Everyday racism

Then there's the hypocrisy you mentioned. Please explain what is hypocritical about anything I have written. I really want to know, so I can try to be better in future, if there's a problem. Many others here, you will notice, are making no apologies or promises of that kind. You might ask yourself why that is the case.
Being insane I can not understand why you would ask other than to humour me...you are smart enough to know where you can improve if you need to..just because I say something, like everyone, does not mean you now have to rely upon them for guidance...anyways don't humour me..if you are serious first appologise for calling me insane and not making that comment to my face...just think if you were me..how would you feel...empathy something that is in short supp.y around here.

While in many other respects paddoboy might very well be a good person, it is quite clear that he has a certain blindness when it comes to recognising power dynamics in everyday interactions such as customer and service provider. T
It is not your place to judge..you should think about that...set an example but don't tell others what they should do...

Who is "real people"? Old white males? Who's not "real people" in your book, Alex?

Do not put words into my mouth as it makes me angry...

By real people you can read there the community at large..not only the "white males" not only the "old" people but across the board hopefully to form an appreciation that the community is diverse and to box it up like you attempt is just naive...I talk to every one..strangers, cleaners, folk who you know are frightened by a man with shoulder length hair and a beard...you should try it..you will find a diversity that you do not recognise..there are old folk who call you live, there are young folk who call you "bro" the are folk who call you mate, brother, pal, buddy, sunshine, boss, captain...love is but one call they fails to recognise that someone has a name and you can bet they like to hear it...you don't have experience with "real people" the general public...

With a comment like that, I think you have no idea, if you're actually serious and not just blowing off steam.

Want to rethink it, calmly?
Well I can agree in the context..that those I say this too will become emotional and fail to see the fact that I point out...
But I am insane remember, until you appologise I will remain insane, and being insane do not have to account for my statements do I?

My deal is when you are calling someone out look first to what you do..decrying any racist or sexist term is rather lame when you happily use a clearly racist and sexist term ..more so because you just don't get even with the definition of racism in front of you...I speak the truth that's why what I say is so very confronting.

More proof in the pudding.
Er I think that is about how much booze is added to the ingredients of a pudding..but I need to look it up...

"Real people" again?
Yes maybe it will sit better with you now you know it is a reference to the community at large addressing the reality that there are many different folk...
How would you like us (me) to address domestic violence, Alex?
With the same vigour that is applied in the abusive and bullying manner applied to calling someone love.
paddoboy told us about what happened. He invited us to "dribble on" about it.
And I dont know that right?
My beef is the refusal of all lined up and laying in the boot that his assesment of the feelings of the people he was before, none of you were there, were not correct. Further without testimony from those he was talking to you must have testimony that they were offended..now try this on..if you don't have their testimony you simply don't know and so to proceed on any assumption one way or the other is wrong and points to the fact you are judging Paddo with no evidence other than his account which sadly does not support the proposition you are pushing..

You think there's no problem?

There is no problem with Paddo unless you can present evidence that those he interacted with were upset by his " banter".

However given I have been more outspoken than anyone on the problem of sexism racism, booze, rape, domestic violence etc etc...I would like to think that I present as someone really concerned about all these issues..I guess I just in the future need to come out and say what I am thinking.

When you ask a question like that do you really think it is at all clever...your drive is to undermine the truth I present..hiding the truth will take much more than what you think are clever questions..and know this they are just not clever.

Last edited:
Being insane I can not understand why you would ask other than to humour me...you are smart enough to know where you can improve if you need to..just because I say something, like everyone, does not mean you now have to rely upon them for guidance...anyways don't humour me..if you are serious first appologise for calling me insane and not making that comment to my face...just think if you were me..how would you feel...empathy something that is in short supp.y around here.

It is not your place to judge..you should think about that...set an example but don't tell others what they should do...

Do not put words into my mouth as it makes me angry...

By real people you can read there the community at large..not only the "white males" not only the "old" people but across the board hopefully to form an appreciation that the community is diverse and to box it up like you attempt is just naive...I talk to every one..strangers, cleaners, folk who you know are frightened by a man with shoulder length hair and a beard...you should try it..you will find a diversity that you do not recognise..there are old folk who call you live, there are young folk who call you "bro" the are folk who call you mate, brother, pal, buddy, sunshine, boss, captain...love is but one call they fails to recognise that someone has a name and you can bet they like to hear it...you don't have experience with "real people" the general public...

Well I can agree in the context..that those I say this too will become emotional and fail to see the fact that I point out...
But I am insane remember, until you appologise I will remain insane, and being insane do not have to account for my statements do I?

My deal is when you are calling someone out look first to what you do..decrying any racist or sexist term is rather lame when you happily use a clearly racist and sexist term ..more so because you just don't get even with the definition of racism in front of you...I speak the truth that's why what I say is so very confronting.

Er I think that is about how much booze is added to the ingredients of a pudding..but I need to look it up...

Yes maybe it will sit better with you now you know it is a reference to the community at large addressing the reality that there are many different folk...

With the same vigour that is applied in the abusive and bullying manner applied to calling someone love.

And I dont know that right?
My beef is the refusal of all lined up and laying in the boot that his assesment of the feelings of the people he was before, none of you were there, were not correct. Further without testimony from those he was talking to you must have itvthatvthey were offended..now try this on..if you don't have their testimony you simply don't know and so to proceed on any assumption on way orvthecother is wrong and point to the fact you are judging Paddo with not evidence other than his account which sadly does not support the proposition you are pushing..

There is no problem with Paddo unless you can present evidence that those he interacted with were upset by his " banter".
However given I have been more outspokenthan anyone on the problem of sexism racism, booze, rape, domestic violence etc etc...I would like to think that I present as someone really concerned about all these issues..I guess I just in the future come out and say what I am thinking.
When you ask a question like that do you really think it is at all clever...your drive is to undermine the truth I present..hiding the truth will take much more than what you think are clever questions..and know this they are just not clever.
:D

Jesus Christ almighty! You must be physic Alex...:D
Just went to Woolies....Young male shop assistant, who has seen me many times and as I have seen him, while stocking up on fruit, exclaimed as I walked by him, "Hi, how are we today Sunshine" :me: Pretty good for an old bugger matey!" :him: If I look as good as you when I'm your age, I'll be happy" :me: hearty laugh, giving him a slap on the back.

Dunno Write4U...I agree this is getting rather desperate and foolish on some people's part. What are you referring to?
I don't even know who is referring to what...? o_O

I think I made one inoffensive neutral post in this entire thread.

Last edited:
Sounds like the "everyone does it, so it must be okay" defence.
Only because that suits you..that is not clever...why do you try and put words into my mouth..it makes me very angry..so stop it.
Are you equally upset that people like me found that behaviour unacceptable?
Why talk like that James...oh I forgot you think I am insane...mate I was protecting gay people and other minorities literally before you were born so your stupid straw man question really make me angry..that how it goes for insane people.
What a terrible thing to say..do you think you are being clever, let me ask you something...have you ever been arrested for beating your wife?
It is a fallacy to say "Stop looking at that; this other thing is a much bigger problem, so forgot about the original thing". It assumes that people can't walk and chew gum at the same time. It also dismisses issue A when you say leave issue A alone until you've dealt with issues B through Z. And what happens when somebody starts talking about issue B? Well then issue C is a much bigger priority. And so it goes, and it's all an excuse never to change anything.
I am not for not addressing the issues at all...my main thing here is..don't abuse and bully people, dont think you can determine what people are thinking, dont judge people...and don't call them insane because you fail to understand the point they make.
Let me get this straight. People like me shouldn't be listened to on the topic of sexism because we've never done anything of note in our lives? Is that your argument? Instead, we should listen to you, because you have presumably Achieved Great Things?
No again I said what I said..it is clear..just try to understand what I said..and don't put words in my mouth..it makes me angry.
Just a little.
No. In a court of law, certain crimes require specific intent, but plenty do not.
The common law requires " men's rea" or a guilty mind..insane folk like me can't form it so we can beat so much...for the requirement of the common law to be removed the law needs to be codified and so we find many crimes fit that situation...however I dont think there is any codification that is relevant to Paddos "crime" and therefore as he has no guilty intent you can not under any circumstances find him guilty..that is essentially going by the law but I guess the mob is above the law.
Most of the law relating to torts is based on the concept of negligence, which does not require malicious intent.
True but what does civil law have to do with criminal law.
You alledge in effect a crime so you need to show a guilty intent...you can not provide a testimony from those you say are victims, you can not show Paddo has guilty intent,
Why is it that here Paddo is not extended the same rights that he would have as a criminal appearing before an actual judge?
Because what we have here in no more than the mob laying in the boot and indulging their propensity for hatred of the group they call the " white male"...
Does the originator of the joke matter when you choose to repeat it, repost it, or otherwise pass it on? Or is the content what is important? Or your intent? Or what?
What matters is the abuse and bullying that follows is uncalled for... you see what you lot go on about is this does not justify that..you agree on that dont you? And yet when it comes to dealing with Paddo all the abuse and bullingvthat can be mustered is employed on the basis of...mmm just how did it go again...and so such an approach I consider to be hypocritical..well it is that the truth and we see just how folk cant handle the truth.

So James I think there is little I can add but to sum up..White male is both sexist and racist given its context of hate and generalizing upon a group.
I do not approve of the abuse bullying and employment of sexism to support your position..sexism..see Bells for her justification...
I do not approve of folk taking my words, and those of others, and twisting them to suit their purpose and displaying blatant fraudulence.
I do not like being labelled insane.
I do not like it when someone has to make a comment to another and not look me in the face and tell me that I am insane.

My dam earth mover is now three hours late..other wise you would not get to read any of this..I don't like it..but in this case nice to have the forum as there was nothing else I could do..you can bet I will set up to play guitar and he will arrive...anyways that's the way of it.

Alex

th

th

Why not?
My beef is the refusal of all lined up and laying in the boot that his assesment of the feelings of the people he was before, none of you were there, were not correct.
It doesn't matter - the situation was a given, and of a type.
There is no reason to assume either way - and no evidence in anyone's assumptions, unless they seem reliable.
the fact that you are so often wrong doesn't seem to slow you down much.
It might if it were illustrated, demonstrated, argued, or even specified.
As it is, the only feedback I get is garbage like that: one line personal attack, without even a hint of relevance to the quote it allegedly dealt with. How is a poor boy supposed to figure out where they went wrong?

This is the post you were apparently unable to handle:
"The problem you do not know how to fix is that race does matter, in the US - very few things matter more."
It seems to be accurate, and it's certainly well supported here or anywhere you or any of the Tribe post about race. Take it as information, why not?
- - -
OK, let me rephrase for you....racism and sexism may exist in some society, and may even have existed in western society in times past. That as far as western society is concerned, has been largely eliminated, although sometimes remnants still exist.
Yep, that's what I responded to. You were perfectly clear - in your opinion, racism and sexism no longer exist in the US except as remnants of long gone problems of the past.

My only concern was how best to react to something like that.

My routine response (to your stereotypical bigotry, which is completely familiar) has been to ask the bozo who makes that ridiculous claim to post a year after which the old racism and sexism no longer blighted millions of people's lives - the impossibility of that, on the rare occasions when it has been attempted, seemed a solid and replicable bit of evidence sufficient to dismiss the claim if its absurdity in the face of the BLM protests and motivating events were somehow not evident.

But this is a stranger and more intransigent nut: You guys are in concert, mutually supportive, in trying to claim that racism and sexism are no longer major problems in Western society - specifically, in the US - with the election of Donald Trump to the Presidency right in front of you. That's not a joke, not a parody of the wingnut gibberish, that's your overt and explicit contention.

That's startling, especially when one notes that you have all been confronted with overwhelming evidence of the effects of racism and sexism on millions of US citizens. The evidence you have seen includes statistical, physical, and analytical accounts, as well as eyewitness testimony and hours of video footage. It's hard to imagine anything that would get through to someone who can look directly at - say - the covid death rates, or the childbirth mortality stats, or the wealth inequality measures, or the police and jail violence statistics, and not recognize the reality of the situation they record.

Just went to Woolies....Young male shop assistant, who has seen me many times and as I have seen him, while stocking up on fruit, exclaimed as I walked by him, "Hi, how are we today Sunshine" :me: Pretty good for an old bugger matey!" :him: If I look as good as you when I'm your age, I'll be happy" :me: hearty laugh, giving him a slap on the back.

You have it all wrong Paddo..he just said that because if he didn't he would be fired. The truth is you are riding ruff over other people's rights..and you can't tell me I am not right as you are just inferior and simply could not understand the higher ideals that must be set for society.
As to slapping him on the back..that is assault..how low was the slap as it may be sexual assault...and " bugger" please no swearing as he probably found that offensive.. well of course he did..I know he would has otherwise my world view is not working.

I re read the posts..it's so funny..here is you calm, collected and polite and others dribbling with rage...and then of course we are responsible for everything in history..heck we were work slaves what say did we have in that age or any before it...I consider myself more Irish as to background...how do you think I feel given we were under the English boot...now what is worse we do stuff for people and never heard any of the mob tell of doing anything for anybody...heck when I was 21 I was acting for aboriginals that no one else would have in their office..I would not give my daughter dolls and send her down the good house wife trip...I can remember folk would say ..you treat her like a boy ..and I would say ..no just as a human...then these know all's try and put words in your mouth call you insane...honestly I was never coming back..it's just I have been waiting on my Earth mover..now 3 and a half hours late...I was not going to reply to anything but the I thought I will just reply to Billvon and the guy still had not come..there was no need to reply as I have said what I have said this mob just want to twist your words and make you out something you are not..and they don't understand that is about as offensive as you get...hopefully I won't be back given the things I need to do and the things I want to do...
You have a great Christmas and keep on standing up against bullies.
Alex

And certainly I would appreciate it if you could speak for me, being insane I need minder.

Cant wait to get together and have a beer.

Tell me ice if I stated my position 100 times would you still ask a question that has been answered 99 times..heck read it..all of it..if you cant find my message in all I have written then go back to school.
I can agree there but please justify how that warrents abuse and bullying and Bells saying grow a set...you fail to see the imbalance.
And then your lot think I am unaware when in truth I see the horrors of the world and have since I was a young man..this problem with our society just did not happen in your life time..you should have been alive when everything was closed on Easter or Chrismas..where for a woman to work was considered terrible because a woman's place was in the home...
There is no reason to assume either way - and no evidence in anyone's assumptions, unless they seem reliable.
I think everyone laying the boot in assumed the worst..the point being they operate from assumption...and from there they abused and bullied..there is no justification for such behaviour.
Alex

But those are not offensive to you apparently.
I have an issues with this..please don't assume things..if I got on my soap box you may find there are many things that most folk accept that I have a strong opposite opinion.
But again you just ridiculed my suggestion that it was similar to "Asians" or "women"
I see what you mean I responded to what I saw as an attempt to move the goal posts.
Alex

Of course it matters! Stop side stepping the issue and putting in your "God of the gaps"[that's an analogy, OK?]

Yep, that's what I responded to. You were perfectly clear - in your opinion, racism and sexism no longer exist in the US except as remnants of long gone problems of the past.

My only concern was how best to react to something like that.
Certainly not by bullying and forcing your tripe down my throat, and as Alex has alluded to, hitting it where its needed...not trying to change everyday banter in everyday normal situations between male and female.
specifically, in the US - with the election of Donald Trump to the Presidency right in front of you. That's not a joke, not a parody of the wingnut gibberish, that's your overt and explicit contention.
Trump is an extreme example that you elected in your country, and I have never defended him nor would I want to defend his nonsense.
That's still know reason to start whining and whinging when consenting adults interact naturally and jovially, by both male and female.

How strange that with all the required personal courtesies and etiquettes, we can't even maintain social distance or wear a face mask during a pandemic.

How's that for personal respectful behavior?

Last edited:
And certainly I would appreciate it if you could speak for me, being insane I need minder.

You're about as insane as I am you old bugger!!!:p
yeah on most of your comments...know all of your comments hit on truth and reality, not the dreams of pretentious fools trying to ram their pretentious nonsense down our throats, particularly when in my examples I have shown it all to be nonsense. All their claims are philosophical claptrap, as I like to put it.
You have a good Chrissy to Alex, and yeah, a beer in the New Year will be great...but we need to keep it a secret as its a tiny bit blokey...you know what I mean? :p

I'm in and out like a blue arse fly today Alex, getting stuff the Mrs keeps forgetting and then remembering :p
She's going up shortly to finish her shopping and asked me to go shopping with her...I just screamed and then laughed...I'll do what I usually do with her, drop her off, and wait with a cuppa and some banana bread :D
[shopping with a woman!!! Gotta be kidding! :p]

ps: that'll draw the crabs Alex. :D

That's still know reason to start whining and whinging when consenting adults interact naturally and jovially, by both male and female.
This is the racism thread division.
And the only whining here is by you guys.
Trump is an extreme example that you elected in your country
No, he isn't.
Trump is a centrist Republican, like Reagan. And like all Republican Presidents since Nixon, he's obviously and blatantly racist (and sexist). That's what the core of the Republican voting base has been voting for since Nixon put the coalition together - it's why the Confederacy votes Republican now.

Trump, btw, has actually been convicted of racism in a court of law - his rental property management was so blatantly racist even the New York City regulators were motivated to bring the case to court, his casino management policy was so obviously racist even the Gaming Commission was forced to prosecute, and so forth. That's what 73 million Republican voters were voting for, in 2016.

73 million voters is not a "remnant" of the old Jim Crow days. Neither are the multiple hour waits many black people and many fewer white people have to endure to vote at all.

And of course the continued damn lie and pretense denying that normal banter between people, as I have described, is the norm, without question, on both sides of the equation, men and women, young and old. It is.
And I'm pretty sure that it isn't going to change anytime soon.
That is you getting stuff badly wrong and whining about it - not only childish, but stereotypically so: the entire Tribe of American racial bigots talks like that. They are forever being picked on by "PC", forever being accused of racism when they clearly said they weren't racist, and forever trying to disparage and slander and attack the people who are picking on them rather than deal with the issues in front of them.

Of course everyday racism (and sexism) is "normal banter" - that's what "everyday" means, genius. And all the posters you are offended by and whining about have been taking that for granted - they've been including it in their references all along, while you were having your little fits about being picked on by a "PC brigade" you invented from mistakes and incomprehensions.

So take a look at the reasons you so completely bollixed that aspect of the thread - got it so badly wrong it screwed up your entire argument, and so personally wrong you brought in the term "pretense" - later "pretentious" - to describe not your own arrogant and boneheaded garbage but other people's honest and comprehending posts. It's not an accident, it's a pattern.

Are trying to be a comedian or troll
Comedian.
Like Will Rogers said: I don't tell jokes; I just tell people the truth, and they laugh like crazy.
anyways thanks I got a good laugh outta that.
I meant to wish you a merry Christmas.. hope you have a good one.
The main trick to successful condescension is to be right. You've got a bit of work to do.

Last edited:
This is the racism thread division.
My mistake. :mad:
And the only whining here is by you guys.
Liar liar, pants on fire!! :D
No, he isn't.
Trump is a centrist Republican, like Reagan. And like all Republican Presidents since Nixon, he's obviously and blatantly racist (and sexist). That's what the core of the Republican voting base has been voting for since Nixon put the coalition together - it's why the Confederacy votes Republican now.

Trump, btw, has actually been convicted of racism in a court of law - his rental property management was so blatantly racist even the New York City regulators were motivated to bring the case to court, his casino management policy was so obviously racist even the Gaming Commission was forced to prosecute, and so forth. That's what 73 million Republican voters were voting for, in 2016.

73 million voters is not a "remnant" of the old Jim Crow days. Neither are the multiple hour waits many black people and many fewer white people have to endure to vote at all.
What are you telling me for? I'm in Australia and certainly am not nor ever have been racist.

That is you getting stuff badly wrong and whining about it - not only childish, but stereotypically so: the entire Tribe of American racial bigots talks like that. They are forever being picked on by "PC", forever being accused of racism when they clearly said they weren't racist, and forever trying to disparage and slander and attack the people who are picking on them rather than deal with the issues in front of them.

Of course everyday racism (and sexism) is "normal banter" - that's what "everyday" means, genius. And all the posters you are offended by and whining about have been taking that for granted - they've been including it in their references all along, while you were having your little fits about being picked on by a "PC brigade" you invented from mistakes and incomprehensions.

So take a look at the reasons you so completely bollixed that aspect of the thread - got it so badly wrong it screwed up your entire argument, and so personally wrong you brought in the term "pretense" - later "pretentious" - to describe not your own arrogant and boneheaded garbage but other people's honest and comprehending posts. It's not an accident, it's a pattern.
:D Hmmm, over excited I see.
Let me make it clearer.
Normal common every day banter is not sexist or racist, at least not where I am, and that has been borne out positively in every example I have given, not withstanding the nonsensical pretentious politically correct nonsense you and your whinging cohorts are presenting. :p And that includes all my arrogant and bone headed garbage, if that is the way you need to describe it. :p

What are you telling me for?
Replying directly to your post, on your topic.
It's something we in the reality based community do.
I'm in Australia and certainly am not nor ever have been racist.
So?
Uh, sure. And as evidence you can present your declarations of non-racistness, or whatever.

But Trump is. And that doesn't make him extreme - it makes him an ordinary Republican President, and gets him lots of votes from the regular Republican voting base.

Back