Discussion in 'About the Members' started by MrMormon, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Nah, we are actually dumb, bigoted and irrational.
    comes with being human

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the place.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Varda had some good questions back there. The choice of handles does make a statement, regardless of disclaimers.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Almost forgot:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

I didn't find anything about nanotube springs, though.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and Amish != Mormon, not least because the LDS church is very technology-positive.

P.S. I use this handle all over the internet. It's almost always available too.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's the deal with nanotube spring batteries?

9. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

I'll start that thread soon enough.

10. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Yeah it was the first time I took L.S.D. what you psychic or something . I was 13 but I was not kicked out until I was 14 . I was told if I could not dress better I might as well keep walking next service . You know what ? The Fundamental Mormons . I know them well too ! They love Me. ( Don't be an idiot , I am not F.L.D.S. ) There is a song by Billy Idol that says that I do . So strange . It says Jess-ups Jess-ups here by Me in the lyric. So strange . I imagine the lyrics written out may not say that , but you go listen to the song with fresh mind and tell me what he is singing . Freaked Me out as I drove up Nine Mile Rd. and I heard it for the first time ( What the lyrics were telling Me) The lost boys work for Me . That is what they are called " The lost boys " So strange did you see the movie? You see a parallel going down here. Vampire blood drinking lost Boys of the Fundamental L.D.S.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I always equate Mormon with two lads riding bicycles down the streets together.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I had some Mormon co-workers who stocked up on 5 gal plastic buckets for supplies when they were afraid about Y2K. I went into our shop one day to find one of them repairing his rifle. I'm pretty sure that was against company policy, but he was my boss. Nothing against Mormonism, they were always cheerful, even when insulting me for my alleged liberal hippy politics (I had never discussed politics with them).

13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Mikey...you should explain what the FLDS "lost boys" are...

Because I am a lazy sod, from the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_boys_(Mormon_fundamentalism)

Please note: The FLDS is a small splinter group...and I am pretty sure MrMormon is not a member of it, but just an ordinary
    mormon.

Mikey, I would be completely shocked if you had not taken LSD!
    IThe only question in my mind would be...how, much, how often, and what grade?

For instance, do you know the trick to driving while tripping? You just spread the road out...Then staying in the lines becomes no problem...until the car melts.:bugeye:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  14. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

Um, I don't think rules here allow drug use discussion. And uhh...we get it - there's a drug whose name is a misspelling of the abbreviation of a religion implied by someone's username.

15. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

That's a good topic for this forum, don't be shy about starting the topic. I'm very opinionated about the subject and so are many others on this forum, and meth has made an impression on many lives and should be talked about.

16. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

Okay. I didn't know the rules. But still, random swerve...

17. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

We talk about every thing on this forum. If there is a subject you want to explore just do it. I can't even begin to tell you how many off the wall topics I've started and was very surprised by the responses I got. Also I have to tell you this is the most active forum I've ever been on, if your up to it, you can sometimes do a lot of posts in a single day. I jumped into a topic in the morning and before I went to bed that night it went over 80 posts. Can't say that happens very often, but on some other forums you end up waiting for a whole day for people to respond. (Boring)

18. MrMormon Registered Senior Member

I like active forums. So here's my random topic. Shouldn't hijacks be consider unethical in forum culture for the same reason double posting in two different subforums is? Which I think has something to do with unnecessarily complicating search results, but I don't completely disagree with either of those.

19. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

First what do you consider hijacks? Once the OP has been posted, it's fair game for anybody to jump in and make comments on any post made. I've seen some post where someone started a topic and never made another post to it and it became very popular. Also rather than double posting in two different sub-forums. if you click on the posting number of the post in question and then copy the link and past it in the new post, you can refer people to take a look without double posting. It's easy and quick and you avoid the search trouble you were talking about.

20. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Hijacking is where the replies do not relate to either the original post or the direction that the thread may proceed.

This frequently occurs when the original poster may be absent for an interval. As recourse, one can report offensive or severely off topic posts to a moderator, possibly having them deleted for cause.

However, people and personalities being as they are, I suspect that any such attempt to rigidly keep a thread on track would likely meet with the usual response when humans encounter 'controlling' measures, either defiance or absence, neither of which is conducive to constructive conversation.

For that reason, many threads weave and bob with the energy of the day and the posters in attendance, leaving it up to the skill of the O.P. and other participants to sort the pepper from the fly specks.

21. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

welcome to the forum Mr. Morman . Were are my manners ? We like to have fun around here even at others expense. It weeds out the rift raft that are are way to sober about life . Taking out a rib don't hurt that much . Oh I slay my self sometimes Ha Ha Ha Ha . I hope You like the site as there are truly great people here > Very diverse crowd . I personally learn butt loads from these rioters . They got a lot to say about almost everything you can think of. Great testing grounds for wild and crazy ideas . Watch out for the cesspool . It can be mighty stinky there . James is the big hatchet Man . An Aussie so you have to excuse his manner at times ( He is an Aussie after all: Quote borrowed from Tiasia . Shit how do you spell that again . Now they are the resident progressive extremist . Got to love em ( even extreme progressives can have good ideas )
    Me I am your standard every day Werewolf Of No not London . The Mountain , Missoula . Montana that means mountain don't it . Just the other side of Hell Gate Canyon or better known as Big Sky Country .

Thanks Chimpkin for clearing up the lost boys . Yeah the banished boys . You get the picture . Now the local chapter Here ( They were in the news when all that was heated up ) They rejected there Prophet . Shush Quite . They may want me to talk out load about Warren . Oh well Me and my Magol Mouth ( not to be confused with the urban dictionary definition) That was to weird Me coming up with Me definition of some one who spreads rumors and it already being an expression . To strange . I will not post the urban one . I will not no I won't . Don't get any Ideas Republicans .

22. superstring01 Moderator

I've counted a few jack Mormons as my best friends. Glad you're here, man.

~String

23. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I'm afraid that when newbies show up, we have lately gotten a habit of piling on them...

Perhaps I should start a "Your LSD trips" thread...not that I condone LSD use, that would be illegal in Canada, oh noes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.