purify thee of the unbelievers" (Surah A'li-Imran)

These verses clearly prove that the Jews did not kill Prophet Jesus and that he was raised alive to the heavens. It is due to verses like those mentioned above and many authentic Ahadith we Muslims believe that Prophet Jesus is alive in heaven at this moment in time. We further believe due to the following verses and authentic Ahadith that Prophet Jesus will return before Qiyamah and his return is a major sign of Qiyamah.
    Allah says in the Quran, "And he (son of Mary) shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the hour." (Surah Zukhruf)
    Ibne Abbas has said that the meaning of this verse is that Prophet Jesus's descent before Qiyamah is a sign of Qiyamah. (Ibne Abbas/ Musnad)

Allah says, "There is not a single section of the people of the book that will certainly believe in Jesus before his death and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them." (Surah Nisa) This verse clearly indicates that before the demise of Prophet Jesus everyone from the people of the book will believe in him. The Jews will disappear as Jews after his demise but at the present the Jews are very much there. The conclusion is clear that the Prophet Jesus has not died; if so all the Jews would have become believers, which they have not. He will return before Qiyamah and it is then that all the people of the book will believe in him.

Jabir (R.A) reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "A party of my followers will not cease to fight for victory until the Day of Resurrection. He said, then Jesus, son of Mary, will come down. Their Imaam will say, "Come and lead our prayer" He will reply, "Some of you are rulers over others on account of divine honour upon these people." (Muslim)

Abu Huraira (R.A) reported that the Messenger of Allah said, "By the one whose hands my life is in, surely the son of Maryam() will descend amongst you as a just ruler. He will destroy the cross, kill the swine and abolish the tax." (Bukhari)

Hadrat Hudaifah-b-Osaid reported: The Holy Prophet suddenly came to us while we were talking. He asked, "What are you talking about?" They replied "We were talking about the last hour." Prophet (s) said, "It will never come until you see ten signs before it," He then mentioned the Smoke, the Dajjal, the Beast, the Rising of the Sun in its place of setting, the Descent of Jesus son of Mary and Yajuj and Ma'juj. (Muslim)

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

14. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

So you're saying my dad doesn't know what he is talking about?

any I have read the Quran.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The crap is in presuming that the war in Iraq is a sign of judgement Day

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who's we? Are there 2 of you?

Anyway, like I've been saying ad nauseum, I have not kept up with the whole evolution vs creatinism ( not to mention abiogenesis ), so I'm not equipped to discuss this.

As for religion, well you consider it BS which must be "exposed", so you and I are never going to even begin to have a conversation without it deteriorating into a slanging match. I've looked at your other postings and it seems to me that although you are intelligent and articulate, your choice of words is aimed at getting a "reaction". You will have to do better than that if you want to interact with me.

17. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Well it's obvious, she's the kind that uses her brain.

Godless

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

So first evolution is ok, then you should be hung for it, then evolution is ok...

Make up your mind.

19. scibetel Registered Senior Member

Muslim, you said: "Muslims don't have a problem with evolution."

Any religious person should have a lot of problems with evolution if he thoroughly understood it.

It is a blind, vicious, godless, directionless process.
    You can't have it both ways.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Does that mean you agree with Allah that he alone created everything in the universe?

But, your personal belief must be whatever the Quran dictates, right?

Seems to me that you don't wish to have the contradictions, deceptions and fabrications that make up the Quran and Muhammad exposed?

The slanging match would only happen if you were the one initiating it.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yes

By using the word "dictates" you have exhibited an aggressive stance; this indicates to me that you wish me to go on the defensive.

See previous comment

This is rhetoric

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That answer, of course, opens up a gigantic can of worms. It also runs contrary to what science knows and continues to discover each day.

However, that's what you've been forced to believe, and no amount of reason and rationale will most likely have you thinking of alternatives based in reality, instead of fantasy.

Uh, the Quran does not offer a lifestyle or even suggest it, the Quran "dictates" a lifestyle, something you MUST do or face the alleged consequences of hellfire and damnation. Therefore, your issue of aggression is with the Quran, not me.

What do you mean by that?

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I do not find these contradictions. Kindly give me examples.

forced, reason, rationale, alternatives, reality, fantasy. Too much icing.

Is this an opinion?

The Quran is open to interpretation; you are free to choose the interpretation that best justifies your (non)beliefs

It is self explanatory. You are an intelligent person and incredibly skilled in rhetoric.