Magical Realists Magical Reality

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Magical Realist, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

A holding place for all of MR's mystical, magical, alien, conspirital threads.

Daecon likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Then what did their eyes witness?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You'll have to ask Kittamaru since he created this new thread now. I don't support his threads..

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Translation - I can't answer that, so I'm going to pitch a fit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Mind doing the same with all of spellbound's 'Reality is...' threads?

Daecon likes this.
  9. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Seconded.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Cosmictraveler: "It's all made up by some very creative people who can make you believe all the nonsense that you seem to believe is true but isn't."

So I never said it was real like you do with no facts to prove anything.

11. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Conspiratorial.

Aren't those kind of subjects precisely what the 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' forum was created to host?

If people who start on-topic threads are going to be insulted to oblivion by board participants and their threads scrambled by moderators, merely because of the threads' heretical content, then why not delete the forum entirely?

My own view is that this forum could have quite a bit of interest and value if it was moderated competently and forum participants approached it with an open mind. There may conceivably be unknown phenomena revealing themselves in some of these reports. That would be an interesting thing to know. Even if there's nothing physical happening, the mere fact that people continue to report such things is itself an interesting psychological and sociological phenomenon. It has obvious relevance to the history of ideas, to mythology and folklore, to religious studies and to epistemology. And as is often the case, issues in the philosophy of science can be easiest to perceive on the borderline, in the problem cases.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    cluelusshusbund likes this.
  12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

It's just another case of Kittamaru interfering with my rights as a member here.
    I reported this abuse of moderator power to James R yesterday. He said he didn't agree with it and was going to create a thread on it in the moderators forum. We'll see what happens.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yazata - the issue at hand is that Mand others are posting across the forums and not adhering to any standard if evidence or discussing - basically it comes down to them expecting the rest of us to believe what they are saying despite a lack of compelling evidence, yet when counter arguments are presented, they disregard them or state them to simply be wrong without being able to even remotely show why or how... it is a disgusting double standard, one that simply will not be allowed to continue.

And yes, this is being discussed in the back room... with the overall goal of ensuring an equal and fair playing field for all involved

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I thought it already existed - the cesspool.

15. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Posting stuff and then doing the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears going "la-la-I-can't-hear-you" to anyone offering a rational, logical explanation is against the spirit of a science forum.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You never offer a rational explanation. All you do is complain and gripe that the video, audio, photos, footprints, or eyewitness accounts are not evidence, when in fact it precisely IS evidence. Then you make up shit about it being a conspiratorial hoax propagated by con artists to just be famous, based on no evidence whatsoever. Then we have the usual litany of insults and flames about me being so gullible and stupid and ignorant of science. It's the same thing repeated in every thread. It's like a stuck record.

17. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

It's been explained to you time and time again exactly WHY that stuff CAN'T be used as evidence, yet you deliberately ignore it.

If anyone is a stuck record, it's you.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Don't worry - the winds of change are a blowin

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Tell that to criminal investigators and lawyers...

20. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You mean the people who prefer physical evidence such as real bodies and DNA that can be actually verified as belonging to a specific individual, let alone species?

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2011/12/eyewitness.aspx
    http://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue One/fisher&tversky.htm
    and

http://apps.americanbar.org/litigat...012-0512-eyewitness-testimony-unreliable.html
    It doesn't get much simpler, MR - Eye Witness testimony is only as accurate as human memory... and human memory is inherently flawed.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..I mean the people who solve and win cases everyday based on video evidence, audio evidence, photo evidence, footprint evidence, and eyewitness evidence. IOW, all the things you claim are not evidence.

23. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Well we have no doubt that Humans exist, which is why CCTV footage, photos and footprints of Humans is rather mundane.

Bigfoot hasn't been proven to exist, so evidence for such an extraordinary claim is going to have to be much more extraordinary than a single video and claims of "because I said so".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.