Life in these United States...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Seattle, Jan 19, 2024.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

This thred stunk of racism befor i entered wit my Devils-Advocate posts whare i was sayin the quite-part-out-loud in hopes that the out-in-the-open stink might lead the discussion to a real issue of… why do some of the people of color confronted by a cop do thangs they know will pizz off the cop.!!!

Im not at all surprised at some of the obviously bad decisions ive seen people of color make in videos when pulled over… cause wit the Bull-Sht they put up wit on a daily basis… im surprised that so many stay as reasonable as they do.!!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sculptor Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

OK
    Perhaps I should have elaborated: ?
    as/re the constitution:
    4:4 or 1:10
    and
    Does it make a difference?

What will be the arguments before the supreme court?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Seattle Valued Senior Member

What are you talking about?

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

OK
    some claim that the Texas actions are based on article 1 section 10 of the Us constitution:

"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay."
    meanwhile
    governor abbot has stated that he relies on article 4 section 4 of the constitution:
    "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

Ok the words are slightly different
    so
    does this difference matter?

9. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Maybe I missed something (quite possible) but was anyone here, in this thread, talking about Texas and Governor Abbott?

10. sculptor Valued Senior Member

No
    However, Texas is still one of these united states.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Texas is not being invaded. There is no foreign army entering Texas.