Open Debate: Evolution.

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by Muslim, Jun 18, 2006.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Wow. That's beautiful. Tell me: how does that fit with the Quran that you wanted me to read and sent me links for? Is the hanging of people who believe in evolution part of Allah's beautiful plan for us? When you tried to get me to recite the shahada 300 times in your PM, was there anything about hanging people who disagree with the truth of the Abrahamic faiths, that truth so absolute that you don't seem to think it can tolerate reason and evolutionary theory?

Scientists have killed people; what a toss of crap. Right; they made you push buttons, they made you buy weapons, they made you kill. Right.

Did you have any kind of reasoned argument here, or is your response summed up by "accept Allah or die"?

Seems kind of ridiculous. What's the difference between Allah and dinosaurs? Well: both concepts spring out of our ancient past, but only dinosaurs were ever real.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scibetel Registered Senior Member

Could you imagine if the tables were turned and Muslim was asked to defend and explain everything written in the Quran? Ah, but there is a built-in defense: the Quran is a holy book, and, as such, it can't be read in any language other than Arabic and it is beyond interpretation. How convenient.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

To partially avoid predation. Because it was a niche that had been unexploited. We can see the same thing every time a roach invades a new space, or everytime you contract a new STD.

Why did the crabs move into your crotch? There were abundant resources elsewhere, so it doesn't make any sense for them to parasitize you. What happens if you take groin lice and put them in a toxic, malodorous environment? Well, apparently they thrive. They occupied a new niche, although a niche that I personally would rather die than be exposed to. They're already capable of living in crotches, you see, but were able to survive the transition even to yours.

A fish that through chance picked up minor mutations that allowed it to explore the land for a few minutes or hours would have been able to avoid aquatic predators that could not. End of story. Never seen a lungfish?

It's amazing that this mental midget can't seem to figure out how evolution works. He's proposing arguments that haven't been seen for almost fifty years.

WTF are you on about? That it should have died "right in the middle of a transformation"? Living things aren't bloody Transformers, you git. They don't sit down and change. Tell you what: look up the word "development" and "fertilization".

Sad.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i asked him about the part in the koran where it talks about mohammed marrying a six year old girl and raping her when she was 9, all he could come up with was a flame about me and my 'wife'

8. scibetel Registered Senior Member

Exactly.

9. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Actually, dude can you prove that?

I also explain that Mohamed didn't marry a six year old.

Tabari reports that Abu Bakr wished to spare Aisha the discomforts of a journey to Ethiopia soon after 615 CE, and tried to bring forward her marriage to Mut`am's son. Mut`am refused because Abu Bakr had converted to Islam, but if Aisha was already of marriageable age in 615 CE, she must have been older than nine in 622 CE.

So do not make lies up dude.

And its not like everyone was Mohammed's friend, it would have came them fuel to attack him even if he did marry a 6 year old. No one found anything wrong with Mohammed's marriage to Ashia not even his enemies. So your claims are a load of BS.

10. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Anyway, what I was saying was it was scientists who invented tools for humans to kill each other easily.

11. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

What you talking about, they killed and destroyed evil empires. You should be thanking Abrahamic faiths for doing that.

80% of the world believes in a monotheistic god. Are you calling all these people idiots? Einstein arguably the greatest scientists to ever believed in a god - are you guys saying he was an Idiot?

12. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Actually doesn't have anything to do with that. Muslims don't have a problem with evolution, Muslims believe that god put the souls of adam and eve into already living homo Sapiens. God even mentions evolution theory in the Qu'ran thats where Darwin got his idea from.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

what about bows and arrows? guns?

you must be refering to atomic weapons.
    that research was done in secret. it was so secret that the people working on it lived in their own community, had their own post office, every bit of their communication with the outside was monitored and edited.
    if the general public got wind of what was happening there you can rest assured there would have been someone to sabotage the project.
    the people that was working on the bomb was only told enough to carry out their research, no more.

14. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Wtf? to avoid predation, how are they going to know? if there are going to be any predators or not. Makes no sense they would die off.

That contradicts your argument, because I am the predator. So I have killed them all off now.

:bugeye: Mutation is not evolution. Like I said I don't disagree with micro evolution, I am talking about saying humans evolved out of fish. Or there was a "stone age" and "primitive man" man was never "primitive" he was always civilized.

But you're still have a hard time refuting them.

Oh so now you're saying they don't "evolve"?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Even guns, a scientist came up with gunpowder.

16. scibetel Registered Senior Member

OK, quote the passage for us, will you please?

17. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Why should I?

18. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

If we take a look in Sura or chapter 59 verse 24, the verse talks about Allah the Creator, Allah the evolver and Allah the bestower of forms. Now two of our classic modern scholars have done very well-respected translations of the meaning of the Qur'an. Both regard these verses as relating to evolution. Mohammad Assad talks about this as meaning the development of the human embryo and he also regards it as alluding to the evolution of the human species.

Here is the actual verse:
    "He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory; and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise." 59: - 24

19. leopold Valued Senior Member

gunpowder was invented ages ago by the chinese
    and it wasn't to kill people with but to celebrate their religious beliefs

20. scibetel Registered Senior Member

And this broad quote is where, so you said, Darwin got his idea?

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I hate to butt in but these are the verses which define evolution in the Quran:

“Do not the unbeliever see that the heaven and the earth were joined together, then we set them asunder and we got every living thing out of water. Will they then not believe?” (21:30)

“(God) created every animal from water.”(24:45)

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sorry, but that does not define evolution.

23. scibetel Registered Senior Member

Anything just a bit more specific? Something that Darwin didn't know before he started? Come on, you can do it.