Hell and its punishments

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by drumbeat, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Pineal Banned Banned

Well, you can see in human relationships how some people treat the people they like and love, so with the devil, it could be only more so. I mean think of S and M couples as a fairly common counterexample. I just don't want to be the love of a Sadist's life.

Though I am sure I could happily go out to dinner and be friends with some of them.

So just multiply that with some hypothetical devil - like when he goes out to
    dinner with you, he eats you. Because he likes you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The devil treats you how you treat others, he follows the golden rule, in a way, he does unto others, and then others do unto him, but there are few who can match he. Thats why he wages war with man, not God. Even in Michael he sits in the mercy seat, for he has done nothing for his soul to burn. Want to make a deal? YOU make the deal, he just offers it. This is why in the devil I find a friend. He is righteous, he does his job, he does not bitch, he is a man, he does not find fault. Why does he do what he does? because he wants it to end. He is the part of God that says fuck it all, this is not worth the effort. He knows what was offered to man, and he see's us piss it away. He will meet his ends when he so choses, if he does not chose to die then he will forever and forever in peace, as part of the holy spirit.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pineal Banned Banned

But then God is misinterpreting the that rule. The rule is not...
    do unto others as they do unto others
    So unless you think God does not know what they want, God would be being evil.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pineal Banned Banned

After smelling chocolate for a mere couple of months I would find it sickening, and I like that smell. After a few millions years.....

8. Pineal Banned Banned

No one here can torture someone for eternity, so this isn't true. And just to check in, this would mean you do not believe good people of other religions will go to hell. IOW it is OK not to accept Jesus as your savior as long as you are a good person. If, however, you do believe such people got to hell, then again the devil is not doing what they did to others.

How do you know he does not bitch.
    He is?,
    HOw do you know this?

And this?

9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Wrong. Man tortures its self for eternity.

Lmao. It doesn't mater what religion you follow, not in the slightest.

The day will come were you will either have to accept the Lord, or burn.

The devil didn't create hell, God did.

Because I do, have faith.

Im just telling you what faith tells me.

10. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Self-evidently false.
    And the rest of your post is just as inane.

11. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

The mistake you're making is you're picturing what you cannot even properly conceive (which is regardless of how you feel about it.) We simply do not or cannot know how it is to be tortured for a trillion years (forget eternity) same goes for going to paradise for eternity.

No one accepts or can accept a God that does this because no one can conceive of such punishment one can only believe in this.

12. Pineal Banned Banned

No, I am pretty sure I know what would happen to me. I trust my intuition on this one.

It seems like a lot of people accept a God like this. Worse they think someone could deserve such a thing.

13. Big Chiller Registered Senior Member

Maybe you know what would happen but I am completely sure that you do not know exactly how it could be. Anyway it's not recommendable to discuss the incomprehensible nature of the afterlife with one who's boastful according to my intuition.

14. Pineal Banned Banned

So you have the skills to know what I can and cannot know about myself, but I do not have this. And now you insult and judge me and not in response to my judging you or insulting you, since I did not do this.

I never claimed I would know exactly how it would be. But the core destruction of my self, that I know. I assume it would happen fairly quickly also, no need for millions or even thousands of years. Ever been with someone who's been tortured? Ever seen them shortly after release? I have, a number of times.

The British Army could break people down really fast into gibbering, psychotic babblers using stress positions, yelling, sleep deprivation, loud music and hooding the prisoners. Here we are talking mere days of what many people would not think of as torture.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  15. Pineal Banned Banned

If it is incomprehensible, then it would not be recommended to discuss it with anyone, since anyone making any statements about it - something that is incomprehensible - is implicitly claiming to know something about the incomprensible, and thus boasting. IOW discussing God or Hell or Heaven with Christians would not be recommended, since they claim to know things about these incomprehensible entities.

And are thus boasting.