How to Win an Argument With a Vegetarian

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by KilljoyKlown, Aug 18, 2011.

1. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

It may seem a bit odd to use a word like 'sanctuary' when discussing intimate relationships, yet it requires tremendous use of energy to engage with others, more so when most time is spent with one significant other, and sometimes we all need some personal time and space away, even from those whom we most care about.

This seems like a good point to suggest that relationships where one partner is vegetarian/vegan and the other a meat-eater can work just fine as long as neither insists upon attempts to 'convert' the other.

My partner eats considerably differently than I, and we address this by each eating what we want, cooking for ourselves. Frequently one of us will cook for both with the menu of our choice. We just ask the other if they would like any of what is on the proposed menu prior to cooking. This has worked well for us, as we work different schedules but have the same days off, so seldom any conflict over the kitchen space.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Easy smeasy. It gets a little tougher after the first snow fly. I took survival training in the 7th grade . They grade us on 2 levels " survivors and diers .

I was a survivor. It came natural cause if you ever seen that movie Misquote Coast . Well that be like my life as Me family growing up back packed into the wilderness frequently . We would bring a bag of potatoes to split up among our packs and then after the potatoes were gone fish we could catch was the main food . Wild onions , currents and mustard greens supplement the fish diet. This all long before me survival training . Me sister turn 10 at the bottom of the most famous falls at yellow stone . In there pictures of the falls you can see this little flat spot below the falls . That be our old camp . Fuck the First time we went there I was sure we was gona die as the shale just slipped right off into the roaring river . I lived Yeah . The week before the first time we went there a Park Ranger fell and busted his leg and they had to life flight him out so they closed the trail down ( Off limits to the public , so when we ask for directions to the trail head the park officials would not tell us . Well Me crazy dad took us and we found our own way in . That was the time Me sister turned 10 on her birthday down at the camp . We found the trail on the way out so from then on it was way easier than the first time . That was one out of many adventures into the wilderness with me family growing up . Now a days we do have more gear , but we still try to stay light . Lot of the fancy gear now a days is a lot of hocus pocus not really needed . Designer gear so to speak . I like the back pack espresso maker . Now that is a hoot

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I hear what you are saying, Me.

Most folks idea of camping these days is to load up their camper or fifth wheel, drive for an hour or two and stake their reserved parking spot amidst dozens of others doing likewise. Makes for great take-out restaurants for bears....

My idea of camping is to travel light and fast with a horse and hopefully set up under a well branched spruce tree in case it rains overnight. I can still make a fire with two sticks, provided that one of them is a match, lol, and those dead limbs with 'witch's hair' to be found on that spruce tree will be dry even if it's been raining a while.

Lard used to come in small pails that made an excellent tea billy once one had punched a couple of holes in near the top and added a wire handle, so my step-dad used to tell me.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.