I was prevented from posting in the entire Science section without warning

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Spellbound, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Spellbound Banned Valued Senior Member

JamesR,

I hope you enjoy your power while it lasts. Not that I have anything against that, but why have you prevented me from posting in the whole Science section? I was given no warning before this happened. Is it permanent? There is already a Philosophy thread called "Does mathematics exist or is it a human construct?" Not to mention "Why are there so many racist memes of minortys but almost noun of whites?" by a member with a severe case of pretense.

I find that uncalled for and would like an explanation.

Nick.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Now nearly 40 pounds lighter. Staff Member

Spellbound - whilst I am not James, we do have a thread in the mod forum documenting these sub-forum bans:

You were warned, for posting pseudoscience in the science sections, on:
    February 21, 2015
    February 27, 2015
    March 28 2015
    August 21 2015
    And now January 21 2016

As for the actions of _baller, it has not gone unnoticed.

origin likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Spellbound:

Thank you.

This is in line with our site policy, as published in the following thread:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/ex...from-posting-in-the-science-subforums.144700/

You were given 5 warnings over a period of time, which Kittamaru has listed above. You were reminded in those warnings as to what the consequence would be if you warned 5 times, in line with our published policy.

No. Initially you will be excluded from posting in the Science subforums for 1 month. However, should you continue to post pseudoscience or meaningless nonsense to the Science subforums after that, you will then likely be excluded for a longer period - mostly likely 6 months or 1 year. Any third exclusion would likely be permanent.

Those threads have attracted moderator attention already. Please feel free to report any posts that you feel breach our rules. The moderators will review all such reports.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.