Gamerz

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Stryder, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Japio Registered Member

most favorite

My choice of classic, never-dying gamez:

1. Privateer: Loved this one, on my 386 sx16 mhz

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Get your joystick ready and try to earn some money in this space-flying sim with a reasonably good story-line. Or go evil and become a pirate... Privateer II is good too, except in Priv I you had a choice to follow the storyline or not. If you wanted a good ship in Priv II you just had to follow the line... the money you earn was extremely good.

2. X-com : from the first " enemy unknown " to the last (of the strategy x-com's) " Apocalypse" X-com takes you into a world where aliens have landed, and they're here to conquer human-kind. And you're the head of an elite organization which is created to stop these foul aliens

Build your bases, intercept UFO's, capture aliens and research their technology to build better equipment. Ultimate goal: erradicate all evil

I just love those games

3. Falcon 4.0: I work with the F-16 myself and can tell you: It's the best simulation you'll ever find. Graphics are going on to be outdated but still, if set on 100% realism, you really get nervous when on an approach and your engine flames out

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

where ya been, mista japio?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr_Japio Registered Member

I said: classic games....

Nowadays, UT, Commandos 2 and Ghost Recon take up much of my gaming time....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

THAT DOESNT ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!

I'm about to start playing a pirated version of red faction! Oh no! The feds are coming for me now! The suits are walking down the hallways, opening the door-asking the froglike teacher where I am. They both look right at me when she points. I duck and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

don't sweat. I have 3 licensed games and ~115 unlicensed ones.
    Don' t talkin' about different expensive progs and movies.

be cool

9. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

(WE ARE WATCHING YOU)

Avatar check out my website on the link of my quote, cut and paste let me know if it works.

Now back to video games.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

(yeah, and I' m watching them)

smth wrong with tht site. it is all black and white with some unworking links
    is it supposed to be so.

see screenshot

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

now everything works fine without any errors.

i see the text changes every time. nifty.

but still all is black in white, but i now assume it is suppossed to be like tht.
    Cheers!

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Well, Red Faction I must say is one crappy game. It's fun though.
    Everything else really sux.

Ah, I see everything checks out now. I'll be screwing around with it later.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

may I suggest you to try to make a shorter URL and smwhere else, not geocities. adress is too long.
    how about
    www.20m.com
    there it is
    http://your_name.20m.com
    but with a crappy banner on top(6$ and no ads)

I had one at geocities and can' t complain about it much, yust sorta didn' t like it(but hey, it' s yust me).

.have fun with web design. and try flash5, it's outstanding.

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Okay, I've been bored and I actually reloaded "The Sims"
    and even got my expansion Livin it up (Living it Large) to work, Originally it would load, it was errored, I thought I had been palmed off with pirated software, in truth it was just down to my BAD RAM at the time, now it works

So the Sims isn't what you would expect a person to play, especially with all those major games out there, but I managed to get my sim killed the otherday trying to be macho and put a fire out on his own. I'm still waiting to see the Telescopes "Alien Abduction!", which I have only heard about while looking through the objects with "Blueprint" a program to clone objects and alter them a bit.

I hope MAXIS actually gets around to releasing EDITH there Sims programming tool, to make objects and how they react with the sims and the environment.

Other than that I've been messing around with C&C: Tiberian Sun once again but I'm not playing it online as everyone plays NOD and pretty much goes to FULL TECH LEVEL which is pretty pointless.

15. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

The Sims is very entertaining. I love those sort of quirky games that allow you build rooms and populate them. An older, yet extremely well done title of similar nature is Theme Hospital. I keep returning to that classic. More so than Theme Park, you feel connected to your workers.

Amongst the newer titles I have become infatuated with No One Lives Forever. The stealth aspect feels genuine in a comedic fashion. Hiding out of sight of cameras and luring Guards out with a coin is as fun as an FPS can get.

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

NOLF is thee awsomest fps game out there. My comp's slightly outdated, though so the game freezes it up every 20 or thirty minutes.

The Sims is fun for about a week or two but then gets boring. I say go for NOLF, stryde!

I have a pirated copy of Red Faction right now. THe game sux but its fun.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Pollux V

When I played Red Faction I was getting pretty near the end, although I was using Easy because the PS2 wasn't mine and there was no memory Card.

In the later levels there are these bad guys that use Lazers to shoot at you, and they can even knock 70-80% of your health and Armour off in one shot, or just kill you stone dead.

I thought I would warn you if you haven't gotten to them yet (And the gun takes a while to recharge when you get it since it only has like 12 shots or something.)

I messed about with the Sniper rifle, As with most of the newer FPS's head shots take people down instantly. (If you get shot in the head with a lazer... then you better be prepared to reload the saved game)

18. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Tell me about it. Those stupid Railguns are disgusting. The computer needs only get one shot off and then you die. I have been playing it on Normal and I have yet to beat it. It has been almost a year and still I am not far into it.

I have sort of given up. I've been playing Grand Theft Auto III lately. This must be the best game on the planet! (at least for another few months, until I tire of it and move onto Morrowind)

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

As I mentioned in a previous post on this thread:

Other points, if you car lands upside down, get out of it and run away from it, because it will explode (And if your standing too close like I was you get hit in the back with a door flying off.)

Cars don't always explode, I landed one on it's side (between two lorry trailers with the jump at the docks) and then found it a little difficult to get out.

There is a 4x4 on the beach near the docks, and that can do a really beastly flip if you try driving up the grass/cliff slope (Like 360deg front ender: MAJOR STUNT BONUS!)

Some stunt bonuses are Accumilative, but I'm sure your aware of that. Sometimes it's a good Idea to check out the autotraders garage, as there might be a car parked inside the building (requires you to RAM RAID) that might be worth saving back at your Garage.

If I ever get hold of a PS2... GTA3 is coming with me.

20. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Right now I've delivered Gryphon to the Red Faction guys and am in the OTHER undercover mission. On the first one, which was insanely hard I just shot all the guards I could see. It took awhile but eventually I pulled through.

Has anyone played Black and White? If you haven't I REALLY recommend it. The expansion doesn't look too awsome but let me tell you B&W is one fun game.

Avatar I'll check out those websites.

Stryde do you have Broodwar yet? In Diablo 2 I have seen the light of the paladin (pun INTENDED)! I thought the necro was the best but the paladin is just INCREDIBLE at fighting.

21. scifred Registered Member

22. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Scifred
    What was the point in your post. If you don't like the subject, why bother posting something that doesn't state anything other than what you wish you were.

Gamerz aren't always nerds... Check it out...

Mind you your probably just a Slobby Couch potato.

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

TWO NEW GAMES THAT I HAVE BOUGHT

Combat Flight Simulator: WW2 Europe Series

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME. INCREDIBLY REALISTIC. FUN.

(graphics are outdated, though)

Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed

I have yet to decide whether or not this game is good, I'll get back to yas...

But I have also bought a Saitek Cyborg 3d Gold-ah, what a great joystick! At only $40 too! It's great, because now I can play flying games again since my other joystick had some sort of sticky liquid spilled onto it. I'm also about to get back into X-Wing Alliance, another one of the greats. Crimson Skies is awsome too, when the reviewers talk about bugs I have no idea what crawled up their asses and died...

It appears our ole buddy scifred is back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.